ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so bad for Hummel. He deserved to be in this moment. Getting hurt twice to prevent that from happening is brutal.
No doubt. I know there’s no way you could ever know but I just feel like that team was F4/NC bound if he hadn’t gotten hurt at Minny. That team was firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Is DGL staying? I think most Purdue fans would be shocked if he stays lol.
I figured he'd last 2 seasons there. He'll be given an opportunity to succeed there next year and if it doesn't go well, he will bolt. If he does and he's smart, he'll go further away from his batshit mother. Dude has had to put out social media fires that she started multiple times this year.

Disney on ice for me in regards to Saturday 🤪 I did buy 11am tickets for Disney on ice though & selling the original 3pm ones so I don’t cut it close for game time but no Phoenix for me on Saturday as well. Hopefully flying out for Monday though if we win. Kids, man.
🤣🤣🤣😛😝😜

nice-little.gif

Least shocking portal entry that we will have.
I mean yes but at least he didn’t quit on the team… I guess I think there’s one that’ll be less shocking to me. Edit- probably toss up between the two bc you’re right Dain was probably gone last year if it wasn’t for uncertainty around 2x transfer waivers
Forgot he was even on the team still. Assume he was injured this year to not play?
“Redshirt”, didn’t like his role in the exhibition game against Kansas and the portal was closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwardelt
This is not particularly interesting or important... probably not even message board worthy, but I've noticed Zed Key's name sounds an awful lot like Zach Edey? Say it real fast 3 times and you'll hear it. I can't escape the similarities of their names for some reason.

This is not particularly interesting or important... probably not even message board worthy, but I've noticed Zed Key's name sounds an awful lot like Zach Edey? Say it real fast 3 times and you'll hear it. I can't escape the similarities of their names for some reason.
I can't unhear it now.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
With the portal and programs with money to spend, transfers and mass transfers are less to worry about. @IUfanBorden
Nice to get MR and MM back. A surprise with Mgbako, more than Reneau. Still need guards....and a big. We shall see.

Oh, and a coach.

Nice to get MR and MM back. A surprise with Mgbako, more than Reneau. Still need guards....and a big. We shall see.

Oh, and a coach.
Still feel like you guys lack shooting. If that doesn’t change I think it’ll be more of the same next year shooting-wise but worse overall with Ware being gone.

Still feel like you guys lack shooting. If that doesn’t change I think it’ll be more of the same next year shooting-wise but worse overall with Ware being gone.
SHooting is not priority in Bloomington. According to our coach, "IU shoots enough"---Nevermind IU was like 350th nationally in 3PA. I don't care who we get, its not gonna matter. He's gonna run the same old bullshit, NBA pick-n-roll, 1983 shit.

Miller Kopp shot 46% from three....But only got 4.2 attempts per game. Criminal. Even once Mgbako starting knocking down three's, Woodson rarely ran anything for him. MOF, Woodson's offense isn't designed to get perimeter shots. Hell he even said its not his job to do so....His offense depends on guys being able to make plays off the bounce...Great approach , sure...Unless your guards happen to be Anthony Leal, Galloway, CJ Gunn, Gabe Cupps. Then its a fukin disaster.

So unless Woodson totally overhauls his offensive whatever you call it shit, it aint gonna matter who IU gets.

Even he can get them to win 7 games.
Not so sure....If we don't land some solid guards, a big---possibly a back -up big, will be no better than last year.

FTR, my statement of "Crean like" was said with the idea of IU losing Ware, and one of MM or MR--or both. Having MM and MR back really helps. Hopefully Newton can give some decent minutes. Tucker will help, but his big knock is shooting.

Bottom line---If Mike doesn't start to utilize the 3 point shot, get shooters,then actually USE them, itll be the same song and dance.

EDIT---IF Galo and Cupps are IU's starting guards, we will be in big time trouble.

Not so sure....If we don't land some solid guards, a big---possibly a back -up big, will be no better than last year.

FTR, my statement of "Crean like" was said with the idea of IU losing Ware, and one of MM or MR--or both. Having MM and MR back really helps. Hopefully Newton can give some decent minutes. Tucker will help, but his big knock is shooting.

Bottom line---If Mike doesn't start to utilize the 3 point shot, get shooters,then actually USE them, itll be the same song and dance.

EDIT---IF Galo and Cupps are IU's starting guards, we will be in big time trouble.
I do agree. I'm just not a doom and gloom guy, that's all I'm poking at you for. Said way back, still need a guard transfer, a big, and 2 3/4 guys. Newton I've gotten more excited over.

IMO the biggest gap right now is at 5. MR just is not agressive enough and he is foul prone...reachs way too much. He will be on the bench with 2 in H1 more than not.

I am not as concerned about the back court once Newton is back. Cupps can be a stopper.

IMO the biggest gap right now is at 5. MR just is not agressive enough and he is foul prone...reachs way too much. He will be on the bench with 2 in H1 more than not.

I am not as concerned about the back court once Newton is back. Cupps can be a stopper.
Please explain if you can. I'm having a little trouble understanding this.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Please explain if you can. I'm having a little trouble understanding this.
He's putting stock in Newton and Galloways play the 2nd half of the season, he also loves him some Cupps. A backup 5 is the more important need at this point, but imo an experienced guard who can shoot will kill two birds. 2nd year Mgbako and Tucker I think will give us a different gear than we had last year. But still need another athlete in back court and depth in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT