ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guard that can shoot a bit and feeds Edey is going to have big numbers.
Ah, the old just wait until Jujuan Johnson, Aj Hammons, Isaac Haas, Caleb Swanigan, Matt Haarms, Trevion Williams, Zach Edey, etc. leave take. Alive and well I see.

Braden Smith & Loyer are good guards regardless of who their big is.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Ah, the old just wait until Jujuan Johnson, Aj Hammons, Isaac Haas, Caleb Swanigan, Matt Haarms, Trevion Williams, Zach Edey, etc. leave take. Alive and well I see.

Indiana's starting 4 and 5 are averaging more points than Purdue's starting 4 and 5. Why can't Indiana's guards rack up assists or make an open three?

Brother it’d be an improvement if they even shot the open three, let alone made it
I really don't understand it. Calipari got skewered for years for bringing in these ultra talented classes and ignoring the 3P line. He's finally figured it out and he team looks much better.

Latest KenPom ranks and standings projections:

2 Purdue 16-4
14 Illinois 14-6
17 Wisky 13-7
26 OSU 12-8
23 MSU 11-9
42 Nebraska 10-10
65 NW, 79 IU, 45 Michigan 9-11
72 Maryland, 88 Minnesota, 50 Iowa 8-12
77 Rutgers 7-13
108 PSU 6-14

Congrats

The assist numbers are probably a bit inflated. Just throw it in to the big guy and let him cook. Easy assist.
Assists, plus lots of open looks and long rebounds. Look, they are taking advantage of the situation so good on them.

My wife just asked me why the hell am I watching Morehead State at Indiana. I said I was only gonna watch for a little while, but now I can't turn away. It's like a trainwreck..

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
My wife just asked me why the hell am I watching Morehead State at Indiana. I said I was only gonna watch for a little while, but now I can't turn away. It's like a trainwreck..
Nothing to worry about. Cupps will save the day.

Come on Hoosiers, I don't need you to be a Quad 3 win in Lincoln. Stop acting like a bunch of pussies.

Does anyone understand why Michigan had a 20 second shot clock with 30 seconds to go in the game? They scored, caused a tie up after Florida inbounded which results in Michigan ball. So a brand new possession…but they came out with 20 on the shot clock.

Michigan scored to push it to overtime anyways but I don’t get what happened there. Announcers didn’t say anything about it either.

Does anyone understand why Michigan had a 20 second shot clock with 30 seconds to go in the game? They scored, caused a tie up after Florida inbounded which results in Michigan ball. So a brand new possession…but they came out with 20 on the shot clock.

Michigan scored to push it to overtime anyways but I don’t get what happened there. Announcers didn’t say anything about it either.
If I were to guess, Juwan probably slapped the clock operator at some point and he was being vindictive

There are some great point guards in the B1G. Boo Buie, Braden Smith, Dug McDaniel, Gabe Cupps….

The gabe cupps pile on is so bizarre. IU fans weren’t bragging about him before the season and he’s 160 pounds being forced to play 30 minutes a game because of injuries and IU’s shitty roster management.

No shit he’s not effective right now, this doesn’t mean he’s a bust. It’s insanely disingenuous but I should come to expect that at this point

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
The gabe cupps pile on is so bizarre. IU fans weren’t bragging about him before the season and he’s 160 pounds being forced to play 30 minutes a game because of injuries and IU’s shitty roster management.

No shit he’s not effective right now, this doesn’t mean he’s a bust. It’s insanely disingenuous but I should come to expect that at this point
.There’s a certain poster who suggested he was as good as Braden Smith so it’s some good natured ribbing. I think Cupps has acquitted himself well given the circumstance.

Last edited:
Just got home----had a HS game.

Woof. Announcer at the scorers table told guy beside him the halftime score---I was, like, well ****; was recording the game. Anyways---get home, fast forward through the first half----most of the second. Probably took me 8 minutes to watch the game. Which was plenty long enough to throw my remote----Really, Malik? You get an offensive rebound, up 1, with 28 seconds left----and you try and score over 19 defenders?

Really? Dude has the basketball IQ of a fukin lawnmower...

Mouth breathers, both sides.

Mouth breathers, both side

Just got home----had a HS game.

Woof. Announcer at the scorers table told guy beside him the halftime score---I was, like, well ****; was recording the game. Anyways---get home, fast forward through the first half----most of the second. Probably took me 8 minutes to watch the game. Which was plenty long enough to throw my remote----Really, Malik? You get an offensive rebound, up 1, with 28 seconds left----and you try and score over 19 defenders?

Really? Dude has the basketball IQ of a fukin lawnmower...
No way you didn't see this coming after that kansas game. Now I'm no expert like most of you but this seemed obvious to an 58 yr old idiot that doesn't ref, coach. breath, or stays of drugs and booze. I'm acually impressed that they were able to win the game. IU has given up in this kind of disaster the past 10 yrs. I'm giddy. lol

No way you didn't see this coming after that kansas game. Now I'm no expert like most of you but this seemed obvious to an 58 yr old idiot that doesn't ref, coach. breath, or stays of drugs and booze. I'm acually impressed that they were able to win the game. IU has given up in this kind of disaster the past 10 yrs. I'm giddy. lol
They had zero business winning tonight

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Courtsensetwo said:
X was hurt. Smith was marginal at best and that only because he had edey as a distraction.. Is he better now? we shall see.

I would take X even with his drama over smith as would 90% of knowledgeable basketball fans. He can play defense which smith cannot, and shoots reasonably well. Cupps is better than smith (or will be very shortly) and he is on the bench

Courtsensetwo said:
X was hurt. Smith was marginal at best and that only because he had edey as a distraction.. Is he better now? we shall see.

I would take X even with his drama over smith as would 90% of knowledgeable basketball fans. He can play defense which smith cannot, and shoots reasonably well. Cupps is better than smith (or will be very shortly) and he is on the bench
Yup

I would play X over Branden in a heartbeat and so would Painter Check

Gabe is already better than Branden defensively, he is a heady leader who sees the floor well and will continue to get better. Check

You sure post about IU and me a lot. 4:40 AM...my words keep you awake at night...wow.

Your team is #1. Try to focus a bit more on them.

Their team is ranked #1 and they focus on IU still.

This is how it has been as long as I can remember.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Yup

Gabe is already better than Branden defensively, he is a heady leader who sees the floor well and will continue to get better. Check

You sure post about IU and me a lot. 4:40 AM...my words keep you awake at night...wow.

Yup

Yes, Braden smith is terrible and is only good because of Edey. JHC what a stupid ass take.

Smith: 14.4 ppg 5.7 reb 6.7 ast 1.7 stl 49.6 fg% including 47.5% from 3.

Claiming this is all because of Edey shows how little you watch Purdue. Considering your doubling down on this and our discussion about why IU beat Purdue last year at PU, you're showing that you need to sit on the bench and learn some more.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Yup

LOL you are so objective when no one in their right mind would take X over Smith, let alone the fcking scrub Cupps.

Yup

Comments like this are why it's hard to take you seriously.

Never said he was "terrible"

S
Yes, Braden smith is terrible and is only good because of Edey. JHC what a stupid ass take.

Smith: 14.4 ppg 5.7 reb 6.7 ast 1.7 stl 49.6 fg% including 47.5% from 3.

Claiming this is all because of Edey shows how little you watch Purdue. Considering your doubling down on this and our discussion about why IU beat Purdue last year at PU, you're showing that you need to sit on the bench and learn some more.
See, this is why people don't want to talk hoops with pu fans

Too bitter

too much little brother complex

Low hoops IQ

Too IU obsessed

Never said he was "terrible"

S

See, this is why people don't want to talk hoops with pu fans

Too bitter

too much little brother complex

Low hoops IQ

Too IU obsessed
Bitter? I'm not bitter. You just don't know wtf you're talking about. And it's plain to see.

• Haha
They will get you after your next win when you rush over their to troll.
No they won't, because I don't troll. I may chime in on a discussion, but that's it. Would be pretty weak for them to ban me simply because I post there, which is RARE because I mostly just read it.

Wow, I just realized that you're wrong again. You're batting 1000.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT