ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

They did not cool off lol.

Not to be dramatic but we may need to scrap the program after this effort tonight.
In any given season there are 3-4 games that you just make everything and can’t lose and there are 3-4 games where nothing goes right and you can’t win. This would be the latter.

In any given season there are 3-4 games that you just make everything and can’t lose and there are 3-4 games where nothing goes right and you can’t win. This would be the latter.
Looks like both at the same time
ASU is 11/19 from 3 😂😂😂

Yeah that’s hoops sometimes but this is concerning.
Hopefully will light a spark defensively because it has been bad.

Reactions: cmore79
Looks like both at the same time
ASU is 11/19 from 3 😂😂😂

Yeah that’s hoops sometimes but this is concerning.
Hopefully will light a spark defensively because it has been bad.
Your guy have very little experience playing together, they’ll figure it out.

Or at least they’ll be much better than tonight

Reactions: cmore79
Michigan’s perimeter defense is looking really bad this year. Dickinson is elite offensively and a statue on defense. Bobby Hurley just coaching circles around Howard getting Dickinson away from the hoop.

Is it just me or is he looking a little pudgier this year? He’s never been ripped or anything though.

Why did Howard push out Collins? He looks way better than this Llewelyn kid.

Trash move by UM down 30 at the end. Take your L and gtfo.
Did you expect something classy?

wisconsin-juwan.gif

Why did Howard push out Collins? He looks way better than this Llewelyn kid.
He didn’t push out Collins. Collins wanted out. Llewelyn was brought in to compete as a combo guard like Eli Brooks because Frankie and Bufkin were the only guards on the roster bringing in frosh Dug McDaniel and Frankie was poking around schools out west.

That’s said, Collins didn’t do shit tonight… which almost makes the blowout sting worse lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1016CC0503
All these other schools need to stop attacking innocent Michigan athletes. Shame on you, ASU!

Hail!

Michigan’s perimeter defense is looking really bad this year. Dickinson is elite offensively and a statue on defense.
That was my biggest concern for them this year. They were 74th in defense last year, and we’re losing solid defenders like Eli Brooks and I thought Diabete got much better at that end as the year went along.

We know this Michigan team can score in bunches, I don’t think that needs to be proven, they had an off night. But from top to bottom, I mean who would you call a great defender? UM fans could probably help me out more here.

This. I know its early, but no one has really stood out. With that being said, I was impressed with TX, but......is that shooting FOR real? Or did reality show the last 8 minutes-----0-10 to end the game?

I'm a staunch supporter of Gonzaga, Always have been. Buuuuuuuut, well this year, I mean they don't hve that eearly, "holy shit" to them. TBH, might be(for November) the "worst" GU team I have seen in a long time. Again, its only NOv, and I think Smith is really gonna elevate this team.

MSU looks like MSU does every November. But this time, they look a tad better. Again, its early.

So far, MSU, Illinois and Indiana look really good. Purdue/Michigan right there as well. Was not impressed with OSU at all. Will find out about my Hoosiers tomorrow----@ Xavier.

How many OSU games have you seen? They’ve had one bad half of basketball in three game’s playing 8 guys who didn’t suit up for them last year out of a 9 man rotation . I do expect them to struggle when the competition ramps up next week but they’ve exceeded my expectations so far ( which wasn’t really that high )

That was my biggest concern for them this year. They were 74th in defense last year, and we’re losing solid defenders like Eli Brooks and I thought Diabete got much better at that end as the year went along.

We know this Michigan team can score in bunches, I don’t think that needs to be proven, they had an off night. But from top to bottom, I mean who would you call a great defender? UM fans could probably help me out more here.
This is the third season in a row they’ve gotten worse at PG too. Weird strategy to continually take shots at lower-tier PGs.

This is the third season in a row they’ve gotten worse at PG too. Weird strategy to continually take shots at lower-tier PGs.
Purdue recruited Jaelin Llewelyn really hard out of high school. And everyone on our message board was salivating to get him. There were rumblings he was on the verge of commiting to Purdue and then inexplicably committed to Princeton in during the summer before his senior year. Very bizarre move at the time, but then we heard his parents didn’t want him to get exposed at the Big Ten level. Which was weird because he was a solid top 100 guy in high school. Weird move at the time but man, it makes sense now. Kid isn’t that good.

Reactions: ConqueringHero

D is the glaring concern with this team. The offense will be similar to last year. 3 pt shooting can be a concern and the guard play has a ways to go with 3 really inexperienced guys… but the spacing is better at least. Last night was just one of those nights on that end of the floor with a lid on the bucket.

On D… that was our biggest issue last year and appears to be the same or worse at this point. Llewelyn looks to have the same issues as Jones did, Bufkin is nowhere near Brooks on that end yet, Jett is much more comfortable on O than Houstan but even worse than him on D so far…. and as clunky as Diabate at the 4 made the O at times he was more disruptive than Williams.

It is a lot of new parts that can improve but it’s not great defensive personnel. Dug and Jace may have to play more and there may need to be a mindset/strategic shift to muck up the game more on that end or commit more fully to a zone.

Reactions: MGC_07
D is the glaring concern with this team. The offense will be similar to last year. 3 pt shooting can be a concern and the guard play has a ways to go with 3 really inexperienced guys… but the spacing is better at least. Last night was just one of those nights on that end of the floor with a lid on the bucket.

On D… that was our biggest issue last year and appears to be the same or worse at this point. Llewelyn looks to have the same issues as Jones did, Bufkin is nowhere near Brooks on that end yet, Jett is much more comfortable on O than Houstan but even worse than him on D so far…. and as clunky as Diabate at the 4 made the O at times he was more disruptive than Williams.

It is a lot of new parts that can improve but it’s not great defensive personnel. Dug and Jace may have to play more and there may need to be a mindset/strategic shift to muck up the game more on that end or commit more fully to a zone.
Hmm…sounds like a good time for a Covid pause.

UM got Donkey Punched.......Dickinson still smiling this morning.....

Did he do this before?
Not that I’m aware of haha.
He talks a lot of shit but usually backs it up.

I finally watched the clip this morning and it wasn’t quite as bad as I thought it would be.. he actually said “I’m hoping for” ….That’s what he gets if he wants to do a barstool podcast tho lol. You’re inviting yourself to get blasted when you lose.

I would bet (or hope) that this is the last time he decides to participate in a prediction tho. Horrible idea.

I think he was for you guys, if only slightly. Smith provided better floor spacing and overall playmaking, I just think his skill set better meshed with HD.

Overall playmaking? No. He was a better shooter for sure but that's about it. Mike Smith got to play with Wagner and Livers on the wing. Smith played with Houstan and Diabate.

I think he was for you guys, if only slightly. Smith provided better floor spacing and overall playmaking, I just think his skill set better meshed with HD.

Llewellyn is really, really bad. The past two guys were fine pickups. Jones was as good as Smith, though.

Mike Smith
9.5 ppg
5.3 apg
2.8 rpg
0.5 spg
40.9% 2pt FG
41.8% 3pt FG
41.2% FG

Devantes Jones
10.3 ppg
4.6 apg
4.5 rpg
0.9 spg
51.3% 2pt FG

34.2% 3pt FG
46.3% FG

PER
Smith 13.5 vs Jones 17.5

TS%
Smith .530 vs Jones .551

EFG%
Smith .491 vs Jones .513

Rebounding %
Smith 5.1 vs Jones 9.5

Assist %
Smith 28.6 vs Jones 29.5

Steal %
Smith 0.9 vs Jones 1.9

TOV %
Smith 19.8 vs Jones 18.7

Not that I’m aware of haha.
He talks a lot of shit but usually backs it up.

I finally watched the clip this morning and it wasn’t quite as bad as I thought it would be.. he actually said “I’m hoping for” ….That’s what he gets if he wants to do a barstool podcast tho lol. You’re inviting yourself to get blasted when you lose.

I would bet (or hope) that this is the last time he decides to participate in a prediction tho. Horrible idea.
Kept thinking the same thing.

Gotta say tho the Interviewers/Podcasters are kinda bîtches for even asking that type of shit. Putting him in a shitty spot

Purdue recruited Jaelin Llewelyn really hard out of high school. And everyone on our message board was salivating to get him. There were rumblings he was on the verge of commiting to Purdue and then inexplicably committed to Princeton in during the summer before his senior year. Very bizarre move at the time, but then we heard his parents didn’t want him to get exposed at the Big Ten level. Which was weird because he was a solid top 100 guy in high school. Weird move at the time but man, it makes sense now. Kid isn’t that good.

He's really bad. I thought we were getting a crafty creator who would be nice in the PnR and nice for spacing. He's just useless.

Kept thinking the same thing.

Gotta say tho the Interviewers/Podcasters are kinda bîtches for even asking that type of shit. Putting him in a shitty spot
Yeah the Marty dude that does the podcast seems like an idiot and Bohannon seems like a dickhead lol.

I’m sure he’s getting paid but the clips I have seen are horrible and it seems miserable for Dickinson lol.

I mean listen to how awkward this shit is 😂

He's really bad. I thought we were getting a crafty creator who would be nice in the PnR and nice for spacing. He's just useless.
I think he’ll be serviceable once he carves out his role and gets more comfortable like Jones.
Going to be another slog to get there tho.

ADVERTISEMENT