ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

We may very well get cold and bow out in the round of 32 this year, but it won’t be because we are 1-dimensional on offense and defense.

Michigan may also finish in the bottom half of the Big Ten for the third year in fourth of Juwan’s tenure. In which case, he’ll need a flukey S16 appearance to hide that the culture of winning built by Bielien has slowly eroded with time.

Whatever you need to do to compartmentalize Juwan having more tournament wins as your entire program over the past 15 years.

Juwan Howard in two tournaments: 5 wins

Illinois basketball in 15 years: 4 tournament wins

Solid
Who cares about late Weber years and John Groce? About as relevant as the decade plus where you guys were complete garbage before Beilein. (Neither is relevant.)

Underwood has underachieved in one NCAA Tournament - 2021. In 2022, he lost a Second Round game with a banged up roster to a team who was favored. We’ll see what happens this year, but that’s pretty much the story here, not this persistent historical trend you paint it as.

I also think this weird fascination with the Sweet Sixteen is bizarre, lol. Sure, I would always love to go further in March but I would not trade last year’s Big Ten championship for one extra Tourney win. This year, since we just won the conference last year, I might feel differently.

Who cares about late Weber years and John Groce? About as relevant as the decade plus where you guys were complete garbage before Beilein. (Neither is relevant.)

Underwood has underachieved in one NCAA Tournament - 2021. In 2022, he lost a Second Round game with a banged up roster to a team who was favored. We’ll see what happens this year, but that’s pretty much the story here, not this persistent historical trend you paint it as.

I also think this weird fascination with the Sweet Sixteen is bizarre, lol. Sure, I would always love to go further in March but I would not trade last year’s Big Ten championship for one extra Tourney win. This year, since we just won the conference last year, I might feel differently.

Whenever you guys want to shit on Juwan I’ll remind you he has won more tournament games in two years than your entire program has in 15 years. Deal with it.

Whenever you guys want to shit on Juwan I’ll remind you he has won more tournament games in two years than your entire program has in 15 years. Deal with it.
Where did anyone shit on Juwan before you made your comments?

Your lil man syndrome is in full effect this weekend.

Where did anyone shit on Juwan before you made your comments?

Your lil man syndrome is in full effect this weekend.

I said nothing screams deep tournament run like Brad Underwood.

JayCG got offended by that and tried to shit on Juwan.

I reminded you guys that Juwan has more tournament wins in 2 years than your entire program in 15.

You’re welcome for the recap.

I said nothing screams deep tournament run like Brad Underwood.

JayCG got offended by that and tried to shit on Juwan.

I reminded you guys that Juwan has more tournament wins in 2 years than your entire program in 15.

You’re welcome for the recap.
So you made the first comments, what a surprise.

Hope everything is alright for you at home right now because you’ve been acting real real sensitive.

First time catching Maryland this year and we haven’t hit the rim yet on any 3 point shot.

drinking-pouring.gif
That’s a good thing right? Nothing but swishes.

Did you write off Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, or Scott Drew because they didn’t go to Sweet 16s in their first couple years?
To be fair, don't think anyone thought Drew should have gotten Baylor deep early after the mess he inherited.

Disagree respectfully- remember, first year Drew was at Baylor, they couldn't even play OOC games.
We had 2 usable players in the rebuild from that first year. Frazier and Da’monte Williams.

Complete overhaul.

I stand by Drew inherited a bigger mess than what Underwood did, yes.

Scott Drew is 52 years old and made his first Sweet 16 (Elite 8, actually) 12 years ago.

Brad Underwood is 58 years old and has never made a Sweet 16.

It’s just a dumb comparison all together.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Scott Drew is 52 years old and made his first Sweet 16 (Elite 8, actually) 12 years ago.

Brad Underwood is 58 years old and has never made a Sweet 16.

It’s just a dumb comparison all together.
Why would age matter?

Jay Wright just retired at 60 and Underwood will likely coach until he’s 70 or 75.

ADVERTISEMENT