ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a worthy read that will spur some debate. A lot of different ways you could go with this.

I take it Big Dog was not considered? He was right on the border of that 30 year mark. Otherwise, he'd be over many of those players on that list.

I take it Big Dog was not considered? He was right on the border of that 30 year mark. Otherwise, he'd be over many of those players on that list.
This list looks like it's for guys who stuck around for three to four years. I think Robinson played 2.

This list looks like it's for guys who stuck around for three to four years. I think Robinson played 2.
I think it was the timing moreso. Trey Burke was on the list and he played 2 seasons. Greg Oden was on the list and he only played 1.

This is a pretty interesting chart.

GFJYRkRXcAAbqCQ

Reactions: Boilermaker03
How is it a big part of our culture when it's mostly students saying it. A LARGE segment of the crowd does not join in, because we know how stupid it is and sounds. Kids will be kids and there are some adults dumb enough to join in, but it's not a big part of the culture. That kind of statement suggests that everyone is doing it.
You bet wink wink

Playing it pretty fast and loose w/ the word interesting, eh?
Man, tough crowd. It was interesting to me to see NW and Nebraska's consistent upward trajectory (hadn't paid that much attention) and Michigan's freefall.

IU fans love it. And it is far from just students.

Don’t ever stop. It defines your fan base to a T
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the iu sucks chant has not happened at Mackey in life 5 years. The only time is when we play iu. Which is completely acceptable for a rivalry. If you want to act like iu is somehow above this, I was at assembly hall for the last game and heard the student section chanting "F*ck Purdue" and F*ck Zach Edey". Last time I was there was the Matt Haarms tip in and they did the same thing to him.

You are correct that the student section chants iu sucks after kickoff at Football games, that is it. You saying it happens at every game everywhere is simply not true. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal, it's a rivalry. Alabama football chants the below thing when singing Dixieland. Does this make Alabama football a little brother to Auburn, LSU, and Tennessee... I don't think so, their results speak for themselves. Personally, I think finally beating your rival at home and rushing the court two season in a row like it's your Super Bowl is more embarrassing.

"A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night (F**K AUBURN),
Fits my life (AND LSU), oh so right (AND TENNESSEE, TOO),"

Been a while since I saw a half of basketball with only 19 total rebounds combined. NW had 4 rebounds….4.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the iu sucks chant has not happened at Mackey in life 5 years. The only time is when we play iu. Which is completely acceptable for a rivalry. If you want to act like iu is somehow above this, I was at assembly hall for the last game and heard the student section chanting "F*ck Purdue" and F*ck Zach Edey". Last time I was there was the Matt Haarms tip in and they did the same thing to him.

You are correct that the student section chants iu sucks after kickoff at Football games, that is it. You saying it happens at every game everywhere is simply not true. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal, it's a rivalry. Alabama football chants the below thing when singing Dixieland. Does this make Alabama football a little brother to Auburn, LSU, and Tennessee... I don't think so, their results speak for themselves. Personally, I think finally beating your rival at home and rushing the court two season in a row like it's your Super Bowl is more embarrassing.

"A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night (F**K AUBURN),
Fits my life (AND LSU), oh so right (AND TENNESSEE, TOO),"
pu chants about IU at all games against all opponents. Just because they stopped the Hale Fire thing out of sheer embarrassment hasn’t stopped it at all. You are wrong

I actually was at the pu game at TAH and no **** you chants happened. The last time that happened was when Haarms was dancing around in front of the students like a ferret on crack and they gave it to him. IU then formally apologized which pu has never done when it happened in the tin hog barn.

Nice try though

And please…never stop as we love it and it defines your fan base perfectly

Would have loved to have him in Btown

What's neat about him is alot of things he does, aren't stats that show up.

He does so much for the team. I love his fast break to the rim. It's sucks alot of Indiana guys got bang up, but they were going hard to the rim like Perkins does. The one dunk on Freeman was insane. Freeman is a big guy.

pu chants about IU at all games against all opponents. Just because they stopped the Hale Fire thing out of sheer embarrassment hasn’t stopped it at all. You are wrong

I actually was at the pu game at TAH and no **** you chants happened. The last time that happened was when Haarms was dancing around in front of the students like a ferret on crack and they gave it to him. IU then formally apologized which pu has never done when it happened in the tin hog barn.

Nice try though

And please…never stop as we love it and it defines your fan base perfectly
I thought you don’t watch Purdue games?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT