ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The insinuation of the post was that it was going to rile up / surprise people that he was coming back. It should be posted about, I just don’t know if it’s going to lead to a ton of discourse.
No…the insinuation was that it was going to rile up/surprise people that he isn’t coming back.

Pike doesn’t often go Ben Affleck. We landed this ginger. Think it was us or Bama for the kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I remember him struggling to guard against the dribble last year. Feel like he’s much better suited to guard the 4.
He is....But he has the skill set to defend at the 3...Either you get better, or well......If JG can shore up the "D" at the 3, he could see a lot of time there.

I'd be surprised if he left...

I’m sure it was but anyone could take 10 seconds to research and see that any IU coach has had plenty of success in recruiting because it recruits itself. It’s why a coach with a personality like Archie’s can reel in 3 5*’s lol.
Wow....Three whopping 5*'s in 4 years----and one if we are being honest, Langford, was damn near gifted. The other two----Indiana kids basically an hour or so from Bloomington. Getting kids from Indiana, to go to Indiana, isn't exactly exhausting, moon landing type of news... Miller landed zero 5*'s from outside the state...

Woodson has now landed three, in one full season----and none are from Indiana.

I’ll be curious how underwood changes with kofi gone. Kofi was a one of a kind and underwood completely changed how he liked to play for him. Does he now go back to small ball, at a high pace and a high pressure defense?

No more Kofi to kick around. I guess he got tired of playing against Zach Edey and wanted to play someone more his own size.

I’ll be curious how underwood changes with kofi gone. Kofi was a one of a kind and underwood completely changed how he liked to play for him. Does he now go back to small ball, at a high pace and a high pressure defense?
He’s always wanted a different kind of Center than Kofi. But when you have him you simply have to cater to his strengths. It should be fun to see how it all works out for us. It will also be interesting to see if a solid big will enter the portal now. We won’t throw similar money at Kofis replacement, but it could still be a large chunk.

I did misinterpret your initial post though too, so that’s on me.
Yeah, the way I framed it I thought it would be more obvious that he wasn’t coming back. But I knew he wasn’t coming back then so it probably wasn’t obvious to others that thought they knew he was staying.

Need a center transfer and either a wing transfer or Christie to come back. Get those 2 things and MSU is pretty good.

Ironically, we will probably try to play a lot more like Houston, haha. Bigger, more athletic guards (albeit younger and inexperienced) and smaller big men (but more mobile). We’ll definitely be in for a slight rebuilding year after losing a player like Kofi, but as a fan I’m excited to see how a young and talented group responds.

Need a center transfer and either a wing transfer or Christie to come back. Get those 2 things and MSU is pretty good.
We are just waiting for Nijel Pack to hopefully commit. We look a lot different with and without him. I still think we could use a SG but doesn't sound likely, so a walk-on probably gets the 13th scholarship.

With Pack:
1 Pack, Braden Smith
2 Newman, Fletcher Loyer
3 Morton, Brian Waddell
4 Gillis, Trey Kaufmann-Renn
5 Edey, Furst

? Berg, Heide

Without Pack:
1 Morton, Braden Smith
2 Newman, ?
3 Fletcher Loyer, Brian Waddell
4 Gillis, TKR, Camden Heide
5 Edey, Furst

? Berg

We are just waiting for Nijel Pack to hopefully commit. We look a lot different with and without him. I still think we could use a SG but doesn't sound likely, so a walk-on probably gets the 13th scholarship.

With Pack:
1 Pack, Braden Smith
2 Newman, Fletcher Loyer
3 Morton, Brian Waddell
4 Gillis, Trey Kaufmann-Renn
5 Edey, Furst

? Berg, Heide

Without Pack:
1 Morton, Braden Smith
2 Newman, ?
3 Fletcher Loyer, Brian Waddell
4 Gillis, TKR, Camden Heide
5 Edey, Furst

? Berg
Feel like Pack to PU is a done deal?

Feel like Pack to PU is a done deal?
I'm a Purdue fan so I never feel something is a done deal until it's done. Especially with NIL in play.

But it just makes too much sense for me to not be at least hopeful.

Reactions: cmore79
I'm a Purdue fan so I never feel something is a done deal until it's done. Especially with NIL in play.

But it just makes too much sense for me to not be at least hopeful.
I know that feeling. As an outside observer, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t at PU next year.

If TJD comes back they should be, if they actually will be is another question.

The talent will certainly be there.
I feel like once again the biggest question for IU is, if you are going to play 2 of TJD, Race and Reneau together, you have to surround them with shooters and I'm still not sure IU has enough of them yet. Woody showed he can coach them up to play D but can he do the same on O?

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but 3P shooting has been the biggest issue for IU since the day Tom Crean was fired.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I feel like once again the biggest question for IU is, if you are going to play 2 of TJD, Race and Reneau together, you have to surround them with shooters and I'm still not sure IU has enough of them yet. Woody showed he can coach them up to play D but can he do the same on O?

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but 3P shooting has been the biggest issue for IU since the day Tom Crean was fired.
That's going to be the question, Kansas wasn't a fantastic three point shooting team last year but they could knock them down when they needed to.

XJ shot better towards the end of the season but Schifino while I think he'll be good right away is more of a slashing guard. IU also need Geronimo and Bates to develop and play closer to their potential.

The team still has a ton of questions, I think the talent is there on paper but Woodson still has much more to prove as a coach before we can just pencil it in. All in all the BIG10 is going to be really interesting next year.

Reactions: boilerzz
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT