ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
8k24ax.jpg

You said 80% gone. You also said next year will be worse than Creans first. Woodson isn't the guy but maybe don't act like the sky is falling is all I'm trying to say.
Sure....Heaing MR still entering the draft? Felt he was gone---glad he is not.

Right now we have

Galo, Leal and Reneau. Look this team was bad, bro. If Woody doesn't hit multiple HR's in the portal---it could even worse. And FTR, I said it could be Crean like. And it still could end up that way. We'll see how this pans out.

Sky is fine----basketball program not so much.

Sure....Heaing MR still entering the draft? Felt he was gone---glad he is not.

Right now we have

Galo, Leal and Reneau. Look this team was bad, bro. If Woody doesn't hit multiple HR's in the portal---it could even worse. And FTR, I said it could be Crean like. And it still could end up that way. We'll see how this pans out.

Sky is fine----basketball program not so much.
You forgot Newton let alone Cupps. Newton and Cupps will both be very good for different reasons.

You forgot Newton let alone Cupps. Newton and Cupps will both be very good for different reasons.
Niether has said they are returning. I guess its safe to assume.

I like Newton A LOT. Always have. BUT---kid hasn't played in over a year; wll be two next year. Cupps is decent. He's not a B10 starting PG. Not right now.

If IU is starting Galo/Cupps in the b/c next year---It will be a long, long, long season

We do have a five man frosh class coming in that includes the #2 and #3 players in the country. So we have 3 or 4 open 'ships. Word is hitting the portal hard for a "5" and a wing. This year sucked but I think we could be pretty good next year.

Good luck to all the B1G team in the NCAAT.
Rumors that Cliff got stiffed on his NIL payments and he let the new recruits know about it on his way out.

Maybe before NIL. But when a judge says him not playing is costing him $$$----I mean......Illinois . by not playing him, could have set themelves for a HUGE lawsuit. I mean the school was court ordered to play him. They made the decision to suspend him----ANd he took them to court.

Not sure hos this falls into Illinois choosing anything other than to suspend him....but then decided it was best to abide by a courts order.
Lol coaches decide which players get minutes, not an NIL collective. Very strange take, and no, players can't sue a coach for not playing them the # of minutes they want - no lawyer would take that case without a massive retainer.

In the US it is innocent until proven guilty, so I don't have an issue with him playing, but if he is convicted that will undoubtedly taint Illinois' season.

Lol coaches decide which players get minutes, not an NIL collective. Very strange take, and no, players can't sue a coach for not playing them the # of minutes they want - no lawyer would take that case without a massive retainer.

In the US it is innocent until proven guilty, so I don't have an issue with him playing, but if he is convicted that will undoubtedly taint Illinois' season.
What is strange about it?

TJS sued that him not PLAYING----PLAYIN. Not being on the team, was hurting his ability to make $$$. The court agreed.

What you think would have happened if Illinois reinstated him, then didn't play him? The entire suit was over him PLAYING.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Niether has said they are returning. I guess its safe to assume.

I like Newton A LOT. Always have. BUT---kid hasn't played in over a year; wll be two next year. Cupps is decent. He's not a B10 starting PG. Not right now.

If IU is starting Galo/Cupps in the b/c next year---It will be a long, long, long season
I think you will like what you see next season from Gabe is a high IQ leader and already a good defender. Shot needs to be completely reconstructed and he needs 15 lbs of muscle

I think you will like what you see next season from Gabe is a high IQ leader and already a good defender. Shot needs to be completely reconstructed and he needs 15 lbs of muscle
I think he'l make an impact as a junior. Hes decent. I worked his game in HS(@ New ALbany). Hes a bettr athlete than what is felt---but even then, hes average.

If Gabe Cupps and Galo are IU's starting b/c, we will not be an NCAAT team

What is strange about it?

TJS sued that him not PLAYING----PLAYIN. Not being on the team, was hurting his ability to make $$$. The court agreed.

What you think would have happened if Illinois reinstated him, then didn't play him? The entire suit was over him PLAYING.
And his case made sense when he was suing over a school policy that prevented him from being eligible to play at all, when he hadn't been convicted of a crime yet. Coaches have total discretion on minute allocation, and no good lawyer would take that case as you've described it. You're extrapolating a case with one set of circumstances and assuming that a player can just sue if they aren't playing.

It's a zero sum game, so someone isn't going to get minutes.

Please stop with the Boilermaker holier-than-thou attitude.

The school is not a fvcking Seminary.
Painter has Gillis, Cline before him and then Painter and the AD publicly victim-blamed a middle aged Hispanic McDonald’s worker after she was knocked to the ground when Trevion Williams wanted his late night fries right now! No shame.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Coaches have total discretion on minute allocation, and no good lawyer would take that case as you've described it. You're extrapolating a case with one set of circumstances and assuming that a player can just sue if they aren't playing.

It's a zero sum game, so someone isn't going to get minutes.
Riiiiiiiiight, Brother we aint talking about some 8th man. We aint talking about a kid being mad over not playing. Nor are we talking in terms of, "No NIL". This was about lost revenue. That changes the landscape. And that changes the legal context here.

He was 1st team All-Big 10-----you gonna tell a judge, "sorry your honor--I tried to follow your instructions---but we just couldn't find minutes for an All-conference, likely 1st round NBA pick"

Jfc...

Riiiiiiiiight, Brother we aint talking about some 8th man. We aint talking about a kid being mad over not playing. Nor are we talking in terms of, "No NIL". This was about lost revenue. That changes the landscape. And that changes the legal context here.

He was 1st team All-Big 10-----you gonna tell a judge, "sorry your honor--I tried to follow your instructions---but we just couldn't find minutes for an All-conference, likely 1st round NBA pick"

Jfc...
Correct. The suit stipulated reinstated as is meaning a starter.

I’ll BB loved the ruling because they could use it to their advantage while still having suspended him

Reactions: IUfanBorden
When one stadium physically can't hold any more people than another, is it something to brag about when the other puts more people in it? Physics is physics CourtNonsense.
And there is sometimes a big difference between paid attendance and actual attendance.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
When one stadium physically can't hold any more people than another, is it something to brag about when the other puts more people in it? Physics is physics CourtNonsense.
you are the one that F’d up Sparky. Math is math. IU still shows up even in a shitty year. It is different in Btown

you are the one that F’d up Sparky. Math is math. IU still shows up even in a shitty year. It is different in Btown
WTF are you smoking? How did I F up? You're the one that's bragging because your team "played in front of more fans". Your shitty stadium holds 2,500 more people, so I'd hope you had more there if you had a decent fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT