ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you took all the B1G teams and all the Big 12 teams and ranked them each individually, how many B1G teams would be ranked before whoever the 2nd worst big 12 team?

I'd argue Michigan is one of the best teams in the conference, and I'm not sure they are even better than 2 of the Big 12 teams? They are definitely better than Oklahoma, but after that?
That may be exaggerating a bit lol

If you took all the B1G teams and all the Big 12 teams and ranked them each individually, how many B1G teams would be ranked before whoever the 2nd worst big 12 team?

I'd argue Michigan is one of the best teams in the conference, and I'm not sure they are even better than 2 of the Big 12 teams? They are definitely better than Oklahoma, but after that?

Lol?

Yes? I can't think of any other teams I'd say Michigan is for sure better than.
😂😂😂

Which game were you watching that prompted this ridiculous take?

Kansas, Kansas St, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Iowa St, West Virginia, and Baylor would be the bare minimum.

😂😂😂

Which game were you watching that prompted this ridiculous take?

Kansas, Kansas St, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Iowa St, West Virginia, and Baylor would be the bare minimum.

I could maybe see West Virginia too. Don't think any of those other teams are worse than Michigan. And again, Michigan seems like one of the very best teams in the big ten.

I could maybe see West Virginia too. Don't think any of those other teams are worse than Michigan. And again, Michigan seems like one of the very best teams in the big ten.
When the Big 12 is left out of the playoffs again, what are you going to say then?

This is up there with your Woodson > Underwood takes from last year.

Which big 12 teams is Michigan better than?
Or you can phrase it as which big 12 teams are definitively better than Michigan? Big 12 is solid top to bottom but let’s not get too crazy here. UM is still power rated over EVERY big 12 team in most power ratings. Maybe Texas jumps them after today but that’s it.

When the Big 12 is left out of the playoffs again, what are you going to say then?

This is up there with your Woodson > Underwood takes from last year.

Hard to say but Big 12 being left out of the playoffs would likely strengthen my opinion rather than the other way around. It's a pretty strong conference top to bottom. You don't get to play a bunch of bad teams in that conference like is seemingly filled with this conference. Just off the top of my head.

Woodson also has the preseason conference favorite after taking Indiana to it's first tournament in years. I think his NBA resume speaks for itself. But to be clear, that isn't a take I can definitively claim is correct either. Just an opinion that could end up being wrong.

So you’re not basing your opinion on any numbers?

Basing it on watching the games. Think it's too early to base it on anything else? Are you expecting there to be numbers out there that determines which teams are the best in the nation after the first third of the season?

So you’re not basing your opinion on any numbers?

I apologize if I came off as saying my opinion was a fact. I thought I made it clear it's just an opinion and was asking others what they thought about it. If it came off as me declaring it as a fact, that wasn't my intention. It's for sure just an opinion that could be right or wrong.

Basing it on watching the games. Think it's too early to base it on anything else? Are you expecting there to be numbers out there that determines which teams are the best in the nation after the first third of the season?

If you’re going to make claims like that I’d expect you to have some numbers or results to support it.

Hard to say but Big 12 being left out of the playoffs would likely strengthen my opinion rather than the other way around. It's a pretty strong conference top to bottom. You don't get to play a bunch of bad teams in that conference like is seemingly filled with this conference. Just off the top of my head.

Woodson also has the preseason conference favorite after taking Indiana to it's first tournament in years. I think his NBA resume speaks for itself. But to be clear, that isn't a take I can definitively claim is correct either. Just an opinion that could end up being wrong.
Zero teams in the playoffs means the conference is strong?

Man Big 12 and PAC 12 must be absolute gauntlets😂

If you’re going to make claims like that I’d expect you to have some numbers or results to support it.

The results are the games that have happened so far. Based on early results, it's my belief that Michigan probably isn't better than the vast majority of big 12 teams. Do you have numbers that can change my opinion?

What non conference wins have you believing the Big 12 is so loaded?

The results are the games that have happened so far. Based on early results, it's my belief that Michigan probably isn't better than the vast majority of big 12 teams. Do you have numbers that can change my opinion?
If Michigan played every big 12 team on a neutral field, here are the approximate spreads according to power ratings (not perfect since a team like Kansas is still shaking off last year metrics, but you get the idea). These were before the games played today:

Texas +3
TCU +3.5
Oklahoma +4.5
Oklahoma state +4.5
Baylor +5.5
Kansas state +8.5
West Virginia +11
Iowa state +11.5
Texas tech +12
Kansas +15.5

so Michigan would be favored over literally big 12 team lol

If Michigan played every big 12 team on a neutral field, here are the approximate spreads according to power ratings (not perfect since a team like Kansas is still shaking off last year metrics, but you get the idea). These were before the games played today:

Texas +3
TCU +3.5
Oklahoma +4.5
Oklahoma state +4.5
Baylor +5.5
Kansas state +8.5
West Virginia +11
Iowa state +11.5
Texas tech +12
Kansas +15.5

They’d all beat Michigan. Prove me wrong.

Ferris State would win the Big 12 though. Prove me wrong.

Reactions: otte21

Texas +3
TCU +3.5
Oklahoma +4.5
Oklahoma state +4.5
Baylor +5.5
Kansas state +8.5
West Virginia +11
Iowa state +11.5
Texas tech +12
Kansas +15.5

This is based on what, again?

You’ve watched every Big 12 football game this year?

If you’re going to ignore metrics and go entirely by the eye test at least tell me what games you watched to come to the conclusion.

No of course not. I have watched every Michigan game.

I guess I'm confused, what exactly does that have to do with what we are discussing again?
The conference you are hyping hasn’t won anything of note.

You have no data to support your take. And at this point if teams at the top lose, it’s because of “great depth”

Aka you can’t swayed from an opinion that you have no evidence to support.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT