ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to say Smith is only good because of Edey but he's been quite a bit better this year. You can't say Edey doesn't make his life easier but Smith is still good. Will be interesting to see how he handles next year without the NPOY in the paint but he'll be fine.
The Edey effect certainly has something to do with his uncontested layups.

Reactions: Toast. and jwardelt
What's interesting about Smith is that a lot of his scoring damage comes from bigs dropping on Edey, so Smith kills teams with the pull up game.

Next year, if teams hedge more to try to take that pull up game away since Edey is gone, how much more does that open things up for our rolling bigs or cutters from the wing?

I really don't expect his assist numbers to change all that much since he's just an elite passer and floor general type. It'll be interesting to see what happens to his overall efficiency though. Given his efficiency has improved a ton in year 1 to 2 while his volume and shot difficulty has gone way up.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
It's helped Galloways assist numbers and he's certainly gotten better this year, maybe not his shooting % but his guard play in general. Only the 2nd IU player to have two games of 12 assists, Isaiah Thomas the other.
Is Galloway ready to go for the BTT or still tbd?

Shocker.
Smith O Rating 118.5. EFG% 53.5 Reb% 19.2% FT 81.3% 2 PT% 47.2 3 PT% 44.6% on 101 attempts.
Assist rate: 36.5. Wins: 28

Walker O rating: 110.3 EFG% 50.6 Reb% 10.2% FT% 74% 2PT % 48.3 3PT% 37.2% on 148 attempts. Assist rate: 19.5. Wins: 18.

Once again, you are so fatally wrong sir. Walker does shoot more, I’ll give him that’s that’s the only let up he has on smith for a far worse team. It’s not even close.
The looks Walker would get on Purdue would be significantly better. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

If I'm selecting 1 of them in a situation completely devoid of any other info about teams, etc., I'm picking Walker, and I'm not thinking twice. If I'm picking the guard to play on this Purdue team, I'm picking Smith. He's a better fit for what they need.

The looks Walker would get on Purdue would be significantly better. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

If I'm selecting 1 of them in a situation completely devoid of any other info about teams, etc., I'm picking Walker, and I'm not thinking twice. If I'm picking the guard to play on this Purdue team, I'm picking Smith. He's a better fit for what they need.
Anyone that knows the game and is not emotionally invested in either player would.

I don't disagree but I think that's different than who should be on the 1st team All B1G. All in all, I think Braden had a better season than Walker, who was much more up and down this season than I thought he'd be. Dude killed us last year.

And while I acknowledge what having Edey on the floor does to Smith's efficiency, I'm also not sure Edey wins back to back NPOY's without a PG of Smith's quality.

I don't disagree but I think that's different than who should be on the 1st team All B1G. All in all, I think Braden had a better season than Walker, who was much more up and down this season than I thought he'd be. Dude killed us last year.

And while I acknowledge what having Edey on the floor does to Smith's efficiency, I'm also not sure Edey wins back to back NPOY's without a PG of Smith's quality.
Walker’s groin injury affected his play in the last part of the season.

Reactions: boilerzz

Hit the nail on the head.

My wife is making dinner right now and I'm enjoying a cocktail in the living room while watching Maryland vs Rutgers on Peacock.

I feel like there are many more productive things I could do with my life than watching this terrible game... but I don't want to get up from the couch.

I jumped in the middle of the argument without reading the OP. There is no argument for Walker over Smith based on an awards perspective.

That’s not fair either. There’s a legitimate argument for Smith. Ware would kill for someone in the same stratosphere as Smith to be in Indiana‘s back court.
Which, while not accurate, has nothing to do with my post.

That’s not fair either. There’s a legitimate argument for Smith. Ware would kill for someone in the same stratosphere as Smith to be in Indiana‘s back court.
While yes he would, Smith is better than anyone we have, Ware has also avg 19pts the last 11 games and Galloway has avg over 6 assists. It's taken Galloway awhile to learn the 1.

While yes he would, Smith is better than anyone we have, Ware has also avg 19pts the last 11 games and Galloway has avg over 6 assists. It's taken Galloway awhile to learn the 1.
I’ll give him props Galloway has done an admirable job no doubt.

Reactions: pig1960
Sorry about your b-holes

@bMORE607
@Noahtogo24

One of you get to start the official off-season thread.

going-for-me-which-is-nice.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT