ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Nice you slid in "so far"...Then you followed it up with last year!

Most fans that have a season going like PU would be talking E8 or FF?
What's your bone to pick? Everything he said was accurate, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year by all fans and pundits' perspective yet we still won the regular season title by 3 games. It was a nice surprise compared to the disappointment of last year's team.

Are you bitter that IU didn't live up to expectations of winning the regular season championship this year?

What's your bone to pick? Everything he said was accurate, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year by all fans and pundits' perspective yet we still won the regular season title by 3 games. It was a nice surprise compared to the disappointment of last year's team.

Are you bitter that IU didn't live up to expectations of winning the regular season championship this year?
Why so angry over a reasonable discussion> Just curious why PU fans aren't expecting a major run out of one of there're best teams ever?

Why so angry over a reasonable discussion> Just curious why PU fans aren't expecting a major run out of one of there're best teams ever?
Who says this is one of our best teams ever? Talent-wise we've had much better teams, which is what has made this season so much fun. Do you expect IU to make a FF? They've underperformed during the regular season.

I get it’s tough watching your program slide into mediocrity.

But at least you have the chance to get an NIT title out of the deal.

That’s exciting!
Yeah yeah, ask yore grandparents about the last time Illinois made it past the second round.

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
You’re acting out because your program is turning back into shlt. Maybe having expectations of anything higher than that isn’t healthy for you.
Yore program never stopped being shit. 20 years without making a sweet 16.

Reactions: Ingersol
Yeah yeah, ask yore grandparents about the last time Illinois made it past the second round.
Will Juwan be able to make the tourney without Beilien players?

Tune in next year to find out!

But in all honesty, I will be rooting for you guys to get that NIT title. You need a pick me up

Will Juwan be able to make the tourney without Beilien players?

Tune in next year to find out!

But in all honesty, I will be rooting for you guys to get that NIT title. You need a pick me up
Honestly I hope Juwan punches out someone in Chicago so we can get rid of him. Michigan fans will be fine. We still have football. I sincerely hope Illinois at least makes the sweet 16 this year. You guys could have sweet 16 rings made up like Indiana did in 2013

Were you there? I never gave up hope on the game and the crowd was great
I was courtside and have to admit that I had my moments of despair. The table was set for us with the Maryland & Iowa losses before we tipped off and all we had to do was eat at the table that was set. The crowd was great and the incredibly LONG line of students wrapping around Assembly Hall 2+ hours pre-game (I can only vouch for 2+ hours because that's when I arrived for the Cook Hall rally) told the tale of another GREAT home crowd appearance. No doubt some VERY nervous moments but it was apparent that Trayce, Race & Miller would not be denied today! I walked into the house after getting home from the game and immediately threw my shirt into the dry cleaning bag. LOL

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Is this years team top 10 all time for PU?
So hard to say with different eras. I think this is Painter’s 3rd best team.

I‘d go:

2010 - This was Hummel’s first ACL year. The baby Boilers were juniors and senior Chris Kramer was DPOY. Purdue was undefeated when Hummel and Lewis Jackson were both in the lineup. Won the B1G at 14-4 but just weren’t the same team without Hummel.

2018 - The year after Biggie left. Haas, Edwards, Mathias, PJ were seniors and Carsen was the alpha. Won the B1G at 15-3 but lost to Texas Tech in S16 after Haas broke his elbow.

2023 - This season with 2 true freshman starting in the backcourt but leaning on the NPOY. Flawed but when the hit 3’s, they can beat anyone. Unfortunately they don’t do that consistently.

2017 - Biggie, Carsen and the juniors. Very talented but didn’t play to its potential until Painter played Biggie at the 5 instead of alongside Haas. Won the B1G at 14-4 but got run by Kansas in the S16 in KC

2022 - Ivey was a ridiculous talent but unfinished. The 2 headed centers were very good. But this team just wasn’t locked in defensively and it finally did them in.

Last edited:
What do you know about banners? Seriously?
Weak troll attempt.

We know nothing about NCAA Championship banners obviously, but those aren’t the only banners that exist. Damn near every arena in the country puts up banners for conference championships too.

I was courtside and have to admit that I had my moments of despair. The table was set for us with the Maryland & Iowa losses before we tipped off and all we had to do was eat at the table that was set. The crowd was great and the incredibly LONG line of students wrapping around Assembly Hall 2+ hours pre-game (I can only vouch for 2+ hours because that's when I arrived for the Cook Hall rally) told the tale of another GREAT home crowd appearance. No doubt some VERY nervous moments but it was apparent that Trayce, Race & Miller would not be denied today! I walked into the house after getting home from the game and immediately threw my shirt into the dry cleaning bag. LOL
We have had this discussion before, i believe you are across from us. We didn't make the rally but man this team makes you work.

Arent You Just Sick And Tired Of Being You Pretty Little Liars GIF
Trolling me now on two boards? Wow.

Join Peegs and you can troll me there as well!

You won’t be there very long, as usual.
It’s better to play than not play at all.

Good coaching surely could’ve gotten 2 draft picks and an AA center to the tournament. Guess we’ll never know.

Oh, and thanks for the win, as usual.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Like @boilerzz said, I’d say this is probably Painter’s 3rd or 4th best team he’s had but all time? That’s tough when you think about Big Dog, the ‘88 team, Mount, etc… maybe closer to 10 but it’s tough historically to compare.
All-time? The 1979-80 Joe B Carroll led team was pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Odds to win the BTT. Who else is planning to get rich this weekend off of Nebraska?

Purdue +150
Indiana +550
Michigan State +600
Maryland +650
Northwestern +900
Illinois +1200
Rutgers +2000
Iowa +2200
Penn State +2500
Michigan +2500
Wisconsin +6000
Ohio State +6000
Nebraska +25000
Minnesota +100000

Odds to win the BTT. Who else is planning to get rich this weekend off of Nebraska?

Purdue +150
Indiana +550
Michigan State +600
Maryland +650
Northwestern +900
Illinois +1200
Rutgers +2000
Iowa +2200
Penn State +2500
Michigan +2500
Wisconsin +6000
Ohio State +6000
Nebraska +25000
Minnesota +100000

I actually love the value Michigan State is getting here.

I actually love the value Michigan State is getting here.
Yep. I threw a token wager on them as well. Hate Purdue's value. +150 and you have to win three games over possible tourney teams. No thank you.

The other value I like is Nova at +1000 in the BE. They've played much better since getting healthy and are 6-2 in their last 8 with both losses being Q1.

There’s a real chance UM, Rutgers, PSU and Wisconsin all don’t make the tourney. Unlikely but if they all lose their first round BTT games and UM loses to Purdue, maybe one gets in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT