ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will need the three as much...Still need to utilize it, of course. Its become a huge part of the game. JHS only shot 29% in HS from three, but is seen as a better shooter than that; his mid-range game is elite as **** though. Geronimo has good form, and every shot he takes, you think--thats going in---until it doesn't. If he can get up to around 35%, he'll be a handful. I still like Bates---a lot. Felt he was just put in a bad spot, playing with the rotations he did. Felt he needed more run with 1st team dudes. To me, he seemed pressured to score, and took some bad, bad shots....Scoop on him coming out of HS was a good shooter, with deeeeeep range. I think you insert him with X, Race and TJD, its takes lots of pressure off him, he isn't option one, and feel he could flourish.

IU is pretty deep TBH...Gunn is a ridiculous shooter, with crazy range----but can be streaky. WHo knows with Kopp? I just think dude lost all confidence. Maybe he gets that back.

To begin the year, I'd like to see...

X
Bates
JHS or Geronimo
Race
TJD

BUt I do think as time goes, its gonna be really difficult to keep JHS/Reneau off the floor. Both are really good.

Then there is Banks. Late bloomer....probably a project...But then again, kid is a crazy athlete, who can score.

Right now, its a certain of X/Race/TJD...after that----man who knows.

Curious if you can elaborate on JHS being seen as a better shooter than that? I thought the knock on him was that he wasn’t much of a threat shooting the ball.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Even if Geronimo or Bates aren’t shooting well from deep it still opens the floor up way more TJD and Race. Reneau will obviously be playing a lot, just expect it more in the post and not on the wing.

Woodson has bodies this year, so expectations gotta get met. Can’t be a last 4 in team again…
IU wasn't a last 4 team in last year....they were the 46th overall seed. Match-up issues is was bumped to where they were/went. MOF, they were seeded(overall) higher than VaTech---who was safely in.

With that being said, I agree that Indiana cannot depend on a good run in the BTT, to secure an NCAAT bid....Talent is there. Depth is there...experience is there. THis IMO will be a huge gauge on what we really have in MIke...

And FTR, Reneau is a monster in the post....but his mid-range ability is very good, and he's solid off the bounce.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Curious if you can elaborate on JHS being seen as a better shooter than that? I thought the knock on him was that he wasn’t much of a threat shooting the ball.
In terms of longe range, its consider his weakness----as I stated, his mid-range game is very good. Few "friends" of mine who "scout", and/or coach within the AAU circles have said he has limited range, but he's better, or has the ability to be better than a 29% shooter.

In other words---speculation...

Terps Baseball 15 seed overall, hosting Long Island, Wake and Uconn this weekend. If they get past that, most likely Stanford..

@bMORE607 did you watch “We own this city”? The cynicism of the wire scrunched down from 60 episodes to 6 episodes made for a tough watch, but I thought it was super well made. Crazy story too

Reactions: jwardelt
well-waiting.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607
IU wasn't a last 4 team in last year....they were the 46th overall seed. Match-up issues is was bumped to where they were/went. MOF, they were seeded(overall) higher than VaTech---who was safely in.

With that being said, I agree that Indiana cannot depend on a good run in the BTT, to secure an NCAAT bid....Talent is there. Depth is there...experience is there. THis IMO will be a huge gauge on what we really have in MIke...

And FTR, Reneau is a monster in the post....but his mid-range ability is very good, and he's solid off the bounce.
@boilerzz ....

Whatcha laughing at bro?

If houstan and diabate(official) leave and um adds no one of value, juwan the coach remain miles ahead of juwan the roster gm/roster constructer.

juwan typically keeps portal pursuits pretty quiet but the only rumblings theres been have been some joey baker(lol) ones
Getting to thin pickings at this point.

If he can shoot the 3 well, not a bad pairing with Hunter offensively

Getting to thin pickings at this point.

If he can shoot the 3 well, not a bad pairing with Hunter offensively
I want Grandison bad.
Obviously people want Nance.
Emoni is honestly still a desperation option.
They have poked around with Akot from Boise state.

I want Grandison bad.
Obviously people want Nance.
Emoni is honestly still a desperation option.
They have poked around with Akot from Boise state.
Doubt Grandison goes there. Nance you have a 0% chance with.

Emoni would be hilarious, just for the MSU factor (and a worthy risk in my book.)

Haven’t seen anything on Akot.

Reactions: ConqueringHero

Emoni would be hilarious, just for the MSU factor (and a worthy risk in my book.)

We’ll see on Grandison but unfortunately you are probably right. He would be a perfect fit. I will have an inside scoop on that one if there is any movement.

We’ll see on Grandison but unfortunately you are probably right. He would be a perfect fit. I will have an inside scoop on that one if there is any movement.
Apparently he’s heard from Kentucky and Duke.

Not really sure what type of role he’s looking for though, can’t imagine he will get a ton of PT at either.

Apparently he’s heard from Kentucky and Duke.

Not really sure what type of role he’s looking for though, can’t imagine he will get a ton of PT at either.
I get those are elite programs and Duke is elite academically, but I presume he left Illinois due to us being crowded at his position … you’d think he’d want a place with playing time. He’s easily good enough to start at A LOT of schools.

UM will have a shot at nance, we finished second for him out of high school and hes a homebody. Michigan and the nances go back to his big brothers recruitment.

I get those are elite programs and Duke is elite academically, but I presume he left Illinois due to us being crowded at his position … you’d think he’d want a place with playing time. He’s easily good enough to start at A LOT of schools.
Yep gradison is the type of player with limits that schools in the 10-25 range(Eli brooks and Duncan Robinson were two we had like this) don’t appreciate enough and think they’d never play for a blue blood but in reality would get major minutes everywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT