ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expects 3/4 B1G teams to get in annually. It will diminish some rivalry games but should make many others more exciting and meaningful.
not sure about 3 or 4.....the west is terrible---i don't see any team from there getting in, unless they make the bcg, with one loss---or of course win the game..

OSU and UM for sure....PSU is starting to gain some steam---great recruiting classes. I mean maybe MSU, here and there?

12-team format IMO could become an SEC Invitational. Although the "old blood", LSU, Auburn, Florida's have fallen off.

troll? huh? not at all----i just think your take is stupid. OSU is at a point that the only thing that you'd deem as a successful season, is winning the national title?

OK there, Kentucky.....

since the cfp has been in place, 8 years, OSU has played in 4 of them---only once was OSU a favorite(2020)---lost to Clemson. Not sure how that equates to , "only winning the title", equals success....I get it--OSU is a perrenial Top 5 team....with title expectations every year. But lots of teams fit that bill. Now if you were a Bama or Clemson fan? Yeah, I'd get the argument----evem UGA. But osu? Not really sold. I expect OSU to be in contention every year, sure. But still don't see anyone honstly outside of Bama/Clemson being able to realistically say anything but a title is a success...

In the last 20 years Ohio State is 219-30 under Tressel, Urban and Day and won 12 B10 titles, played in 5 NC games, finished in the top 5, 15 times. Clemaon by comparison has finished in the Top 5, 7 times in the history of their program and id wager that number would be at least cut in half if the played in the B1G. So yes it was a troll.

not sure about 3 or 4.....the west is terrible---i don't see any team from there getting in, unless they make the bcg, with one loss---or of course win the game..

OSU and UM for sure....PSU is starting to gain some steam---great recruiting classes. I mean maybe MSU, here and there?

12-team format IMO could become an SEC Invitational. Although the "old blood", LSU, Auburn, Florida's have fallen off.

If the 12 team was in place in 2014 when the 4 team started the B1G would have the most team make it by 1 over the SEC. Did you also forget they’ve added USC?

If the 12 team was in place in 2014 when the 4 team started the B1G would have the most team make it by 1 over the SEC. Did you also forget they’ve added USC?
I think we would have made a 12 team playoff half a dozen times or so since then.

I know they lost but props to MSU for going on the road to play a P5 team out of conference. Sady, some B1G teams do that very rarely.

Why do you pretend to care about other teams schedules, btw?

Even as a Michigan fan I don’t really care if we are playing UConn or Washington in the preseason/non conference. I know we get Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State every season.

Even as a Michigan fan I don’t really care if we are playing UConn or Washington in the preseason/non conference. I know we get Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State every season.
If that was a barbed troll by him (which is totally within the realm of possibility), I’d hazard a guess it wasn’t about Michigan…

But as you’re referencing, CFB isn’t CBB. There’s not a ton of need to have a good OOC strength of schedule if you’re a power 5 team (and especially a member of the big ten or SEC). Obviously it creates better matchups if power 5 teams are playing each other non-con, but I’d wager most cfb fans are watching each Saturday no matter what the slate looks like.

What a strange response. Why do you think I'm pretending? I hate seeing teams beat up on Little Sisters of the Poor and enjoy exciting games featuring evenly matched teams. Is that really that odd?

Reactions: 1016CC0503
If that was a barbed troll by him (which is totally within the realm of possibility), I’d hazard a guess it wasn’t about Michigan…

But as you’re referencing, CFB isn’t CBB. There’s not a ton of need to have a good OOC strength of schedule if you’re a power 5 team (and especially a member of the big ten or SEC). Obviously it creates better matchups if power 5 teams are playing each other non-con, but I’d wager most cfb fans are watching each Saturday no matter what the slate looks like.
I already acknowledged I get the reason. That doesn't diminish the fact that it's more enjoyable to watch good teams play each other.

Everyone is going to watch their team. It's the people without a rooting interest that generates the higher ratings.

What a strange response. Why do you think I'm pretending? I hate seeing teams beat up on Little Sisters of the Poor and enjoy exciting games featuring evenly matched teams. Is that really that odd?
If Illinois played evenly matched teams all the time and then win, then we would be blamed for beating Little Sisters of the Poor.

If Illinois played evenly matched teams all the time and then win, then we would be blamed for beating Little Sisters of the Poor.
I don't think you have to worry about that any time soon.

I already acknowledged I get the reason. That doesn't diminish the fact that it's more enjoyable to watch good teams play each other.

Everyone is going to watch their team. It's the people without a rooting interest that generates the higher ratings.
You only need a handful (6-8?) marquee games each Saturday to saturate the market in each viewing slot. And it’s very rare when that threshold isn’t hit. Even last Saturday was a pretty weak slate but there was still enough matchups to make captivating viewing.

Obviously in a perfect world there would be monster out of conference matchups for every power 5 team, but once you get into the range of 15-20 massive games, there’s a little bit of an over saturation for viewers. Also, it’s just not operationally feasible because the group of 5 teams have to build out a schedule (I will fully agree with you that teams should not be playing FCS and below teams).

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor

@hailtoyourvictor you should pick one up🤣🤣🤣🤣
I’m getting these vibes

creepy-brian-kelly.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT