ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game back….game respects game.
You guys are tough to say the least. Two tough teams going head to head.
Best of luck the rest of the way.
Biggest shock to me was how much we slowed down your offense in the second half. You really didn’t have anything that worked outside of Domask’s booty ball. Shannon was a no show. Zach was in Hawkins’ head. Guerrier cooled off thankfully.

Biggest shock to me was how much we slowed down your offense in the second half. You really didn’t have anything that worked outside of Domask’s booty ball. Shannon was a no show. Zach was in Hawkins’ head. Guerrier cooled off thankfully.
One of Coleman Hawkins redeeming qualities is that he’s just straight triggered by Purdue and he’s so stupid he has no idea how to downplay it.

Reactions: cmore79
One of Coleman Hawkins redeeming qualities is that he’s just straight triggered by Purdue and he’s so stupid he has no idea how to downplay it.
Ngl that was awesome when Edey stared him down after that block

Was a tough game, the crowd was really good all night. Illinois made some critical mistakes down the stretch on rebounds and missed assignments that made the difference. Can’t do that against an elite team.

Minor detail: Edey never touched the ball on the Hawkins block. He hit Hawkins on the right hand and peeled it off the ball. Replay was very obvious.

IMG-7140.jpg

Was a tough game, the crowd was really good all night. Illinois made some critical mistakes down the stretch on rebounds and missed assignments that made the difference. Can’t do that against an elite team.

Also, Edey never touched the ball on the Hawkins block. He hit Hawkins on the right hand and peeled it off the ball. Replay was very obvious.
Minor details.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden

Minor detail: Edey never touched the ball on the Hawkins block. He hit Hawkins on the right hand and peeled it off the ball. Replay was very obvious.

IMG-7140.jpg
I'd like to see a video replay before agreeing that Edey didn't get any ball. I remember that play thinking it could have been a foul, but I also think I recall him getting some ball first.

Gotta love Peacock. I coach volleyball so missed the first half. Came back and couldn't watch from the beginning because you can't record. Then I had a 5 second audio to video delay. Awesome...

Why did Illinois go to that dude who had no shot but to hack edey instead of Dainja? I didn’t get that at all.

One of the questions I had last night is why did Underwood bring Hansberry into the game instead of going back with Dainja. He was certainly less effective defensively and brought nothing offensively while Dainja did some good things.

4 fouls in 3 minutes is impressive tho. I thought his 4th might be a flagrant. He literally grabbed Edey and spun him around right in front of an official. Looked like a frustration play to me.

I thought Painter similarly erred late when he stayed with Lance to defend Domask and Marcus got going offensively during that 8-0 run. Lance hadn't done much offensively to that point and Heide played very solid D on Domask earlier. Of course, Jones hit the massive shot in the corner a bit later to offset the defensive lapses but I thought a change may have been warranted.

Gotta love Peacock. I coach volleyball so missed the first half. Came back and couldn't watch from the beginning because you can't record. Then I had a 5 second audio to video delay. Awesome...
and yet you still found the time to troll on the IU home board again.

I'd like to see a video replay before agreeing that Edey didn't get any ball. I remember that play thinking it could have been a foul, but I also think I recall him getting some ball first.
He got ball first. Illinois really doesn’t have room to complain when they were +7 at the line and committed two less fouls but I’m still seeing a lot of complaining lol.

Another caveat is when Woodson signed his new raise contract it was inserted that his buyout can be paid $1mil annually instead of having to be paid by the end of his current contract. Instead of paying 12mil over a 2-3 year period it can be stretched out over 12.

We gonna have to win. at least, 4 in a row to get on the bubble. To many missed opportunities. We win that Wisky game, one of the Iowa games we had leads in and beat either Illinois or Purdue, we'd be in really good shape. NIT here we come!!!

Reactions: jwardelt
Another caveat is when Woodson signed his new raise contract it was inserted that his buyout can be paid $1mil annually instead of having to be paid by the end of his current contract. Instead of paying 12mil over a 2-3 year period it can be stretched out over 12.
And the way I read it, he needs to pursuing other employment to receive it. That must be just initially as he cannot be expected to be active looking at 78.

Either way, I am not sure how I feel about BP. Good coach, he obviously gets what IU is about but his age and the Auburn issues with Person give me pause.

And the way I read it, he needs to pursuing other employment to receive it. That must be just initially as he cannot be expected to be active looking at 78.

Either way, I am not sure how I feel about BP. Good coach, he obviously gets what IU is about but his age and the Auburn issues with Person give me pause.
He'd get some sort of basketball job. Whatever it pays is deducted from the buyout. All I know is he's won everywhere he's been. Give him IUs resources and NIL money and I think he'd have a solid 10 year run.

THis is why IU has been a mid-major for 30 years...

Holier than tho approach.

His age? Dude is a mere 63. But functions like he 40. Hes got plenty of wheels left.

Hes a very good coach who would energize IU hoops, and have them competing at a high level very quickly.

THis is why IU has been a mid-major for 30 years...

Holier than tho approach.

His age? Dude is a mere 63. But functions like he 40. Hes got plenty of wheels left.

Hes a very good coach who would energize IU hoops, and have them competing at a high level very quickly.
I take pride in my standards and expectations. I understand yours differ.

I take pride in my standards and expectations. I understand yours differ.
Again, its why IU is IU....Some of ya''ll acting like we are talking about hiring a mob boss, or something. My goodness.

It has zero to do with my life personally. It has everything to do with where the game is(now). In the era of NIL, its moot to point out discprancies, of the past. The landscape has changed.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT