ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

This was the only “Beilein player” on the roster last year. The green line marks Juwans hire.

7-A7-B0-EB7-E74-F-4-AAB-A4-F1-69-AAC78-A739-F.jpg
So year 1 of all Juwan players is going swell, huh?

You spent all year talking about how bad Eli Brooks was and now he’s the only reason Juwan made back to back Sweet 16s.

Why couldn’t Trent Frazier do that?
I feel like you can’t hear me. One sec let me turn up the volume.

SO YEAR ONE OF ALL JUWAN PLAYERS IS GOING SWELL, huh?

I feel like you can’t hear me. One sec let me turn up the volume.

SO YEAR ONE OF ALL JUWAN PLAYERS IS GOING SWELL, huh?

Eli Brooks carried Michigan to an Elite 8 and Sweet 16 in back to back years Juwan’s only player.

Eli Brooks carried Michigan to an Elite 8 and Sweet 16 in back to back years Juwan’s only player.

Juwan better figure it out. Like Jay said, trajectory ain’t looking good.

I, for one, can’t wait til you guys come to Champaign. I’m lovin ALL Juwan, baby.

Juwan better figure it out. Like Jay said, trajectory ain’t looking good.

I, for one, can’t wait til you guys come to Champaign. I’m lovin ALL Juwan, baby.

I’m glad you finally can admit how good Eli Brooks was. Carrying Juwan to 5 NCAA tournament wins. Putting the team on his back.

I’m glad you finally can admit how good Eli Brooks was. Carrying Juwan to 5 NCAA tournament wins. Putting the team on his back.
For your sake, I hope Juwan figures it out.

But how’s the saying go, the bigger they think they are, the harder they fall. Something like that

Juwan NCAA Tournament wins: 5
Illinois NCAAT wins since 2006: 4

Yap, yap, yap.
Juwan seasons without 20 wins: 2/3
Juwan seasons in the bottom half of the conference: 2/3

Yap yap. Trajectory is downward. Glad you have him.

This was the only “Beilein player” on the roster last year. The green line marks Juwans hire.

7-A7-B0-EB7-E74-F-4-AAB-A4-F1-69-AAC78-A739-F.jpg
Brooks was the reason you pulled out the win against LSU, and Wagner didn’t play for Bielien but he came to Michigan because of him.

Maybe Juwan can hire JB to come back and assemble rosters for him. Juwan can’t seem to figure it out.

Brooks was the reason you pulled out the win against LSU, and Wagner didn’t play for Bielien but he came to Michigan because of him.

Maybe Juwan can hire JB to come back and assemble rosters for him. Juwan can’t seem to figure it out.
Michigan’s perimeter defense look suspect. They keep having these nights where opposing guards “go off” on them but it seems like much less of a fluke when it keeps happening.

They could get it fixed and be a good, solid team come March. Or they might not and if they don’t they’re probably heading to the NIT. It’s hard to say what will happen. We’re not through Thanksgiving yet.

But good news is, Thanksgiving weekend is arguably the best weekend in sports. 4 days of non stop action and food.

Brooks is the 🐐

Pray for us. We are 1.5 point underdogs against the Baptists tonight in Cali. Jamison Battle may be back tonight but on a minutes restriction.

This is a crazy stat I saw on ESPN's power rankings:

I blame that largely to awful pre-con schedules, especially during the Crean tenure and Archie didn't do much to improve it.

I looked and they've only played like 8 away top 40 KP games since that Charlotte win. Mostly UK/Duke.

@NCST at 43rd would have been the closest win during Zeller's freshman year.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
I blame that largely to awful pre-con schedules, especially during the Crean tenure and Archie didn't do much to improve it.

I looked and they've only played like 8 away top 40 KP games since that Charlotte win. Mostly UK/Duke.

@NCST at 43rd would have been the closest win during Zeller's freshman year.
Yeah it’s a less bad stat than it looks. I mean it’s still bad because they should be scheduling road games in the non-con, but I figured the sample size wouldn’t be high. And a decent amount of those games are probably tied to the ACC / Big 10 challenge, so not really even scheduled. I’m thankful they added the Kansas matchup this year, I’m hoping that’s a sign that there will be more marquee matchups moving forward

AP Top 25

Indiana 11th
MSU 12th
Illinois 16th
Maryland 23rd
Purdue 24th
Iowa 25th
Great showing by the Big Ten, with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State all receiving votes, as well. Get ready for the "overrated Big Ten" talk, even though we have literally won our non-conference games vs. other conferences to earn those rankings...

Also, when you look solely at the current rankings ... holy CRAP look at Ohio State's conference schedule from January 21st on:

vs. #25 Iowa
at #16 Illinois
at #11 Indiana
vs. Wisconsin
at Michigan (RV)
vs. Northwestern
vs. #12 Michigan State
at #25 Iowa
at #24 Purdue
vs. Penn State (RV)
vs. #16 Illinois
vs. #23 Maryland
at #12 Michigan State

Brutal, lol...

Chaundee may have had an even better game than Brooks. That was an awesome game.

Anyhoo, yeah that would be cool for any team to have Beilein haha. He decided to go to Cleveland while Franz was on a plane to visit UM tho and thankfully Juwan salvaged that and has salvaged a lot of success.

Roster construction has been an issue since last year but Beilein also left the program with David DeJulius, Cole Bajema, and Zeb Jackson as the only underclassmen guards and commits. Taking Frankie Collins and so many forwards instead of other guards and missing on Shannon has put the team in an uncomfortable spot tho… especially if Llewllyn can’t improve dramatically.

And none of you believed in MD 😛
I must admit I was pretty ignorant of what their prospects were this year. However, I have been pretty vocal about my belief that the Big Ten will be a wide open and entertaining conference race this year, and I certainly stick by that ... looks like there are a lot of good teams.

Our game in College Park on December 2nd is looking pretty huge!

And none of you believed in MD 😛
I will start believing when you start playing tough teams and winning.

4 game stretch of vs 16 Illinois, @Wisconsin, vs 22 Tennessee, and vs 19 UCLA in December.

You prove it then.

^ I'm really curious to see how 3-2 UCLA responds from here on out. Assuming no one in Vegas was monumentally overrated (at which point you'd have to assume we all were ... great slate of games), that was a VERY tough pill for UCLA to swallow going home with two losses, as someone had to. I think they're a great team, and they'll really only have two chances before Pac-12 play to prove it:

12/14 at #23 Maryland
12/17 vs. #15 Kentucky (New York, NY)

4 game stretch of vs 16 Illinois, @Wisconsin, vs 22 Tennessee, and vs 19 UCLA in December.

You prove it then.
St. Louis was a top twenty team before that right??

You prove it then.
To be fair, Illinois's best win (UCLA) hasn't beaten anybody of note this season yet.

MD does play them at home next month...

Good luck my man. In every game other Illinois, I will likely be rooting for you.

Need SOS to be as good as possible to get good seeds come March.
Honestly, still think NIT most likely this season, but man, if they can get into the Big Dance...

^ I'm really curious to see how 3-2 UCLA responds from here on out. Assuming no one in Vegas was monumentally overrated (at which point you'd have to assume we all were ... great slate of games), that was a VERY tough pill for UCLA to swallow going home with two losses, as someone had to. I think they're a great team, and they'll really only have two chances before Pac-12 play to prove it:

12/14 at #23 Maryland
12/17 vs. #15 Kentucky (New York, NY)
They need to get some production out of Armoni Bailey stat. I like their upperclassmen a lot but they need another volume scorer

In November 2021, “Midnight” Melvin Tucker became one of the highest-paid coaches in college football history, receiving a guaranteed 10-year, $95 million contract from Michigan State, the third-largest contract ever given to a football coach at a public university and the most paid on a per loss basis.[4]

🤣🤣🤣

Congrats to Fran and Iowa for finally scheduling a good opponent. Big props for playing Creighton tonight.

Oh...wait....never mind. You are playing Omaha, not Creighton. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Congrats to Fran and Iowa for finally scheduling a good opponent. Big props for playing Creighton tonight.

Oh...wait....never mind. You are playing Omaha, not Creighton. Sorry for the confusion.
Creighton would never play a bottom feeder like Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT