ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked 10th at the beginning of the year. Weren't supposed to even be in the tournament. Won a share of the conference title. Was entertained for most of the season.

I hate losing, never going to be happy about it, but I'm not going to run around feeling sorry for myself or the team.

Losing Hepburn ended the game in my mind and said so to the people I was watching with. The back up PG wasn't even with the team (he's back home dealing with what many feel is clinical depression, so hope he just finds his way out of that so he can have a happy life). When Davison has to run point, it completely screwed the rotation Gard had to work with, which wasn't much as he played a short bench from conference play on.

If you guys want to poke fun, cool. Your team was picked to be in the top five to start the season, and proceeded to shit the regular season bed, barely managing to get into the tourney. Now you guys are going to run your mouth about making the sweet sixteen? Good on ya. Unless you make the Final Four, your season comes up short of most people's expectations.
Winning a share of the conference title is always a great accomplishment. I didn’t run my mouth or poke fun… at all.. but fvck it let’s get into it if you want.

Congrats on playing Illinois, Iowa, Michigan all once (2 of them at Home) and getting doubles against Northwestern, Nebraska and Minnesota. 😂

Pre-season ratings are pretty damn meaningless… Especially if you’re replacing 3 starters and over half your rotation.
Wisco’s expectations were only low this season because they underperformed so poorly last year while returning everyone from a team that shared the conference title. Players crying to Gard and secretly recording locker room conversations because he doesn’t care about them as people. .500 conference record and bounced in the first weekend. With a bunch of 25 year olds. Yeah Michigan and MSU would like to still have Cassius Winston and Xavier Simpson but they didn’t want to sing varsity their whole lives.

Saying UM’s season is final 4 or bust isn’t the roast you think it is. You can laugh at hyping up sweet 16s all you want but Howard already has as many as your coach in his CAREER thru his first 2 tournaments 😂

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GOO_HAM
reality is none these bi1g bigs are going be legit nba guys with their warts, its just if they want to start their pro career
Of the post players in the conference I wouldn’t be surprised if Dickinson had the longest NBA career. He has looked like a left-handed Gasol brother in the NCAAT. Now that he has a 3pt jumper, it wouldn’t surprise me if a team gave him a shot in the late first. His rim protection isn’t elite, but it isn’t bad either.

It’ll be interesting how things shake out.

None of Jones, Houstan, Diabate, or Dickinson are first round picks. Less than half would probably even be drafted. So how many play college ball next year? O/U 1.5?
Not sure I see any of them going.

Of the post players in the conference I wouldn’t be surprised if Dickinson had the longest NBA career. He has looked like a left-handed Gasol brother in the NCAAT. Now that he has a 3pt jumper, it wouldn’t surprise me if a team gave him a shot in the late first. His rim protection isn’t elite, but it isn’t bad either.
hes been awful defensively this year and completely exposed there

Yep we’ve been worse even though we’ve made a sweet 16/final 4 more recently.
Cool, Matta is gone, and your new coach would have rather been as successful as Illinois these past three years. We don’t need to look back a full decade to compare.

And I love that you are trying to trash Illinois for losing to Houston early. You’ve lost in the first two rounds the last 6x (7 counting the NIT) you’ve been there, and one was to a substantially worse Houston team with Holtmann. You’re a worse version of the product you’re railing on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1016CC0503
Picked 10th at the beginning of the year. Weren't supposed to even be in the tournament. Won a share of the conference title. Was entertained for most of the season.

I hate losing, never going to be happy about it, but I'm not going to run around feeling sorry for myself or the team.

Losing Hepburn ended the game in my mind and said so to the people I was watching with. The back up PG wasn't even with the team (he's back home dealing with what many feel is clinical depression, so hope he just finds his way out of that so he can have a happy life). When Davison has to run point, it completely screwed the rotation Gard had to work with, which wasn't much as he played a short bench from conference play on.

If you guys want to poke fun, cool. Your team was picked to be in the top five to start the season, and proceeded to shit the regular season bed, barely managing to get into the tourney. Now you guys are going to run your mouth about making the sweet sixteen? Good on ya. Unless you make the Final Four, your season comes up short of most people's expectations.

Nothing like downplaying making the second weekend of the tournament when your team misses it.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Tech nerds: Anybody ever dealt with a mesh WiFi system? Had to move modem/router to upstairs bedroom due to incoming pool/patio and the tech recommend a mesh system to help with WiFi signal throughout the house.

Illinois is better than Michigan St moving forward and you are worried.

It’s okay.

It’s gotta be weird for MSU fans to see all the coaches of Izzo’s era retiring. Especially when you consider this has been the worst two year stretch of Izzo’s career. The man turns 68 next year.

Illinois is better than Michigan St moving forward and you are worried.

It’s okay.
I’d be willing to do a bet on who finishes higher in Big Ten play next year if you’re down.

Might be too earlier though, both teams still shaking things out and it’s pre transfers.

I’d be willing to do a bet on who finishes higher in Big Ten play next year if you’re down.
Not entering the argument, but I’m curious who you have returning?

I think 3-5 Illinois could have huge upside. 1-2 depends on transfers and freshmen.

Hunter Dickinson, Eli Brooks, Davonte Jones, Moussa Diabate, Frankie Collins, Terrance Williams are all how we hoped they would to be a top 5 team.

Houstan has been great at home and bad on the road.

Brandon Johns is useless. Kobe Bufkin has shown flashes but is hardly in the rotation at this point if Jones is a go.

Might be too earlier though, both teams still shaking things out and it’s pre transfers.

Now you bet?

I offered you this bet:

more ncaa tournament wins in the Howard era: Izzo or Howard.

You really don’t think Izzo can catch Juwan eh? Yikes.

It’s gotta be weird for MSU fans to see all the coaches of Izzo’s era retiring. Especially when you consider this has been the worst two year stretch of Izzo’s career. The man turns 68 next year.
They’ll continue living in the past as if he was still guiding them to the final four.

Juwan, Underwood, and Painter are the top 3 coaches in the Big Ten right now.

Then you have Izzo, Gard, Holttman, and Fran.

They so badly want to consider him in that top tier, even though it’s just not true anymore.

You guys talk about Izzo like he’s Jim Boeheim. We won this conference in 2020 and went to the Final Four in 2019. That’s 2 and 3 years ago.

No ones doubting his history or legacy. But listen to Eminem and flash back to reality. He missed the field of 64 last year and lost in the first round this year. He’ll be 68 next season.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Unless St. Peter’s bomb away threes Friday , no way they can handle Purdue’s size....
They seemed to survive UK's size with Oscar....I know thats only ONE, but UK ain't exactly small. Purdue issue is gonna be dealing with their guards----quick, atheltic and can shoot. Purdue's had trouble keeping opposing guards in front of them, and out of the lane...

As my coach would say----"They gotta guard us too....."

I think Purdue wins, but no chance I;d bet against St. Peter's----those dudes can play.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
You guys talk about Izzo like he’s Jim Boeheim. We won this conference in 2020 and went to the Final Four in 2019. That’s 2 and 3 years ago.
3 years is a long time in college basketball and unless everyone comes back you guys won’t be a serious threat to win the conference next year.

That means you’ll be looking at a seed between 5-10 like this year. So basically in a couple years he will be Boeheim 2.0.

Why is it surprising? They foul constantly and their biggest dude that plays is 6'6 lol.
You are by far one of my fav Purdue posters----But brother, if IU shot 46 FT's to 12, you dude would be all over this shit....Hell, any team for that matter. Texas is aggressive--and they do foul. But Texas is also very aggressive on offense, and gets to the rack----For a team as bad as PU is defensively, especially with keeping opposing guards out of the lane-----its kinda of shocking the difference was 46-12. And I get it their biggest dude was 6'6", and very guard oriented----but they attack the rim..

Which leads to the fact that of the 46 FT's, only 16 were attempted by Edey(12) and Williams(4).

46-12 is a huge difference. But at the end of the day, the better team won.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
3 years is a long time in college basketball and unless everyone comes back you guys won’t be a serious threat to win the conference next year.

That means you’ll be looking at a seed between 5-10 like this year. So basically in a couple years he will be Boeheim 2.0.
We weren’t a serious threat until we were. Arguing about shit now is pointless. That’s why they play the games. Everything else is noise.

Reactions: MGC_07

I disagree but we shall see. Again it’s way too early. If MSU doesn’t properly address the bigs through the portal I don’t think we sniff the top 4 next year. If we land some really high level transfers I’d feel pretty good about a top 4 finish.

We don’t know the Super senior situation or the transfers in or out, so it’s too early to make a judgment.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
We weren’t a serious threat until we were. Arguing about shit now is pointless. That’s why they play the games. Everything else is noise.
Yeah, but Izzo not being a ‘real’ threat for 3 years straight when he was for 20 years is noteworthy.

He just isn’t in the same realm anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT