ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Defense was a complete abomination in the second half. Haarms was awful. Carsen tried to do too much at times but I can't really blame the guy. Refs sucked, missed two critical calls that cost us 5 points. We are going to lose several games here in the next couple weeks. Schedule is brutal.

@Florida State, @Michigan, Maryland, @Texas, Notre Dame (neutral). All in a row...Shew!

Brutal early schedule, but it makes it exciting. Love those early conference games

Reactions: otte21 and SNU0821
Arkansas won't be an NCAAT team. They are bad. Gaffard had an elite night. Other than that, Arky was quite "meh". Tough to win there. And that's the frustrating part. Because we should have.

Gafford is going to have a lot of nights like that, that's why he's a projected top 15 pick lol.

Arkansas does have some depth issues but Anderson has finished higher than projected every single year at Arkansas so I don't think they'll be as bad as some assume. They typically shoot better than that from deep at home...they only shot 26% from three. Should do much better than that in a lot of games. Plus there were several missed layups on both sides. Both teams had room for improvement IMO.

That was only the 3rd D-1 college game for about 9 Arkansas players so I expect them to get better as the season goes on. Should be 3-0 right now with wins over Texas and Indiana if we could hit free throws.

@Florida State, @Michigan, Maryland, @Texas, Notre Dame (neutral). All in a row...Shew!

Brutal early schedule, but it makes it exciting. Love those early conference games
i see 3-2 at best, 2-3 likely. but at florida state, at michigan are guaranteed Ls so it could snowball.

I'd probably go

Michigan
Michigan St.
Nebraska
Indiana
Purdue

giphy.gif

Iowa has to be up there.

No. Iowa's zone will get exposed in the Big 10. And against better teams. Oregon and Uconn aren't that good. Oregon cannot shoot. There were plenty of holes in Iowa's zone. A ton. Just wasn't exploited. Teams like Michigan, MSU, Purdue and IU will destroy that defense. Iowa's defense isn't that much better. They basically camo it by slowing the pace down..Laughing

?? Iowa hasn't slowed the pace down at all. They put up 91 points against Uconn.

I don't agree with them at #1 (probably around 4-6 for now even though they have the best wins), just disagree with your statement.

Last edited:
The Purdue/Virginia Tech provided a lot of high-quality entertainment last night. I would be surprised if Carsen Edwards isn't 1st Team All-American. He could potentially have a Kemba Walker type season - put the team on his back.... Nickeil Alexander-Walker is much, much improved. He looks like a 1st Round Draft pick and potential All-American. Great game to watch as a neutral observer.

?? Iowa hasn't slowed the pace down at all. They put up 91 points against Uconn.

I don't agree with them at #1 (probably around 4-6 for now even though they have the best wins), just disagree with your statement.
How many points you score doesn't always dictate the pace a game is played at. Just saying.

How many points you score doesn't always dictate the pace a game is played at. Just saying.

Iowa was pushing the ball as quickly as ever, still running the same pace. The difference is they showed improvement in their interior defense, and then have some new faces at guard. Connor McCaffery and Joe Wieskamp are both an improvement on defense.. Jordan Bohannon is still a liability there, however.

Someone just told me Keion Brooks could commit to Indiana as early as tomorrow. Is this true?

Someone just told me Keion Brooks could commit to Indiana as early as tomorrow. Is this true?

Been told IU is in as good as a position as they ever have been with Brooks but nothing about a decision date yet. Now an IU/UK battle with UNC still there.

Reactions: SNU0821
Apparently, the snow update today said UNC got no traction with their official visit and theyre kind of out of it now with Brooks.

Looks like its down to UK/IU/Purdue

If I wanted to troll I could say that hopefully Brooks will teach Archie how to use his timeouts but since I don't feel like trolling I'm not going to say it.
But, well, you did. So,..well, you did(troll).:D
As for the Miller timeout? Meh-- not a good call. But things happen. Doesn't change who he is as a coach; A damn good one.

Apparently, the snow update today said UNC got no traction with their official visit and theyre kind of out of it now with Brooks.

Looks like its down to UK/IU/Purdue

No it doesn't. Purdue isn't an option. IU/UK with UNC hanging around

Not that Lunardi knows anything, but he just tweeted out his current bracket and there are 9 B1G teams in.

Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio State, Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa

Not that Lunardi knows anything, but he just tweeted out his current bracket and there are 9 B1G teams in.

Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio State, Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa

I noticed Iowa is listed last. Bottom of the barrel as usual.

Yeah. Either use it to make sure your team takes the final shot of regulation or use it after the free throw. Either one would be better than where he used it.
Agree. Just a bad time for a timeout. I was shocked TBH. Game was over once he called the TO. TBH, I'd love to know why he did.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Rutgers just set a NCAA record for fewest points allowed in any half with 4

I didn’t think we sucked. Thought we were raw, but not crap. I think St. John’s might be really good. Ponds (BE preseason POY) and Herron ( last seasons SEC POY) isn’t a bad way to start a team. Herron is one of the 15 best players in CBB player this year. SJU is the 2nd best team in the Big East I think.

Glad we appear to have bounced back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT