ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conference you are hyping hasn’t won anything of note.

You have no data to support your take. And at this point if teams at the top lose, it’s because of “great depth”

Aka you can’t swayed from an opinion that you have no evidence to support.

I don't see any elite teams in the big 12. No Ohio State/Georgia/Bama etc

There are hundreds out there but all pretty similar. I referenced action network’s public power ratings in listing those spreads though.

Oh ok, I recognize that the power rankings you referenced don't agree with my opinion and that's important in this debate.

In a thread on September 23rd titled: “Who is Georgia’s biggest threat”:

Either Michigan, Ohio State, or Arkansas. I don't see anyone else who can beat them.

In three weeks Michigan went 3-0 and is now worse than 9 of 10 Big 12 teams.

Arkansas:

6-A9-C5-CC4-B2-F6-4855-A3-B0-0-F08-B4-BB0-AEC.jpg

You’ve seen less than half the games and still will rely completely on the eye test and ignore metrics?

Well yeah? We are a third of the way through the season. Am I taking crazy pills that Michigan beating Hawaii, Maryland, Indiana, Iowa, and UConn is supposed to produce telling metrics?

Well yeah? We are a third of the way through the season. Am I taking crazy pills that Michigan beating Hawaii, Maryland, Indiana, Iowa, and UConn is supposed to produce telling metrics?
Well apparently losing to Tulane like Kansas St did is super impressive. Or how about getting beat by 13 to NC St like Texas Tech did.

Those teams would kill Michigan tbh

Arkansas according to you 3 weeks ago. How’d that go? Sweet eye test.

Yeah I thought they'd be good this year. They clearly aren't. But having seen them play, it changed my opinion on them. Are you convinced Michigan is a playoff contender or something?

Tulane would win the Big 12. Prove me wrong.

If you don't want to talk about this in good faith just tell me so I'm not wasting time. I gave an opinion, told you before hand it's an opinion, and you disagree with it. I acknowledge the early metrics disagree with my opinion and that's more important than my random opinion. Noted.

If you don't want to talk about this in good faith just tell me so I'm not wasting time. I gave an opinion, told you before hand it's an opinion, and you disagree with it. I acknowledge the early metrics disagree with my opinion and that's more important than my random opinion. Noted.

What makes you think the statement is of bad faith?

Tulane would win the Big 12. Prove me wrong.

Everyone disagrees with the premise that Michigan could only beat Oklahoma of all the Big 12 teams.

Next time you have this big of a hot take, get at least a shred of evidence to back up your opinion.

No you're right. The metrics disagree with my opinion. I do agree that's more important than my or any hot takes through 4 games.

If you ask why I have a subscription to Peegs, it’s reading shit like this from 50 something year old Rabjohns:

That was pretty dope. Best Hoosier Hysteria I’ve seen. Best one I’ve even heard about. Significantly better. Had a vibe. Had actual buzz. Major strides forward. So much cooler.

The convertibles were cool. Coaches talked briefly - very smart! Old people talking for long periods of time bores the hell out of young people. Intros were much better. Woody saying IU basketball “is the sh—,” that’s gonna play very well.

The whole thing changed because of G Herbo.

Video and photos of the IU players on stage with G Herbo are the best visuals IU basketball has ever had from an event like this. All of that will play incredibly well on social media and in things IU can and will send to recruits.

IU has never — to my knowledge — had any videos and visuals to that level of cool to send out. All that stuff hits different.

The Snoop Dogg video clip was phenomenal. Major props to whomever got that done.

Woodson coming out to “Put on” by Young Jeezy was outstanding.

This was about stamping IU as a modern basketball program with visuals, videos and images. That’s very smart.

The players on stage with G Herbo, that’s five-star stuff. That put the whole event on a completely different level. Really, IU players on stage with G Herbo, that was the heart of the event.

Everything else was just sports. The players on stage with G Herbo, that gave the event juice.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣
The cringe level is off the charts.

That your take is awful, and you should just walk it back instead of dying on this weird hill.

Arch, you are way too upset about this. It's just an opinion. The entire reason these threads exist. Learn to discuss and disagree without getting mad.

Arch, you are way too upset about this. It's just an opinion. The entire reason these threads exist. Learn to discuss and disagree without getting mad.
Lmao, it’s just a terrible opinion. Nobody is mad here.

Hopefully next time you can bring something better to discuss because this one was laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT