ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never did look like he did at the end of the 21 season, maybe Ayo played a bigger role, maybe it was concussion, maybe his ego just took over seeing himself on so many preseason lists. Either way he had a very bad year vs how he had looked in the second half/end of his freshman year.
I think it was partly the concussion and partly his ego and it all just came crashing down on him. I wish him the best.

I think it was partly the concussion and partly his ego and it all just came crashing down on him. I wish him the best.
Agreed, either way hope where ever he lands he figures it out as he had talent but not the mindset to be able to utilize it.

This offseason will be quite interesting as its the first year with a now "solid" understanding of NIL and the free transfer portal, which could lead to lots of upheaval within teams/standings in the B1G/NCAA vs prior years.

Reactions: cmore79
Some rumblings um is in serious play for a patrick baldwin transfer. bBig time talent and shooting rep but a rough frosh year and seems like a guy that would add to our glut of guys best at the 4.

Reactions: cmore79
Speaking of which, Brooks has a better line than him this year 😎
Frazier was playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder all year.

Definitely wore him down as the year progressed.

I’d take healthy Frazier over Brooks 10 times out of 10. No offense to Brooks

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
He never did look like he did at the end of the 21 season, maybe Ayo played a bigger role, maybe it was concussion, maybe his ego just took over seeing himself on so many preseason lists. Either way he had a very bad year vs how he had looked in the second half/end of his freshman year.
He looked good in the games without Ayo in the 20/21 season.

But yeah I agree the praise he got probably went to his head some. That along with the injury caused the decline in his production

Some rumblings um is in serious play for a patrick baldwin transfer. bBig time talent and shooting rep but a rough frosh year and seems like a guy that would add to our glut of guys best at the 4.
I see Patrick in some early second round mocks, interesting to see if he is thinking that going to MI for a year will bump him up or if he is looking at NIL money instead.

Apparently Christie will get feedback from the NBA and go if he’s hearing first round. I don’t think he will though, he was a shooter who shot 31% from 3 this year and doesn’t have an NBA body. Most mocks don’t have him sniffing the first, save for like one.

I’m biased but I think him coming back, getting stronger, and having a more solid next season could definitely solidify him in the first. He’s talented but struggled to adjust to the strength on the game at times. He couldn’t drive on anybody.

Frazier was playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder all year.

Definitely wore him down as the year progressed.

I’d take healthy Frazier over Brooks 10 times out of 10. No offense to Brooks

Brooks:
12.7ppg
3.7rpg
2.9apg
39.4% from three
44.4% fg %

Frazier:
11.6ppg
2.8rpg
4.1apg
32.8% from three
39.7% fg %

Apparently Christie will get feedback from the NBA and go if he’s hearing first round. I don’t think he will though, he was a shooter who shot 31% from 3 this year and doesn’t have an NBA body. Most mocks don’t have him sniffing the first, save for like one.

I’m biased but I think him coming back, getting stronger, and having a more solid next season could definitely solidify him in the first. He’s talented but struggled to adjust to the strength on the game at times. He couldn’t drive on anybody.
Agree with you. Could benefit a lot from staying.

Not a super great draft for SGs tho so you never know. Hard to fault guys if they are going to be first round picks. Better hope their info is good tho.

Agree with you. Could benefit a lot from staying.

Not a super great draft for SGs tho so you never know. Hard to fault guys if they are going to be first round picks. Better hope their info is good tho.
People seem to think he’ll be back, but you never know. I think some around him were frustrated with how this year went for him, albeit Izzo keep giving him shots and minutes so can’t really blame it on lack of role, he played to most minutes on the team.

I firmly believe he can bump his strength up and his percentages up, which were pretty rough this past year (38% from the field, 31% from 3). I mean look at all of the sophomores in our conference who solidified themselves as lottery picks this year. Not saying he’ll be an All American but I truly do think he can really bump his stock by staying a year. JMO.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Brooks:
12.7ppg
3.7rpg
2.9apg
39.4% from three
44.4% fg %

Frazier:
11.6ppg
2.8rpg
4.1apg
32.8% from three
39.7% fg %
I’m not necessarily agreeing with his take (love Brooks as a player), but stats don’t tell the whole story. Trent’s main contribution to our team most of the time was his elite on-ball defense … one of the best I’ve seen at Illinois since Luther Head.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Brooks:
12.7ppg
3.7rpg
2.9apg
39.4% from three
44.4% fg %

Frazier:
11.6ppg
2.8rpg
4.1apg
32.8% from three
39.7% fg %
Trent played PG, a role he wasn’t best in, due to necessity.

Was arguably the second best guard defender (McConnell is #1) in Conference.

Brooks is good player, just isn’t as good as Frazier. Again, no offense intended.

People seem to think he’ll be back, but you never know. I think some around him were frustrated with how this year went for him, albeit Izzo keep giving him shots and minutes so can’t really blame it on lack of role, he played to most minutes on the team.

I firmly believe he can bump his strength up and his percentages up, which were pretty rough this past year (38% from the field, 31% from 3). I mean look at all of the sophomores in our conference who solidified themselves as lottery picks this year. Not saying he’ll be an All American but I truly do think he can really bump his stock by staying a year. JMO.
I think so too. He wore down physically and was asked to do a lot but the flashes were there early in the year and at some other points. Has a lot of room to put on muscle and become a Gary Harris type.

Reactions: MGC_07
I think so too. He wore down physically and was asked to do a lot but the flashes were there early in the year and at some other points. Has a lot of room to put on muscle and become a Gary Harris type.
You pretty much nailed it, I agree with all of this.

FPDNbUWXMAwfcfu

FPDNe3RXEAQmhUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT