ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as personal insults go, saying you have a fast dog is pretty benign. You’ll shake it off.

My dog is like part of my family. Using her to take shots at me is low. There’s a shit load of other stuff you can can troll me for. If you don’t see it that way, go for it, but I didn’t think that of you.

Reactions: Boilermb
Sounds like juwan may be the lakers backup to nick nurse, going be hard for juwan to turn that one down if they come calling. Unless we aare willing to pay oats buyout(highly doubtful) man that would leave us in a mess.

Sounds like juwan may be the lakers backup to nick nurse, going be hard for juwan to turn that one down if they come calling. Unless we aare willing to pay oats buyout(highly doubtful) man that would leave us in a mess.

No offense to Juwan but I don’t see him being a successful NBA coach ESPECIALLY with a storied franchise like the Lakers.

Juwan Howard is not going to the lakers lmao 🤣

Reactions: boiler1987
I don’t think we’d see Juwan leaving until his sons are through Michigan. But if LA offered that’s probably the most tempting offer he could have.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
No fret, tournament results mean nothing.
While I enjoy this board for comedic value, sometimes I wish we could all at least just give each other SOME props, lol … at least to the point of things 99% of normal fans agree on. Both the regular season AND the Tournament matter.

Winning your conference is an amazing achievement, every year, no matter what; you’d be insane not to think that, and we all go into every year wanting that banner.

At the same time, we’re all doing it in preparation for the Tourney, right? Where to draw that line is kind of hard. For me, given that Illinois was one game away from a Big Ten title in both 2020 and 2021, I would take the banner + Second Round loss this year over no banner (again) and a Sweet Sixteen. However, if you changed it to an Elite Eight, I’d flip my answer. Also, for next year I’d probably prefer getting the “making the second weekend” monkey off of our back rather than repeating as Big Ten champs. Just always depends. We sucked for a long time after being VERY good for the first years of sports I watched (2000s), so as a fan I’m still in baby steps mode for what our program is achieving, haha. If we kept being this good for a few more years and success was being sustained once again, my perspective would obviously shift.

While I enjoy this board for comedic value, sometimes I wish we could all at least just give each other SOME props, lol … at least to the point of things 99% of normal fans agree on. Both the regular season AND the Tournament matter.

Winning your conference is an amazing achievement, every year, no matter what; you’d be insane not to think that, and we all go into every year wanting that banner.

At the same time, we’re all doing it in preparation for the Tourney, right? Where to draw that line is kind of hard. For me, given that Illinois was one game away from a Big Ten title in both 2020 and 2021, I would take the banner + Second Round loss this year over no banner (again) and a Sweet Sixteen. However, if you changed it to an Elite Eight, I’d flip my answer. Also, for next year I’d probably prefer getting the “making the second weekend” monkey off of our back rather than repeating as Big Ten champs. Just always depends. We sucked for a long time after being VERY good for the first years of sports I watched (2000s), so as a fan I’m still in baby steps mode for what our program is achieving, haha. If we kept being this good for a few more years and success was being sustained once again, my perspective would obviously shift.

I never once downplayed the Illinois conference title. I think that was sweet for them. But in the same aspect, making a Sweet 16 takes a lot of string away from sucking in the regular season.

I never once downplayed the Illinois conference title. I think that was sweet for them. But in the same aspect, making a Sweet 16 takes a lot of string away from sucking in the regular season.
Both are solid accomplishments. During our 6/7 Sweet 16 run I think we only won the B1G 1 time. We didn't have any regular seasons quite as bad as UM just had during that stretch but 6 Sweet 16's just added to the fun. Couple final fours didn't hurt either.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
You think poking fun at your mid-season reprieve from college basketball is a personal insult? That's below Iowa-level Charmin.

I was here for every one of Michigan’s losses and ate crow along the way. I just happened to also share info about my dogs sport along the way. I did so when Michigan was winning last year, too. Idk where this idea that I’ve ever stopped posting about basketball when Michigan sucks came from.

You can call it soft but IMO using someone’s dog to take shots at someone is below stuff like making fun of me going to Ferris or the murse jokes.

He goes to high school in my town. Neither MSU nor UM is in on him.
200.gif

How much money do you make pussy?

I’ve moved on from bullying about [redacted animal comment] to full on salary shaming.

I think I might be addicted to bullying
He's getting ready to turn me on to animal lover shamming. I expect that crying thing from the never married never had kids 50yo with dog stickers on their Kia Sorento but not @hailtoyourvictor .

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
"How much money do you make" is the dumbest form of message board fodder so I'm changing gears to golf. Probably because the first half of my golf calendar is stupid good.

Just got back from San Diego where I played two rounds on Torrey Pines (South). Heading to Oakmont 4/28 and 4/29 for two rounds. Bandon Dunes from 5/31 to 6/5 where I'll play them all. Finish the early golf season at Pebble from 6/24-6/27. One round at Pebble and two at Spyglass. Hoping to get the call to change one of the Spyglass rounds to Cypress Point or Monterrey Peninsula.

Anyone else have any good golf coming up?

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607
He once spent a full day asking me how much money I made in hopes of dunking on me.

And that was douchey of me and I haven’t done anything like that ITT for like two years. I do take a lot of personal jabs in stride (Ferris State education, murse, etc.) but I think using someone’s family or pets to take shots is beneath all of that even.

I was here for every one of Michigan’s losses and ate crow along the way. I just happened to also share info about my dogs sport along the way. I did so when Michigan was winning last year, too. Idk where this idea that I’ve ever stopped posting about basketball when Michigan sucks came from.

You can call it soft but IMO using someone’s dog to take shots at someone is below stuff like making fun of me going to Ferris or the murse jokes.
We’re not even making fun of your dog, we’re making fun of you going full off-season in the middle of the season. It’s completely benign.

"How much money do you make" is the dumbest form of message board fodder so I'm changing gears to golf. Probably because the first half of my golf calendar is stupid good.

Just got back from San Diego where I played two rounds on Torrey Pines (South). Heading to Oakmont 4/28 and 4/29 for two rounds. Bandon Dunes from 5/31 to 6/5 where I'll play them all. Finish the early golf season at Pebble from 6/24-6/27. One round at Pebble and two at Spyglass. Hoping to get the call to change one of the Spyglass rounds to Cypress Point or Monterrey Peninsula.

Anyone else have any good golf coming up?
Going on a local trip with some friends at the end of the month. Nothing special, but I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: RutgHoops
And that was douchey of me and I haven’t done anything like that ITT for like two years. I do take a lot of personal jabs in stride (Ferris State education, murse, etc.) but I think using someone’s family or pets to take shots is beneath all of that even.
He's not even making fun of your dog. He's making fun you talking about how fast he is. That's the sad part, he's making fun of you not your dog but here you are getting upset over it.

We’re not even making fun of your dog, we’re making fun of you going full off-season in the middle of the season. It’s completely benign.

I was here during every loss.

I just happened to also share about my dog just as I did last season when Michigan was good.

And now you guys use that info I share about my dog to try and troll/insult me. It is what it is.

He's not even making fun of your dog. He's making fun you talking about how fast he is. That's the sad part, he's making fun of you not your dog but here you are getting upset over it.

People share a lot of personal stuff ITT that I avoid when I talk shit or troll. Someone sharing stuff about their family or pets would fall under that. But obviously not everyone sees eye to eye on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT