ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think especially on defense. That's one of his strengths. Of course depends on the team and size of the 3 but I don't see a problem him getting some time there.

I remember him struggling to guard against the dribble last year. Feel like he’s much better suited to guard the 4.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Sounds like a big man is transferring. Izzo is going to be forced to use the portal to replace Marble or Sissoko. Thank fvcking God!

Reactions: ConqueringHero
I remember him struggling to guard against the dribble last year. Feel like he’s much better suited to guard the 4.
Not that I remember. He may have had issues with switching situations but he's pretty athletic. Point is 4 guys to share time at the 4/5 with one of them able to slide over the 3 at times isn't going to be an issue.

I remember it being mentioned when he was hired.

I’m sure it was but anyone could take 10 seconds to research and see that any IU coach has had plenty of success in recruiting because it recruits itself. It’s why a coach with a personality like Archie’s can reel in 3 5*’s lol.

Huh? Illinois was SO BAD when he got here. And they have the best winning pctg. in the league over the last 3 years … 60% of his tenure. Either Illinois is the best job in the B1G by a mile and a half, or the guy has done an amazing turnaround job. Not sure how you can have it both ways?

Again, the standard to judge his coaching chops against isn’t Tom Izzo or John Belein … it’s John Groce. Because that’s the hand he was dealt. He turned shit into silver, and you’re unimpressed he hasn’t yet created gold?
Actually Illinois has the best winning % in B1G history.

How do state people feel about Marble?
I have a lower opinion than most, but I don’t think he’s a P5 level player. He’s an undersized 5 with low defensive IQ and struggles as a rebounder. He runs hard and has some touch around the rim but isn’t a solid enough offensive threat to make up for lack of defense.

I haven’t seen a big get as many minutes as him at MSU who struggled both mentally and had physical limitations on defense.

Reactions: JRMSU and GOO_HAM
Damn...that dude torched us last year before quitting. Of course we still kicked their asses but....
He was just mediocre against us his freshman year when at Marquette. I don't think I've seen him play since.

North Carolina was much worse while he was playing. Not all because of him, but it was certainly a contributing factor
Certainly hasn't lived up to the Hike School hype. Circumstances may have contributed to it or maybe not.

North Carolina was much worse while he was playing. Not all because of him, but it was certainly a contributing factor
Obviously had a tough year outside of basketball, but when I watched UNC early on, he was essentially a very talented Hauser - just a soft big that camped at the 3 point line and didn't do a whole lot otherwise.

He obviously has the potential to be very good and I think this is objectively a great add for Minnesota. But TBD on how much better he makes a team.

I have a lower opinion than most, but I don’t think he’s a P5 level player. He’s an undersized 5 with low defensive IQ and struggles as a rebounder. He runs hard and has some touch around the rim but isn’t a solid enough offensive threat to make up for lack of defense.

I haven’t seen a big get as many minutes as him at MSU who struggled both mentally and had physical limitations on defense.
Don't disagree, but I think he'd do work if he dropped down a level. Can bully down low and has the nice mid-range J.

Reactions: MGC_07
throw-our-heads-back-laughing.gif

Obviously had a tough year outside of basketball, but when I watched UNC early on, he was essentially a very talented Hauser - just a soft big that camped at the 3 point line and didn't do a whole lot otherwise.

He obviously has the potential to be very good and I think this is objectively a great add for Minnesota. But TBD on how much better he makes a team.
Were going to be a much bigger, deeper and more athletic team next year in the frontcourt. Backcourt is TBD....
G/F Jaden Henley 6'7
F Josh Ola-Joseph 6'7
F Jamison Battle 6'7
F Parker Fox 6'8
F Isaiah Ihnen 6'9
C Pharrel Payne 6'9
F Dawson Garcia 6'11
C Treyton Thompson 7'0

Beilein definitely wasted Poole and Robinson at um. These dudes came off the bench for our 2018 team, that squad was ridiculously talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT