ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Morton's entire stats for the tournament as a senior is 6 minutes, 3 assists and 3 fouls.
Yes because he is on a good team. He 1000% could be putting up better stats on a worse bball team

Might be another 5 decades before going back. Might as well go now.
cf682271-86b1-43ae-86f6-ade2b5608792_text.gif

Just not a well timed comment.
What? It’s the exact point of my comment lol even when Morton was playing he wasn’t asked to do anything offensively. Cupps wouldn’t be sniffing the floor on this Purdue team either. Granted, he’s a freshman.

What? It’s the exact point of my comment lol even when Morton was playing he wasn’t asked to do anything offensively. Cupps wouldn’t be sniffing the floor on this Purdue team either. Granted, he’s a freshman.
You're making a mythical argument about a freshman compared to a senior who hasn't seen a single meaningful minute during the tournament. It's almost as weird as Cupp>Smith. Almost.

Painter has said multiple times that he feels bad and that he wishes he could play guys more minutes because they’re good enough. Guys like Furst, Morton, and Gillis have all started a lot of games and have seen their roles reduced this year.
Gillis I understand, although he's playing a lot of minutes in the tournament. Morton and Furst are almost unplayable due to lack of offensive skill and just confidence in general, respectively

Reactions: Sparty_57
You're making a mythical argument about a freshman compared to a senior who hasn't seen a single meaningful minute during the tournament. It's almost as weird as Cupp>Smith. Almost.
No I just think Cupps profiles very similarly to Morton, that’s what I was making fun of. Lauded for his defense and being a program guy and pleasantly surprised when he produces anything offensively. He can obviously improve but he didn’t show anything in a lot of playing time that makes you think he’s going to be a game changer down the road. That was all.

Reactions: boiler1987
No I just think Cupps profiles very similarly to Morton, that’s what I was making fun of. Lauded for his defense and being a program guy and pleasantly surprised when he produces anything offensively. He can obviously improve but he didn’t show anything in a lot of playing time that makes you think he’s going to be a game changer down the road. That was all.
I was confused where the comparison to Morton came from. Know there's been Galloway and Morton from the time they committed but never seen a freshman cupps compared to a senior Morton. It's odd is all. Morton is 6'7 3/4 and cupps a 6'2 1/2 I don't really see many comparisons. Morton doesn't even register on Kenpoms lineups.

I was confused where the comparison to Morton came from. Know there's been Galloway and Morton from the time they committed but never seen a freshman cupps compared to a senior Morton. It's odd is all. Morton is 6'7 3/4 and cupps a 6'2 1/2 I don't really see many comparisons. Morton doesn't even register on Kenpoms lineups.
Morton was more of a combo guard coming into Purdue before he transformed into a defensive wing primarily. I remember him having to be the primary ball handler his freshman year against Clemson when he had just returned from mono because IT or someone from Purdue was out.

I was just making the comment because I’ve seen so many IU guys shit on Morton since Archie wanted him and then turn around and expect Cupps to be part of the solution going forward. I just found it funny. It was more of a joke towards guys like @Courtsensetwo since he puts Cupps on a pedestal already. Didn’t mean for this to turn into a full blown conversation lol

Morton was more of a combo guard coming into Purdue before he transformed into a defensive wing primarily. I remember him having to be the primary ball handler his freshman year against Clemson when he had just returned from mono because IT or someone from Purdue was out.

I was just making the comment because I’ve seen so many IU guys shit on Morton since Archie wanted him and then turn around and expect Cupps to be part of the solution going forward. I just found it funny. It was more of a joke towards guys like @Courtsensetwo since he puts Cupps on a pedestal already. Didn’t mean for this to turn into a full blown conversation lol
So it was a stupid comment. You could have said that from the get go.

Why was Edey complaining about being an NIL poor?

He chose to play at Purdue instead of going to Europe or China last off-season.

Who's buying his Pokemon trading card?

The guy is making over a million lol. He cleaned up when we played Bama in Toronto. But he could’ve made so much more and he has a point.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11

I missed that, where/when did he say that?

Edit - found them. It has nothing to do with which school he attended and all to do with the law re: NIL and non-US citizens. I tend to agree with him, these kids should be making their fair share whether they are from the US or not.

Last edited:
First half stats you might have missed.

1. Purdue 2 for 3 on getting flop calls.

2. One uncalled Edey elbow to the head of the opponent.

3. One uncalled Purdue 4-5 secs in the lane that resulted in an easy bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT