ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm compiling them as I type this man. Expect them to be ready in January.
Just wait til Illinois/Iowa concludes, that’ll have a huge impact on the rankings.

Eye test will tell you everything you need to know

I bet it before Leavis news. Now I just have to ride it out and it doesn't look good
UK just recovered fumble....Cats driving. I think even w/o Levis, UK should win. You did bet ML, right?

Got the duo TVs going. Not sure what the all knowing metrics through a couple weeks say, but Illinois seems like they could definitely win the west this year.

Don’t forget #1 scoring D in the country. Somehow
Chase Brown is > Corum
Devito > McCarthy
Illinois defense > Michigan defense

If we didn't rank teams before week 4, not sure we'd rank Michigan over Illinois. Non con shouldn't help solidify preseason rankings. Illinois losing DeVito in this game is a big deal.

Chase Brown is > Corum
Devito > McCarthy

If we didn't rank teams before week 4, not sure we'd rank Michigan over Illinois. Non con shouldn't help solidify preseason rankings. Illinois losing DeVito in this game is a big deal.

Where would you rank Illinois in the Big 12?

Chase Brown is > Corum
Devito > McCarthy

Hold your horses on the top part. It’s early in the season.

DeVito out sucks, Sitkowski is rough

Updated B1G East vs B1G West:

OSU, Michigan and PSU 4-0 vs west

IU, Maryland, Rutgers and MSU 1-5 vs West

Overall 5-5 vs West

#TopHeavy

Reactions: duckboy33
Updated B1G East vs B1G West:

OSU, Michigan and PSU 4-0 vs west

IU, Maryland, Rutgers and MSU 1-5 vs West

Overall 5-5 vs West

#TopHeavy
I mean do we value conferences by how good their worst teams ares? I would take 1, 2, and 3 in the East over anyone in the West.

I mean do we value conferences by how good their worst teams ares? I would take 1, 2, and 3 in the East over anyone in the West.
I think it's dumb to do any of this but certain people on this board think division pride is all they have so they want to preach it.

The reality is there is one consistently great team (OSU) and a bunch that aspire to be that team.

I think it's dumb to do any of this but certain people on this board think division pride is all they have so they want to preach it.

The reality is there is one consistently great team (OSU) and a bunch that aspire to be that team.
I would agree OSU is the only consistently great. But since the creation of East and West there have been 3 different CFP teams and 4 different champions. All from the East. I think it’s fair to say the East even outside of Ohio State has reached great heights.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I would agree OSU is the only consistently great. But since the creation of East and West there have been 3 different CFP teams and 4 different champions. All from the East. I think it’s fair to say the East even outside of Ohio State has reached great heights.
On rare occasion, of course. But in general, it's not great either. So not much value in trying to ride those coattails IMO.

On rare occasion, of course. But in general, it's not great either. So not much value in trying to ride those coattails IMO.
Here are the finishes of all of MSU, Penn State, and Michigan versus the West in the East/West timeframe (Final AP top 25)

MSU/5
Wisconsin/13
East favored

MSU/6
Iowa/9
Michigan/12
Wisconsin/21
Northwestern/23
East slightly favored, 2 in top 12.

Penn State/7
Wisconsin/9
Michigan/10
East Favored

Wisconsin/7
Penn State/8
MSU/15
Northwestern/17
Draw

Michigan/14
Penn State/17
Northwestern/21
Iowa/25
East favored

Penn State/9
Minnesota/10
Wisconsin/11
Iowa/15
Michigan/18
West Favored

Northwestern/10
Iowa/16
West Favored

Michigan/3
MSU/9
Iowa/23
East Favored

So 3 of the non best Big Ten East teams versus the 7 teams in the West finished 5-2-1.

Here are the finishes of all of MSU, Penn State, and Michigan versus the West in the East/West timeframe (Final AP top 25)

MSU/5
Wisconsin/13
East favored

MSU/6
Iowa/9
Michigan/12
Wisconsin/21
Northwestern/23
East slightly favored, 2 in top 12.

Penn State/7
Wisconsin/9
Michigan/10
East Favored

Wisconsin/7
Penn State/8
MSU/15
Northwestern/17
Draw

Michigan/14
Penn State/17
Northwestern/21
Iowa/25
East favored

Penn State/9
Minnesota/10
Wisconsin/11
Iowa/15
Michigan/18
West Favored

Northwestern/10
Iowa/16
West Favored

Michigan/3
MSU/9
Iowa/23
East Favored

So 3 of the non best Big Ten East teams versus the 7 teams in the West finished 5-2-1.
And? That was a lot of work to say something very similar to what I said.

And? That was a lot of work to say something very similar to what I said.
More of my own curiosity than anything else.

What are your expectations for Purdue? I’m thinking of snagging Edey at 10 in the draft if he’s still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT