ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Dude jumps on a bike, crashes into a pole - "I meant to do that".

• Love
Reactions: IowaPoleSmoker
He should probably go pro/overseas now shouldn’t he? His game hasn’t improved really at all in 3 years so what is one more year going to do.
He probably leaves....Woody said he felt he was ready to move on. I don't expect him back---but who knows. Maybe tonights game left a bad taste in his mouth----Wants to come back over that? I dunno. Coming back isn't gonna hurt his stock, for sure....And maybe he develops a little jumper/jump hook; he did did that a little more this year.

I have no clue what he does----But I'd be 100% shocked if he transferred.

Foster Loyer will be our Grim Reaper tomorrow, 15 points like 60% from 3.

question is how the rest do, and can we exploit his turrible defense.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
Just got home. Looks like you needed that excuse. Hope we don’t need it tomorrow.
I doubt you do.....Few more days rest, and, well...You're going to Milwaukee---not Portland.....IU was absolutelyl gassed......First 10 minutes/compared to last 10 minutes, was night and day. YOu could see it...I mean 5 games/7 days...DOn't arrive in Portland until 6am.....practice at 3....then presser....then play a game 22 hours later.....Not good. Even Randy Bennett(SMC coach) said as much...

RANDY BENNETT: I just want to add something to that. Like I know Indiana won't use this as an excuse, but the situation they had is tough, like they were just playing Wyoming, they're trying to get that win. They just finished their conference tournament. They really didn't have any chance to prepare for us.

Like those two teams -- we played well, but those two teams are more even than that. They just had no chance. They're flying yesterday. I don't know, maybe be a walk-through at one time with their team.

It's hard to guard us if you can't get a prep on us, and then we were able to get a prep on them. So if you're wondering if rest versus playing however many games they did in a short amount of time and flying across the country, there's no question it's an advantage to be resting.

You've still got to do it. You've still got to play well. There's a lot of pressure here first game of the NCAA Tournament.

So we did all that, but you could see it on their faces. They were gassed, like probably at halftime. They got in too big a hole. Anyhow, let's set the record straight on that. That's how that works. We were in the better spot going into that game as far as the situation to be in.

Our conference is light years behind the SEC.

Our conference champ plays on a Sunday then Thursday?

Well done Kevin

Well done Kevin
The tournament championship. Big Ten regular season champ is far more impressive.

The conference tournaments are fun but mean almost nothing. They maybe improve seeding but it’s just a money grab. Iowa is now realizing this after the awesomeness of finally winning one and immediately getting bounced. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:

Well done Kevin
That’s how it goes.

When UM won the conference tournament in 2017 (plane crash year) they were still only a 7 seed and played in the first game of the tournament on Thursday. Track meet of a game vs Underwood at Oklahoma State. Almost lost but pulled out a 92-91 win. At least Richmond played on Sunday too

The tournament championship. Big Ten regular season champ is far more impressive.

The conference tournaments are fun but mean almost nothing. They maybe improve seeding but it’s just a money grab. Iowa is now realizing this after the awesomeness of finally winning one and immediately getting bounced. Welcome to the club.
Casual fans love to claim they won the conference because they won the BTT.

I think OSU wins but so far the Big Ten is looking unimpressive. Only win is UM over the 0-4 Mountain West. Might be another embarrassing tournament for the Big Ten.

The Big Ten needs MSU to be good.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz and MGC_07
Just popping in to say that if Purdue loses today, I am going to fvcking off myself.

Kentucky getting beat makes the path that much easier. I can stomach (as in not kill self) getting beat by a VT/Tex team in the 2nd round but if we lose to this Yale team….

giphy.gif

Just popping in to say that if Purdue loses today, I am going to fvcking off myself.

Kentucky getting beat makes the path that much easier. I can stomach (as in not kill self) getting beat by a VT/Tex team in the 2nd round but if we lose to this Yale team….

giphy.gif
If MSU loses to the player our fanbase practically bullied off the team I too will off myself.

I think OSU wins but so far the Big Ten is looking unimpressive. Only win is UM over the 0-4 Mountain West. Might be another embarrassing tournament for the Big Ten.

The Big Ten needs MSU to be good.
I think the guard play is the B1G’s biggest issue. Just a lack of depth of guard talent across the conference. It was bad last year too outside of Illi (who had a rough matchup and pooped the bed).

Maybe Ivey and Purdue can make a run, especially with Kentucky bounced. Also think Illi could make the sweet 16 this year. If Wisco doesn’t make the sweet 16 with their path… they deserve another bitch slap.

This would be fantastico but unfortunately Hail would post nonstop, period, but mostly about once again UM making it further than MSU and Izzo is old af and falling apart.
If MSU loses to Foster Loyer, I will put Hail on ignore until next season starts. No way am I subjecting myself to his childish ribbing every day for 7+ months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT