More than that but math clearly isn’t your thing
IU stadium capacity: 17,222

PU stadium capacity: 14,804

Soooooooo, roughly 2,500 difference.

But here's you trying to figure this out

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Rumors that Cliff got stiffed on his NIL payments and he let the new recruits know about it on his way out.

Cliff's represented by the same group involved w/ SJU's NIL collective. He will wind up with Pitino there. He gave us four years and it was an amicable parting with Rutgers. Cliff is on a student visa so NIL is tricky. We did an overseas trip as that is the only way to "NIL" kids on student visas. St. Johns has already set up an overseas trip for next year.

We have eight on 'ship. I am pretty confident we get a solid replacement out of the portal for Cliff at the "5" and have a chance to be good next year.

https://www.nilnetwork.com/nil-company-directory-athletes/octagon/

Last edited:
Riiiiiiiiight, Brother we aint talking about some 8th man. We aint talking about a kid being mad over not playing. Nor are we talking in terms of, "No NIL". This was about lost revenue. That changes the landscape. And that changes the legal context here.

He was 1st team All-Big 10-----you gonna tell a judge, "sorry your honor--I tried to follow your instructions---but we just couldn't find minutes for an All-conference, likely 1st round NBA pick"

Jfc...
It's the coaches discretion to play who he wants. Full stop. Nobody is entitled to minutes, and if he wanted to he could sit him. I'm not saying he would, or should, just that he could and there's no law in the land that would find fault with that in the era of transfers with immediate eligibility.

It's the coaches discretion to play who he wants. Full stop. Nobody is entitled to minutes, and if he wanted to he could sit him. I'm not saying he would, or should, just that he could and there's no law in the land that would find fault with that in the era of transfers with immediate eligibility.
No....The suit specifically pointed to him NOT playing.

This isn't hard. But sure are making it hard. Suit specifically pointed this out(playing). Not SITTING. Sure Underwood could have sat him, with warranted reasoning.

Exactly what would that have been?

No....The suit specifically pointed to him NOT playing.

This isn't hard. But sure are making it hard. Suit specifically pointed this out(playing). Not SITTING. Sure Underwood could have sat him, with warranted reasoning.

Exactly what would that have been?
Again, you're failing to understand what the lawsuit was targeting - a school policy that prohibited the player from even being eligible to play. Has nothing to do with coaches choosing who to play.

If you think a coach will be required to play a player that breaks a team rule, you're mistaken. And I doubt any lawyer would take a case trying to sue a coach for not playing someone (or not playing them enough). Lots of coaches have already done this in the past.

And there is sometimes a big difference between paid attendance and actual attendance.
I was referencing actual; dipstick. TAH was almost full even at the end of a painful season. Perhaps two or three other programs would see this happen.

Last edited:
IU stadium capacity: 17,222

PU stadium capacity: 14,804

Soooooooo, roughly 2,500 difference.

But here's you trying to figure this out

giphy.gif
I was using the figure 14,123 for the Tin hog barn, and I thought you lost a few when they put the chairs down low. Are you counting the non-paid media etc? Point still stands there was one game late that would have been at about 2500 empties (mostly students)

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Again, you're failing to understand what the lawsuit was targeting - a school policy that prohibited the player from even being eligible to play. Has nothing to do with coaches choosing who to play.

If you think a coach will be required to play a player that breaks a team rule, you're mistaken. And I doubt any lawyer would take a case trying to sue a coach for not playing someone (or not playing them enough). Lots of coaches have already done this in the past.
I will spell this out for you.

Say my company suspends me. I take them.coirt, citing lost wages, most importantly, health benefits. Court orders them to lift the suspension, and allow me to work. They do so, BUT...bring me back at a lower wage, and cut my benefits. Now, look..they have honored the courts ruling..Brought me back to work. But did so at a lower wage. That is breaking the spirit of the courts ruling.

Once that judge lifted the suspension, Underwood's hands were tied. If he sits him? Right back to court.

It's not a hard concept, here bro.

Say my company suspends me. I take them.coirt, citing lost wages, most importantly, health benefits. Court orders them to lift the suspension, and allow me to work. They do so, BUT...bring me back at a lower wage, and cut my benefits. Now, look..they have honored the courts ruling..Brought me back to work. But did so at a lower wage. That is breaking the spirit of the courts ruling.

Once that judge lifted the suspension, Underwood's hands were tied. If he sits him? Right back to court.

You are correct here Bordo.

Here is the summary from the Judge.

“Plaintiff’s participation in sports is vital to the development of his career as well as his current and future economic opportunities considering plaintiff’s intention to declare for the 2024 NBA Draft,” Lawless wrote in the order issued Friday. “Prior to his suspension, plaintiff was projected to be a lottery pick in the NBA. His participation in future games impact his prospects in the draft and his earning potential.”

Ill sitting him on the bench would greatly impact the protections the Judge set out. They would have been right back in court.

The dude "allegedly" grabbed a girl that he summoned over in some bar and grabbed her ass and stuck his hand up her skirt and fingered her. They were not in some quiet booth but by the door. My guess is this all gets dropped or plead down to a jaywalking charge, but I hope the girl gets a bag in civil court.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
You are correct here Bordo.

Here is the summary from the Judge.

“Plaintiff’s participation in sports is vital to the development of his career as well as his current and future economic opportunities considering plaintiff’s intention to declare for the 2024 NBA Draft,” Lawless wrote in the order issued Friday. “Prior to his suspension, plaintiff was projected to be a lottery pick in the NBA. His participation in future games impact his prospects in the draft and his earning potential.”

Ill sitting him on the bench would greatly impact the protections the Judge set out. They would have been right back in court.

The dude "allegedly" grabbed a girl that he summoned over in some bar and grabbed her ass and stuck his hand up her skirt and fingered her. They were not in some quiet booth but by the door. My guess is this all gets dropped or plead down to a jaywalking charge, but I hope the girl gets a bag in civil court.
It's not difficult to understand.

I think it all comes down to the judge’s ruling. Bringing up earning potential/lottery status as a reason to let him keep playing when they’ve been charged with a crime like that is wild. What do you think would’ve happened if, instead of TSJ, it was the 9th man in the rotation at Illinois? Same thing or no since the earning potential/lottery status wouldn’t be a legitimate factor?

I think it all comes down to the judge’s ruling. Bringing up earning potential/lottery status as a reason to let him keep playing when they’ve been charged with a crime like that is wild. What do you think would’ve happened if, instead of TSJ, it was the 9th man in the rotation at Illinois? Same thing or no since the earning potential/lottery status wouldn’t be a legitimate factor?
Irrelevant. TJS filed suit. Not Illinois. Hell, they suspended him. But to answer your question, circumstances are different here. 8th or 9rh man doesn't have the same argument, to that degree. Now say 8th or 9t man has an NIL deal that stipulates he be on the team? I think we get the same ruling.

Are you insinuating that this was all a farce? That Illinois suspended TJS, then helped him file an appeal? Just to "look good"?

Sure....Heaing MR still entering the draft? Felt he was gone---glad he is not.

Right now we have

Galo, Leal and Reneau. Look this team was bad, bro. If Woody doesn't hit multiple HR's in the portal---it could even worse. And FTR, I said it could be Crean like. And it still could end up that way. We'll see how this pans out.

Sky is fine----basketball program not so much.
They weren't as bad as you want to make them out to be. They still won 19 games and finished 6th in the league. Now you want to complain about Woodsons roster makeup im fine with. Galloway took a good part of the year learning the 1, I feel like he made some great strides in that regard. Again I don't think Woodson is the guy but I'm not going to down everything just to prove that point. Will have to see who he can get from the portal, he's shown the ability to get guys.

They weren't as bad as you want to make them out to be. They still won 19 games and finished 6th in the league. Now you want to complain about Woodsons roster makeup im fine with. Galloway took a good part of the year learning the 1, I feel like he made some great strides in that regard. Again I don't think Woodson is the guy but I'm not going to down everything just to prove that point. Will have to see who he can get from the portal, he's shown the ability to get guys.
IU beat ONE team in the B10 above .500; Wisconsin.

Of the 19 games IU WON, THREE were against NCAAT teams: Wisconsin, MSU and Morehead State.

Swept by PSU. BOTH double digit losses. Lost to NB by combined 58 points in 3 games. Lost to PU twice by 20+.

Lost to AU and UCONN by 28 and 20.

Yeah, you're right...Not as bad as I thought.

IU beat ONE team in the B10 above .500; Wisconsin.

Of the 19 games IU WON, THREE were against NCAAT teams: Wisconsin, MSU and Morehead State.

Swept by PSU. BOTH double digit losses. Lost to NB by combined 58 points in 3 games. Lost to PU twice by 20+.

Lost to AU and UCONN by 28 and 20.

Yeah, you're right...Not as bad as I thought.
Calm down.

Calm down.
He struggles with the simple fact that things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

He (and a lot of IU fans) kept disagreeing with me before the season that the roster was too light on guards and shooting and too heavy on front court players. It's pretty wild how obvious that was lol. There's a thread from the off-season where I think people were saying that they'd be disappointed with a 7 seed.

Now the sky is absolutely falling.

It's weird defending IU. I think they have to make some really good moves to find their way into the 4/5 seed range, but Galloway, Reneau, and Mbagko could be a very nice core - as long as you can ensure that Gallo isn't relied upon to be THE guy in that backcourt.

I really want the B1G to do well in the tourney after the last couple years but I just cannot root for Northwestern. The combo of Collins and how they just drag games into the mud is brutal.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I really want the B1G to do well in the tourney after the last couple years but I just cannot root for Northwestern. The combo of Collins and how they just drag games into the mud is brutal.
Especially after his sob session after we beat them in Mackey.

This is paid attendance, not actual attendance so it's clearly inflated for some teams (cough..cough, some teams pretty clearly had sparse attendance for buy games early in the season).

GIjg33bW8AAyfN_
IU at 98% due to holiday games where 8,000 student tickts were for sale, 4,000 of them in the balcony.

This is typical attendance year in and year out for forty+ years. There is still a waiting list for season tickets.

Now this is through some awful years...as opposed to an outlier great attendance year because the team is super good at the moment.

Only in Btown baby.

IU at 98% due to holiday games where 8,000 student tickts were for sale, 4,000 of them in the balcony.

This is typical attendance year in and year out for forty+ years. There is still a waiting list for season tickets.

Now this is through some awful years...as opposed to an outlier great attendance year because the team is super good at the moment.

Only in Btown baby.
I guess you missed the three teams above "Btown".

I'd rather have Northwestern being good than bad.

I just think this brand of basketball is so brutal to watch. Just absolutely drag games into the mud and play as physical as possible.

I like and respect Buie and have nothing against NU. Just can't stand to watch these types of games with them, and think Collins is a clown.

READ THE CASE FILE AND RULING.

Why continue opining on something ignorantly when you can understand the actual lawsuit that was filed and the ruling?

We agree on that, plus Collins is a good guy. The rest of the BIG fans stood and applauded when he went off on the BS officiating. I wish Woodson had the "give a ****s" to do that.

READ THE CASE FILE AND RULING.

Why continue opining on something ignorantly when you can understand the actual lawsuit that was filed and the ruling?
A couple of us have already tried to explain it to both of those zeros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT