ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wish the postseason didn’t mean anything
I’m just saying I don’t think going 17-15 with a squad everyone but Tom Crean thought would compete for a conference championship is hilarious because winning 2 games after that made me ignore that part of the season.

I’m just saying I don’t think going 17-15 with a squad everyone but Tom Crean thought would compete for a conference championship is hilarious because winning 2 games after that made me ignore that part of the season.

If I was an Illinois fan I’d wish people didn’t care about the postseason. How old were you the last time Illinois made it past the round of 32?

Meh pre - season rankings are meaningless. Last year Vegas O/U for wins for Michigan Football was 7 wins and I think MSU was 5.5 . Michigan won 12 and the title beating OSU for the first time in a decade and MSU won 11 games

Preseason rankings are pretty much a joke

People are saying we might not pursue a big via the portal if we get Hauser back.

That is stupid as fvck. I genuinely think a center rotation of Julius Marble and Mady Sissoko is bottom of the conference. It’s so goddamn clearly the biggest need.

Not trying to troll here. With Christie all but gone losing asst coaches, is there a chance Izzo pulls a Roy Williams and just walks away?

People are saying we might not pursue a big via the portal if we get Hauser back.

That is stupid as fvck. I genuinely think a center rotation of Julius Marble and Mady Sissoko is bottom of the conference. It’s so goddamn clearly the biggest need.
Sounds like it’s gonna happen

Sounds like it’s gonna happen
We aren’t not pursuing them because Izzo is done. He’s been on the road all week long recruiting and we’re pursuing other transfers like Jalen Bridges.

I just think Izzo thinks we’re fine rolling into next year with the bigs we have. I think that’s dumb.

Reactions: RichieRebel
We aren’t not pursuing them because Izzo is done. He’s been on the road all week long recruiting and we’re pursuing other transfers like Jalen Bridges.

I just think Izzo thinks we’re fine rolling into next year with the bigs we have. I think that’s dumb.

People start to not think as clear with old age

Certainly caps MSU’s ceiling, probably looking at a middling team in conference if he runs it back without adding another quality big.

Reactions: MGC_07
Archie Miller

Don't forget TJD. He's begging to be coached by this 3rd coach in college.

Certainly caps MSU’s ceiling, probably looking at a middling team in conference if he runs it back without adding another quality big.
I agree. It would be putting a very solid guard grouping to waste. Teams like Michigan, Illinois, and Purdue would just absolutely fvck us up. We would have the worst defensive big man in recent memory for us, Julius Marble, and his backup would be a guy who's a foul machine and is simply not a Big Ten player. That's awful for such a key position in this conference.

Even offering some unathletic 7 footers from lower levels would help us out. I seriously don't understand it.

I agree. It would be putting a very solid guard grouping to waste. Teams like Michigan, Illinois, and Purdue would just absolutely fvck us up. We would have the worst defensive big man in recent memory for us, Julius Marble, and his backup would be a guy who's a foul machine and is simply not a Big Ten player. That's awful for such a key position in this conference.

Even offering some unathletic 7 footers from lower levels would help us out. I seriously don't understand it.
Maybe he isn’t enamored by the options so far and expects more to enter the portal soon?

Only thing I can think of, unless he’s content with a middling team…

Maybe he isn’t enamored by the options so far and expects more to enter the portal soon?

Only thing I can think of, unless he’s content with a middling team…
That's what some insiders think. Unless he knows he has TJD or something, which I seriously doubt at this point, I can't seem to understand why you wouldn't be pursuing at least one. There are a lot of solid options currently in the portal. Better than what we have now.

That's what some insiders think. Unless he knows he has TJD or something, which I seriously doubt at this point, I can't seem to understand why you wouldn't be pursuing at least one. There are a lot of solid options currently in the portal. Better than what we have now.
Omar Payne is in the portal. Jus’ sayin’.

TJD as in, Indiana TJD? He's not transferring. He'll either A) stay in the draft, of B) return to IU, with an already 6 figure NIL deal waiting...

If I was an Illinois fan I’d wish people didn’t care about the postseason. How old were you the last time Illinois made it past the round of 32?
I’m not sure. I went through a phase where I stopped watching college basketball because my team was not well-coached, and I started heavily investing time in how fast my dog was.

I’m not sure. I went through a phase where I stopped watching college basketball because my team was not well-coached, and I started heavily investing time in how fast my dog was.

It’s all a blur after the first 5 or so years I would imagine. Sucking for a couple months was annoying. Not making it past the round of 32 in 16 seasons would feel like a twilight zone episode.

TJD as in, Indiana TJD? He's not transferring. He'll either A) stay in the draft, of B) return to IU, with an already 6 figure NIL deal waiting...
He could easily get a 6 figure deal anywhere he went. I’m perplexed why IU fans think a 6 figure deal is unmatchable/unbeatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichieRebel
It’s all a blur after the first 5 or so years I would imagine. Sucking for a couple months was annoying. Not making it past the round of 32 in 16 seasons would feel like a twilight zone episode.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ingersol
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT