ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa at Virginia will be interesting Monday. A team that is skilled offensively but doesn't played defense vs a team that is excellent defensively but not very skilled offensively.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Iowa at Virginia will be interesting Monday. A team that is skilled offensively but doesn't played defense vs a team that is excellent defensively but not very skilled offensively.
Iowa better hope they don't drop the soap. Prison rules in Virginia.

Sparty in a battle with Loyola Chicago (sorry for the PTSD trigger @Jaycg15). Down 5 with 16 minutes left.
We are having our worst turnover game of all time. It’s unbelievable.

Izzo’s teams always have turnover issues and it never a gets fixed. It’s very frustrating.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
We are having our worst turnover game of all time. It’s unbelievable.

Izzo’s teams always have turnover issues and it never a gets fixed. It’s very frustrating.
Yikes. 18 TO's in 26+ minutes. And it's not like Loyola is a pressing team.

Best game of Malik Hall's career?

I remember being real disappointed when he didn't pick Purdue.

This might be accurate but UCLA is likely to be closer to the team that needed a play in game than the FF team from last year. It happens every season where the polls reflect how the teams did in a 2-3 week period and not who they were for 4 months, which is usually a more accurate representation of who they are.

I’d bet you UCLA is closer to a 1 seed than an 11 seed.

I’d bet you UCLA is closer to a 1 seed than an 11 seed.
I’m in this camp as well, but I also don’t think they’ll be able to replicate what they did in the tourney, mostly because it was an unsustainable performance from Juzang. I’m interested to see how they look when they get Riley back though. I’m also confident Jaquez will be way better throughout the season than what he showed yesterday.

I’m in this camp as well, but I also don’t think they’ll be able to replicate what they did in the tourney, mostly because it was an unsustainable performance from Juzang. I’m interested to see how they look when they get Riley back though. I’m also confident Jaquez will be way better throughout the season than what he showed yesterday.

Yeah. But what people don’t understand about “the 26 regulars season games is a better sample size than 6 tournament games” is that 32 full season games is a better sample size than 26. Overall UCLA finished 13th in Kenpom. Not 4th like their final four run and not ~40th like their seeding.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
I guess you’re allowed to jump up for a shot, come back down with the ball because you got blocked, and try again. Blatant stuff like that gets my blood boiling. There’s no debate that’s a jump ball.

Yeah. But what people don’t understand about “the 26 regulars season games is a better sample size than 6 tournament games” is that 32 full season games is a better sample size than 26. Overall UCLA finished 13th in Kenpom. Not 4th like their final four run and not ~40th like their seeding.
Yep. What people who don't pay attention don't realize is that UCLA was 17-5 and on track to probably being a 3 or 4 seed before surprisingly losing 4 straight before entering the tournament. And Juzang missed the 1 point loss (on a last second shot) to USC in that stretch. Juzang wasn't 100% in the OT loss to Oregon State that followed it.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Not super surprising but loyola is still really good this year. Nice work by Valentine to get everyone (sans Krutwig obviously) back. Those Drake Loyola games are going to be fun.

Reactions: MGC_07
Malik Hall was great, but Bingham had 11/9 with 7 blocks and the game winner. He’s pretty good.

They really impressed me defensively. The rotations were really clean and those bigs did applying pressure but not gambling.
Not sure why they went away from their zone. We would bring the ball up, take one look at it, then hand them the ball. We did it on 10 of 11 possessions at one point. Several times our ballhandler would just fall on the ground with no one guarding them.

It was almost like Valentine thought it was unfair and stopped doing it.

Reactions: MGC_07
Not sure why they went away from their zone. We would bring the ball up, take one look at it, then hand them the ball. We did it on 10 of 11 possessions at one point. Several times our ballhandler would just fall on the ground with no one guarding them.

Clearly he’s still a big fan and wanted to help us out.

I would be happy if we hired him after Izzo retires.

Brown knocked down 3 straight 3’s and Walker hit one as well. We started to pick it apart.

Shocking to me that guys like Bilas can keep calling Davison’s hooking shit “a smart move” GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT