ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the voters care about those low expectations.
Maybe if you didn't trip over your dicks all year and would've met expectations you wouldn't have shared the title w/ a team projected to be 10th.

haters-hate.gif

Maybe if you didn't trip over your dicks all year and would've met expectations you wouldn't have shared the title w/ a team projected to be 10th.
Curbelo missed 14 games and Kofi missed 5 games, yet we still won the conference.

Pretty sure we weren’t predicted to win the conference either. (Well except by me🤪)

Curbelo missed 14 games and Kofi missed 5 games, yet we still won the conference.

Pretty sure we weren’t predicted to win the conference either. (Well except by me🤪)
This is my auto-response for the next 24 hours.

giphy.gif

I wasn’t under any false impression that the media would look under the cover at Johnny Davis, but there really isn’t any justification for it when you look at how inefficiently he performed and how mediocre his defense was. Very talented, but Kofi was the better player.

Yeah, that was the silliest pick to me. I think Geo Baker was a career award. I also didn't think McGowens deserved 3rd team. Dude put up big points but was inefficient and on a terrible team. And he didn't play in their biggest win.
Baker may go down as one of the most overrated B1G players in history, and that’s saying a lot. Not surprised he made it tho.

Brown making it is silly. He’s probably not even the best player on MSU.

Eli Brooks snubbed imo (no homer)
Houstan not making the all Frosh team is even sillier. (Double no homer)

I wasn’t under any false impression that the media would look under the cover at Johnny Davis, but there really isn’t any justification for it when you look at how inefficiently he performed and how mediocre his defense was. Very talented, but Kofi was the better player.
Murray is the best total player. And will justify it being the highest picked Big10 player in the NBA draft.

I'm guessing Diabate cannibalized Houstan's votes (even tho they shouldn't). I'd have had Houstan instead of Christie.

FNWLwyTXMAU2gxo

It's interesting to me that the two strangest selections were Spartans.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Diabate cannibalized Houstan's votes (even tho they shouldn't). I'd have had Houstan instead of Christie.

FNWLwyTXMAU2gxo

It's interesting to me that the two strangest selections were Spartans.
I was about to say that I thought Houstan was actually better than Diabate in conference play. This confirms it.

Baker may go down as one of the most overrated B1G players in history, and that’s saying a lot. Not surprised he made it tho.

Brown making it is silly. He’s probably not even the best player on MSU.

Eli Brooks snubbed imo (no homer)

I understand the Baker is overrated comment, but we won 3 games his frosh year and 33 the last three seasons. This wasn't a one year feel good story like Northwestern a few years back.

(IMO) Not the best player on this three year Rutgers climb from AWFUL to decent, but we don't have these last three years without him. Properly rated. 3rd team All-B1G is fair. Honorable mention would be fine too.

I understand the Baker is overrated comment, but we won three games his frosh year and 33 the last three years. (IMO) Not the best player on this three years Rutgers climb from AWFUL to decent, but we don't have these last three years without him. Properly rated. 3rd team All-B1G is fair. Honorable mention would be fine too.
I am more referring to the pre-season hype he seems to generate every season.

I have nothing but respect for the Rutgers program and what Pikiell has built.

37% is suspect?

Are you posting his FG%?

Because going to the hole, he is the best in the league. But his 3 point shooting is not very good.

At least in big games and moments.

I think all of PUs struggles go away if he starts shooting well from beyond the 3 point line.

Are you posting his FG%?

Because going to the hole, he is the best in the league. But his 3 point shooting is not very good.

At least in big games and moments.

I think all of PUs struggles go away if he starts shooting well from beyond the 3 point line.
Nah Purdues struggles start going away when they start playing better defense. They are pulling the Fran plan this year and having a potent offense with defense optional.

Nah Purdues struggles start going away when they start playing better defense. They are pulling the Fran plan this year and having a potent offense with defense optional.

I think it's all Jaden Ivey. Purdue has so many weapons, they don't need to play defense. Or I should say, they don't have to play the best defense to win.

They are going to have to eventually. The offense could carry them to a championship, but the defense could get them knocked out in the first weekend.

It might just be the Big 10 too. The way the games are called, it's hard to tell. The leagues officating blows. But yes, to win it all they will need to play better defense. But their offense could carry them to an elite 8 or Final Four.

Reactions: bMORE607
Our struggles start going away if we take care of the ball. TO’s is this teams Achilles heel, not defense.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Same here. These teams deserve one more game.

But at this point, we are all just beating each other up and hurting our seeding.

I think the teams that are in, are in. Indiana is the only one on the fence, IMO
Agree, Michigan should be a lock even if they lose to Indiana.

B1G is the only conference that plays 20 games… Why do that when it hurts seeding for the tourney?

All other conferences are only playing 18, thus there top teams lose less games and that’s why they are ranked higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT