ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see IU is giving FGCU all they can handle:

F-XxMltXIAAb-5O

Samford and Son played last night.
Samford was KenPom 130. FGCU is KenPom 146.

None of that means much. I didn't watch the 1st half of the IU game. Looks like a foul fest for FGCU and neither team shooting well.

UNC Asheville and Michigan tip in less than an hour.

UNCA might have a chance? Pember is about elite as it gets for a mid-major star... Crazy to think that he and Olivier Nkamhoua were a part of the same recruiting class at Tennessee 4 years ago.

Samford was KenPom 130. FGCU is KenPom 146.

None of that means much. I didn't watch the 1st half of the IU game. Looks like a foul fest for FGCU and neither team shooting well.
Keep leaving shooter after shooter---Its what FGCU, does---shoot 28 per game.

FT's have been same old shit---10-18.

I think November results often lead to false narratives.

With that said, Indiana is a mess right now.

Reactions: KisteK
Embarrassing..

Until Woody puts an emphasis on the 3 ball---we will continue to see this trash offense.

24-9 FCGU advantge. They have taken 21.....IU 7.

Mindboggling

Look like a team that lost a bunch of dudes.

Even then, this is comical
Not sure if you guys will have the offense this year tbh. Defense should be solid again but looks like you guys could struggle in the half court on offense IMO.

Not sure if you guys will have the offense this year tbh. Defense should be solid again but looks like you guys could struggle in the half court on offense IMO.

At least they started to ratchet up the defense in the final 10 minutes of the game. They couldn't score or get a stop for about 20 minutes tonight.

Look like a team that lost a bunch of dudes.

Even then, this is comical
Breaking in a ton of new pieces that I don’t personally think fit great. Too forward heavy.

But a team breaking in those pieces and learning to play without their two alphas is gonna have a learning curve. Just getting away with a dub is not a bad thing, even if it was ugly. Gotta find some answers offensively and maybe getting another guard out there is an answer.

Reneau the defender was a bad as the offense today imo.

FGCU is usually decent but being held to 69 points at home to a mid major isn’t exactly awesome

Breaking in a ton of new pieces that I don’t personally think fit great. Too forward heavy.

But a team breaking in those pieces and learning to play without their two alphas is gonna have a learning curve. Just getting away with a dub is not a bad thing, even if it was ugly. Gotta find some answers offensively and maybe getting another guard out there is an answer.

Reneau the defender was a bad as the offense today imo.
Renau was bad....left shooter after shooter, after shooter. Just mindboggling. Would have looved to have had Sparks tonight.

Mgbako is gonna have to value defense.

I actually like the pieces IU has...Just IMO not being properly used.

Have to shoot more three's.

And shouldn't, tbh...Hoping this is just early jitters, etc....But the offense was absolute shit. Maybe toss into the big guy some? Mgbako will improve.....Tough night, but kid just oozes. Forced to much tonight, got lazy on "D", and Woody introduced him to the bench.

Offense seemed better under Cupps.

Defense outside of Reneau was actually really good.

Defensive effort from starters was pretty good. Fair amount of points off forced TOs. Not gonna read too much into scoring a bunch of points against Summit League team on hot shooting night but better than throwing up bricks all night.

I realize it’s only one game and was against a Big South team but that was prolly a better performance than anything last year’s Michigan team did

Win is a win, I guess.

Wish we'd shoot more three's.

No idea what that offense was---whoof.

Cupps is gonna be a hell of a player.

FGCU had the same gameplan that the eventual 15 seed who beats Purdue in the '24 tourney will likely in part implement.

Commit 25+ fouls and get get called for 15 or so fouls in the first half.

Hoosier Offense had no rhythm, no ability to get out and run, and no ability to take advantage of wearing down FGCU due to so many stoppages.

The concern is that the FGCU strategy to completely junk up the game, to slow it down, is the same low skill and low athleticism strategy that the entire Big Ten prides itself in, besides IU and MSU.

IU will need to find better ways to adapt, shoot FTs better, and just foul out all the goons on the other team, especially in Big Ten play.

FGCU had the same gameplan that the eventual 15 seed who beats Purdue in the '24 tourney will likely in part implement.

Commit 25+ fouls and get get called for 15 or so fouls in the first half.

Hoosier Offense had no rhythm, no ability to get out and run, and no ability to take advantage of wearing down FGCU due to so many stoppages.

The concern is that the FGCU strategy to completely junk up the game, to slow it down, is the same low skill and low athleticism strategy that the entire Big Ten prides itself in, besides IU and MSU.

IU will need to find better ways to adapt, shoot FTs better, and just foul out all the goons on the other team, especially in Big Ten play.
You think Purdue prides itself on junking up the game with low skill and low athleticism? Yikes that’s an awful take.

You think Purdue prides itself on junking up the game with low skill and low athleticism? Yikes that’s an awful take.

Heard from an inside source that Painter starts off every recruiting pitch stating Purdue prides itself at being the best in the Big Ten at junking up games and therefore seeks out low skill and low athleticism players to continue the programs long history of doing so.

Reactions: jwardelt
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT