ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How much money do you make" is the dumbest form of message board fodder so I'm changing gears to golf. Probably because the first half of my golf calendar is stupid good.

Just got back from San Diego where I played two rounds on Torrey Pines (South). Heading to Oakmont 4/28 and 4/29 for two rounds. Bandon Dunes from 5/31 to 6/5 where I'll play them all. Finish the early golf season at Pebble from 6/24-6/27. One round at Pebble and two at Spyglass. Hoping to get the call to change one of the Spyglass rounds to Cypress Point or Monterrey Peninsula.

Anyone else have any good golf coming up?
You lucky bastard. No special golf trips coming up for me but have already signed up for/played in a lot more golf events/scrambles within a 2 hour drive from me than I have in the previous few seasons. Looking to play a lot more this year.

Also plan on getting back to the memorial tournament for PGA this year, had a blast there last year. One of these years I’ll win that master’s lottery, surely.

"How much money do you make" is the dumbest form of message board fodder so I'm changing gears to golf. Probably because the first half of my golf calendar is stupid good.

Just got back from San Diego where I played two rounds on Torrey Pines (South). Heading to Oakmont 4/28 and 4/29 for two rounds. Bandon Dunes from 5/31 to 6/5 where I'll play them all. Finish the early golf season at Pebble from 6/24-6/27. One round at Pebble and two at Spyglass. Hoping to get the call to change one of the Spyglass rounds to Cypress Point or Monterrey Peninsula.

Anyone else have any good golf coming up?
Spent last week playing the 3 Reunion Resort courses in Orlando….one each built by Watson, Palmer and Nicklaus. Played 7 rounds in 5 days.

Picked my wife up at the airport Sunday and we are spending the week at Madeira Beach so I can dry out.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Since we are in the silly season, this is 2023 Purdue commit and son of former NFL LB Roosevelt Colvin. He plays down a level in AAU for some reason so doesn’t get the exposure others do. Can‘t wait to see him in Gold and Black.

Reactions: mathboy
*hypes d1 commit showing highlight from playing down a level*. *upset someone said his dog is fast sarcastically*. Off season is in full swing.
Damn straight. Now, I'm going to go kick my dog for not being as fast as Hail's!

Since we are in the silly season, this is 2023 Purdue commit and son of former NFL LB Roosevelt Colvin. He plays down a level in AAU for some reason so doesn’t get the exposure others do. Can‘t wait to see him in Gold and Black.

Top 50 IMO. But if he doesn’t play in a better grass roots league he probably won’t get the visibility unfortunately. But it’s pretty clear he has the talent and ability to be a top 50 guy.

Top 50 IMO. But if he doesn’t play in a better grass roots league he probably won’t get the visibility unfortunately. But it’s pretty clear he has the talent and ability to be a top 50 guy.
Not sure a player who commited needs to play up a level or at all. AAU is not a place to learn real world skills imo. If he’s looking for a payday - which is a legit endeavor- I’d agree.

edit - also useful if winning off-season natty is important to you.

He's no Ben Affleck but probably best we are going to do for a backup pg.

Is Seiya Suzuki the best baseball player of all time? My column*:

*If it turns out this is just a small sample size and he’s not actually good, no one is allowed to use him to make fun of me. Seiya is like family to me. This is established precedent.

Carry on with transfer portal nonsense

Reactions: Jaycg15
Is Seiya Suzuki the best baseball player of all time? My column*:

*If it turns out this is just a small sample size and he’s not actually good, no one is allowed to use him to make fun of me. Seiya is like family to me. This is established precedent.

Carry on with transfer portal nonsense

Wonder how he’ll compare to Kosuke tbh. Best last name on a jersey ever.

Wonder how he’ll compare to Kosuke tbh. Best last name on a jersey ever.
I think he should be quite a bit better. Even in Japan, kosuke didn’t really show plus power. The only thing I was concerned about with Seiya was his bat speed, but he looked strong against the Brewers top three pitchers and that’s about as good starting pitching unit in baseball. He also doesn’t chase basically any pitch out of the zone so that’s another good sign.

Reactions: boiler1987
I think he's a contingency for Hawkins leaving, but you never know.
I have seen nothing to suggest he is...? God, I hope he doesn't. The way he played at the end of the year, he can really be a beast next year with another offseason of working on his decision making and his shooting. Guy has the build and length to make the league.

Reactions: jwardelt
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT