ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Dude is a freaking beast, oozes potential and no doubt would be one of the best players of all time if he stuck around more than one year. But 22 points and 9 rebounds doesn't scream to me being one of the best college basketball players of all time. There are a long list of high major players that put up those kind of numbers. Hell, for much of the season, some questioned whether he was the best player on his team.

And at the end of the day, the question is who was hurt more, the team loaded with McDonalds AA's that lost their best player or the other team that lost an All conference senior point guard. I think it's Duke but I don't think it's a massive chasm of difference.

giphy.gif
No luck needed. You, as has everyone, has posted some dumb shit. Hell this time next week---you'll ONCE AGAIN, be screaming for Turgeon's job.

Dude is a freaking beast, oozes potential and no doubt would be one of the best players of all time if he stuck around more than one year. But 22 points and 9 rebounds doesn't scream to me being one of the best college basketball players of all time. There are a long list of high major players that put up those kind of numbers. Hell, for much of the season, some questioned whether he was the best player on his team.

And at the end of the day, the question is who was hurt more, the team loaded with McDonalds AA's that lost their best player or the other team that lost an All conference senior point guard. I think it's Duke but I don't think it's a massive chasm of difference.
Zion is definitely one of the best college basketball players ever. I'm 100% confident in saying that. He's averaging 22 and 9, but he's shooting 69(nice)%!!!!! A 6-7 forward. LMAO.

I mean true.......But, c'mon now.

WTF does any of what you just wrote have to do with Fran not making a Sweet 16? The guy can't win two straight tourney games in 9 years. That is almost beyond pathetic.
in your mind, you just bitch to hear yourself bitch about another teams coach.

Sports reference started tracking PER in 2009, and Zion is having by far the highest rated season since then. He is at 42.0, and the next highest is only 36.9. For reference, Anthony Davis had the 8th best season at a rating of 35.1.

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie's latest mock draft has a few Big Ten players:

8. Washington Wizards — Romeo Langford, Indiana
Langford had an inconsistent year, but his stock largely held steady if only because no one else stepped up around him. He’s still a 6-6 freshman with terrific touch around the basket, a 6-11 wingspan, and an awful lot of skill with ball in hand. He averaged 16.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists while playing strong defense for the Hoosiers. Then again, he also shot 27 percent from 3, and doesn’t have a ton of burst. Langford will likely be a bit lower on my final board than this spot, but NBA teams are largely still believers because he plays a position of need. For the Wizards, getting another wing after dealing away Otto Porter this past spring is essential.

22. Portland Trail Blazers — Bruno Fernando, Maryland
Fernando is a hard worker with a lot of passing skill who can finish above the rim and protect the basket at a reasonable level. A lot of executives have him higher than this, but the way the board currently falls, there just isn’t a ton of room for big men. He runs the floor well and would be a nice dump-off option for guards like Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum. The Blazers use their bigs in a lot of dribble hand-off actions on the perimeter, which works perfectly for Fernando. Additionally, the way they cover pick-and-rolls fits perfectly for the Angolan center, as he won’t be asked to switch out onto the perimeter, and instead will just be asked to use his length in the paint.

35. Atlanta Hawks — Jordan Poole, Michigan
So far in the Schlenk era, the Hawks have really valued getting floor spacing. Poole is a terrific shooter who can create as a secondary ball-handler out of pick-and-roll. He also has an innate understanding of spacing from having worked in Michigan’s scheme. Defense is a real worry with Poole, but he has the look of an interesting back-up scorer once he irons out his consistency.

44. Minnesota Timberwolves (from MIA) — Carsen Edwards, Purdue
Edwards is a tremendous athlete, with the ability to run around all game, blow by defenders, and finish above the rim. At times, he gets a little selfish though, and he’s not really a natural playmaker. Still, he might find a way to make it as a scoring point guard.

50. Utah Jazz — Charles Matthews, Michigan
Matthews is a tremendous athlete and defender. The Jazz have had great success with wings of this archetype, wringing value out of them offensively typically by teaching them how to shoot. Matthews needs a lot of work there, but he’s worth a flyer because if he develops it, he will certainly be an NBA player.

53. Los Angeles Clippers (from POR) — Isaiah Roby, Nebraska
Roby is another interesting flyer to take in Round Two in large part because of his athleticism. The Nebraska forward is a tremendous athlete who has some skill with ball in hand and potential to shoot it. Defensively, he uses his length well to make an impact. There’s just a level of polish missing from his game right now that holds back his consistency. If the Clippers can figure that part of it out, he’ll have a chance to make the NBA.

54. New York Knicks (from HOU) — James Palmer, Nebraska
A terrific athlete at 6-6 with a 7-foot wingspan, Palmer would be a wing for someone to take a chance on developmentally. He can attack the basket and get downhill, but he needs to improve his jump shot. Still, there’s room for growth here at a position of need around the NBA.
I wonder if Carsen stays if he's a second round pick.

Sports reference started tracking PER in 2009, and Zion is having by far the highest rated season since then. He is at 42.0, and the next highest is only 36.9. For reference, Anthony Davis had the 8th best season at a rating of 35.1.
So that’s good ....right?

How’s that stack up against Garza? AFAF

NC State played the worst non-conference schedule by a long shot. I thought I read they had like 7 games against teams rated 275 it worse. No one to blame but themselves there.

St. John’s was like 20 spots better still not good.

I appreciate that...I’ve been diagnosed with ISS - Iowa Stats Syndrome. Not really sure what’s real and what’s completely made up bullshit.
like which stats that you call made up BS, please explain and show examples.

NW has now had 3 players announce they’re transferring since the season ended. Barret Benson, Jordan Ash, and Aaron Falzon.
A guy on their board was talking shit about Underwood's transfers last season. They're returning 6 scholarship players. The irony is great.

ADVERTISEMENT