ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t we just lose to a 2 seed? Good job losing to a worse seed once again.

Keep hanging on to those Dee Brown days, lord knows that’s the last time Illinois was worth a shit
Once again? You lost to a 15 seed last year.

Are you trying to have something completely wrong in every post you make? I’m sure you only follow basketball a few days each year, so I’m not surprised.

@boiler1987 now, I didn’t want to call you out earlier in fear of jinxing whatever negative ass juju you were throwing out into the ether but if you don’t get more positive from now on, I’m gonna pull a Trojan and dox your ass, find out where you live, and come bitch-slap you. Enjoy this team mate!

Well played sir!

Once again? You lost to a 15 seed last year.

Are you trying to have something completely wrong in every post you make? I’m sure you only follow basketball a few days each year, so I’m not surprised.
Oh last year when Illinois was a 1 seed and lost in the second round to mighty Loyola?

FOYaQc9X0AYKxhx

Oh last year when Illinois was a 1 seed and lost in the second round to mighty Loyola?
Are you this dumb? This is the argument you're trying to win with? We lost to a team that lost 5 games the entire season, and you lost to an 11 loss summit league team. Go back to the main board where it's a level playing field for you. You're outclassed here like your team was against Oral Roberts.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Most shocking thing from this chart: Ethan Morton in far top right.

Least shocking thing from this chart: Brandon Johns far left?

FOWgSIaVsAgqCD2

• Haha
Reactions: ConqueringHero
Are you this dumb? This is the argument you're trying to win with? We lost to a team that lost 5 games the entire season, and you lost to an 11 loss summit league team. Go back to the main board where it's a level playing field for you. You're outclassed here like your team was against Oral Roberts.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Ah yes, Loyola beat a bunch of powerhouses on that schedule you’re right. Again, a “basketball school” like Illinois routinely chokes in the tournament. So I ask, show me where I’m wrong?

Come on man.
Not making at least the sweet 16 with that draw and playing in Milwaukee is ridiculous. Losing Hepburn sucked but that was a complete gag job.
Picked 10th at the beginning of the year. Weren't supposed to even be in the tournament. Won a share of the conference title. Was entertained for most of the season.

I hate losing, never going to be happy about it, but I'm not going to run around feeling sorry for myself or the team.

Losing Hepburn ended the game in my mind and said so to the people I was watching with. The back up PG wasn't even with the team (he's back home dealing with what many feel is clinical depression, so hope he just finds his way out of that so he can have a happy life). When Davison has to run point, it completely screwed the rotation Gard had to work with, which wasn't much as he played a short bench from conference play on.

If you guys want to poke fun, cool. Your team was picked to be in the top five to start the season, and proceeded to shit the regular season bed, barely managing to get into the tourney. Now you guys are going to run your mouth about making the sweet sixteen? Good on ya. Unless you make the Final Four, your season comes up short of most people's expectations.

Ah yes, Loyola beat a bunch of powerhouses on that schedule you’re right. Again, a “basketball school” like Illinois routinely chokes in the tournament. So I ask, show me where I’m wrong?
This is such a fun argument. You can't play the underachieve card when you've been worse and lost to the 5th worst team in the tournament.

Picked 10th at the beginning of the year. Weren't supposed to even be in the tournament. Won a share of the conference title. Was entertained for most of the season.

I hate losing, never going to be happy about it, but I'm not going to run around feeling sorry for myself or the team.

Losing Hepburn ended the game in my mind and said so to the people I was watching with. The back up PG wasn't even with the team (he's back home dealing with what many feel is clinical depression, so hope he just finds his way out of that so he can have a happy life). When Davison has to run point, it completely screwed the rotation Gard had to work with, which wasn't much as he played a short bench from conference play on.

If you guys want to poke fun, cool. Your team was picked to be in the top five to start the season, and proceeded to shit the regular season bed, barely managing to get into the tourney. Now you guys are going to run your mouth about making the sweet sixteen? Good on ya. Unless you make the Final Four, your season comes up short of most people's expectations.
I’ll send you @jwardelt and @MGC_07 a post card from the Sweet 16

lol losers

Reactions: ConqueringHero
BTW whats the word on kofi? he coming back again? will annoy me a lot if he does
Such a strange situation because he doesn't fit real well in the NBA but he's also not going to improve his draft stock much by sticking around. Just like TJD at indiana, if he came back and showed he could shoot to 18 feet, maybe his draft stock rises but that's extremely unlikely.

Such a strange situation because he doesn't fit real well in the NBA but he's also not going to improve his draft stock much by sticking around. Just like TJD at indiana, if he came back and showed he could shoot to 18 feet, maybe his draft stock rises but that's extremely unlikely.
reality is none of these b1g bigs are going be legit nba guys with their warts, its just if they want to start their pro career

Last edited:
This is such a fun argument. You can't play the underachieve card when you've been worse and lost to the 5th worst team in the tournament.
Yep we’ve been worse even though we’ve made a sweet 16/final 4 more recently.

The one guy who likely will be in Diabate. And he should go ahead and go this year!!

It’ll be interesting how things shake out.

None of Jones, Houstan, Diabate, or Dickinson are first round picks. Less than half would probably even be drafted. So how many play college ball next year? O/U 1.5?

Reactions: WheelerG
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT