ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

In November 2021, “Midnight” Melvin Tucker became one of the highest-paid coaches in college football history, receiving a guaranteed 10-year, $95 million contract from Michigan State, the third-largest contract ever given to a football coach at a public university and the most paid on a per loss basis.[4]

🤣🤣🤣

MSU on the brain this week of all weeks? That's a little brother move.

Who in the Big 10 can possibly hang with us?
nebraska-tumblr.gif

I believe it is a real world take. Dude is lucky he is just a kid. Consequences would be much worse for adults.
I think people are defending it because he’s an actual kid and didn’t use the word in a derogatory context. This may very well ruin his life, this will always be a thing that comes up when you Google him.

I think you can have sympathy for the situation and not think his scholarship should be pulled while also condemning the action. Again, we’re talking about a high schooler. Kids are dumb. Just sucks all around.

I think people are defending it because he’s an actual kid and didn’t use the word in a derogatory context. This may very well ruin his life, this will always be a thing that comes up when you Google him.

I think you can have sympathy for the situation and not think his scholarship should be pulled while also condemning the action. Again, we’re talking about a high schooler. Kids are dumb. Just sucks all around.
He’s got offers from other places, so overall him getting his UF scholarship taken away isn’t a huge deal.

If he wasn’t a top 250 player at the most important position in football maybe that wouldn’t be the case. But for him, it’ll likely still work out

Here’s an idea. Maybe the word would go away if we treated everyone like shit for saying it no matter what color they are.

Pitching a shut out, no prayers needed
Well, apparently we did need prayers. Shooting went cold in the second half and we suck at free throws. Pulled it out by one though lol. Cal Baptist is a solid team and they have the potential WAC PotY in Taran Armstrong. They are a team definitely capable of winning their conference.

Good news is that Pharrel Payne had his first of many double-doubles with 15 & 13. Battle was pretty rusty and Garcia got in early foul trouble and didn’t have his best game. Carrington also had his second solid game in a row.

He’s got offers from other places, so overall him getting his UF scholarship taken away isn’t a huge deal.

If he wasn’t a top 250 player at the most important position in football maybe that wouldn’t be the case. But for him, it’ll likely still work out
We’ll have to see how many places now still actively recruit him. UF might not be the only one that pulled their interest. But I agree, I think he still ends up finding a home somewhere.

Perhaps, but white people shouldn’t post videos of themselves saying the n-word. This isn’t political, it’s just flat out wrong.
Context is everything. I'm not really sure if it's right or wrong, I'm not sure if those that could be upset are upset because it hurts them or because they've been conditioned to get upset. He was singing a song that used it. That someone published for the world to hear and sing. Was he directing and using it in a derogatory way? Waiting for Billy Bob white boy from Indiana to tell us how to feel.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
ADVERTISEMENT