ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-3538.jpg

Pretty cool that Zach ran over and gave Paint a long hug. When the jackass entitled portion of our fanbase gets down on Painter, I get defensive because there is not one of us that desperately wanted to reach the Final Four more than Matt Painter and he's endured so much heartache as a player and coach. And Zach being overlooked by everyone except Painter (and Scott Drew) has fueled a kindred spirit between coach and player that is crazy strong.

I also thought it was cool that Barnes was extremely patient and let them have their moment so he could congratulate Paint. I don't like Tennessee's brand of defense (yep, we used to be that way under Keady and even early Painter) nor their redneck uneducated fanbase (@della excluded), but I've always thought Barnes was one of the classier coaches in the game.

Pretty cool that Zach ran over and gave Paint a long hug. When the jackass entitled portion of our fanbase gets down on Painter, I get defensive because there is not one of us that desperately wanted to reach the Final Four more than Matt Painter and he's endured so much heartache as a player and coach. And Zach being overlooked by everyone except Painter (and Scott Drew) has fueled a kindred spirit between coach and player that is crazy strong.

I also thought it was cool that Barnes was extremely patient and let them have their moment so he could congratulate Paint. I don't like Tennessee's brand of defense (yep, we used to be that way under Keady and even early Painter) nor their redneck uneducated fanbase (@della excluded), but I've always thought Barnes was one of the classier coaches in the game.
Is there really any difference between jackass entitled fans and redneck fans? I think not. We all have uncultured undesirable fans supporting our teams. The larger the fan base the more you have. Defense is suppose to harass the opposing offense and hurt their performance. There were no flagrant fouls and generally all of the fouls were going after the ball or trying to block a shot.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Months ago, when I saw that two of my best friends were getting married on April 6th, I just fúcking knew the one year I have an unavoidable conflict would be the year we'd make the final four. I have flights for Monday/Tuesday though.

Regardless, what a fun run. Feels good.
Dude that’s BRUTAL! I have a work thing I can’t miss that goes from Saturday to Tuesday lol. But I’ll be watching!

@otte21 @VulvHa @B-Westy @boilerzz @Boilermaker03 @pig1960 @CardinalBoiler any of you going to PHX? Wouldn’t be surprised if we have the highest turnout of the 4 teams.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Reactions: Sparty_57
Is there really any difference between jackass entitled fans and redneck fans? I think not. We all have uncultured undesirable fans supporting our teams. The larger the fan base the more you have. Defense is suppose to harass the opposing offense and hurt their performance. There were no flagrant fouls and generally all of the fouls were going after the ball or trying to block a shot.
Oh, I think every fanbase has fans who suck. I'm just better at ignoring ours.

I hate to say it but I'm a fan of ACC basketball more than SEC, Big 12 and Big Ten. Basketball is meant to be fluid and freedom of movement allows that. Candidly, I think its one reason ACC teams have on average fared better in the dance than teams from other conferences.

I was happy when the cylinder rule was enforced a couple of years ago but that's gone for some reason. I do like the verticality rule on drives to the basket and hope it stays. If a defender jumps vertically and an offensive player initiates all the contact, they shouldn't be bailed out with a foul call.

Months ago, when I saw that two of my best friends were getting married on April 6th, I just fúcking knew the one year I have an unavoidable conflict would be the year we'd make the final four. I have flights for Monday/Tuesday though.

Friends come and go. :cool:

focus-on-whats-important-franky-doyle.gif

This one surprises me. I assume it's not April Fools? I guess his usage was very erratic this season.

Oh. Congrats Purdue fans. I’m jelly.
You guys had a really good tournament. Unfortunately ran into a juggernaut. Any other region you’re F4 most likely. But you got past the first weekend monkey off your back which helps.

Reactions: cmore79
The transfer portal is insane. I could post these all damn day.

Dude that’s BRUTAL! I have a work thing I can’t miss that goes from Saturday to Tuesday lol. But I’ll be watching!

@otte21 @VulvHa @B-Westy @boilerzz @Boilermaker03 @pig1960 @CardinalBoiler any of you going to PHX? Wouldn’t be surprised if we have the highest turnout of the 4 teams.
Disney on ice for me in regards to Saturday 🤪 I did buy 11am tickets for Disney on ice though & selling the original 3pm ones so I don’t cut it close for game time but no Phoenix for me on Saturday as well. Hopefully flying out for Monday though if we win. Kids, man.

Probably not but haven't decided. After going to the Duke Butler final in Indy, I swore to myself I wouldn't go to another Final Four game unless I was willing to pony up big bucks for stupid great seats (basketball in a football stadium sucks). We've actually debated flying out there and watching at a house or bar and going out if we win. I'd say that's more likely.

Reactions: boiler1987
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT