ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been to either, but I’ll say you don’t want total new/NBA style OR total old school. The former has zero character (see OSU) and the latter might need improvements just to stay functional (see Indiana). I was extremely happy with Illinois’ renovation, as it blended the old, goofy aspects of Assembly Hall (flying saucer) with some new improvements (better layout and super nice luxury suites).

As far as “new” arenas go, I always thought Kohl looked pretty good on TV.

Inside the gym is lit because their fans are awesome and loud. Their student section roars.

But Michigan easily has a better concourse, bathrooms, chairs, etc. It’s so far from being a close comparison. And I accept that it’s because Crisler was newly renovated, but that doesn’t deter my point.

vs

5a5f96fe5d310.image.jpg
How old is that picture? 20 years?

I haven’t been to either, but I’ll say you don’t want total new/NBA style OR total old school. The former has zero character (see OSU) and the latter might need improvements just to stay functional (see Indiana). I was extremely happy with Illinois’ renovation, as it blended the old, goofy aspects of Assembly Hall (flying saucer) with some new improvements (better layout and super nice luxury suites).

As far as “new” arenas go, I always thought Kohl looked pretty good on TV.
Kohl is fine. It’s a new troll at least comparing a newly renovated arena to one that is 25 years old but whatever. Hail must be bored.

Fvck Providence.

It’s also interesting to see the difference in mask wearing place to place. Like 80% don’t bother in Champaign, Piscataway looked like 80% wore them, Northwestern was total 110% nerd alert mask police and literally NOBODY in Providence, RI is wearing one. Guessing it’s just arena to arena, but it’s still weird.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I’ll get some next Tuesday. Up to date not something when it first opened.

I mean, it won’t change my opinion. I’ve been to 3 games at Wisconsin. I just assumed most basketball arenas were that bare. You’ve got better fans, by far, and a better student section. We’ve got the better facilities. I don’t get why that makes too so defensive.

I mean, it won’t change my opinion. I’ve been to 3 games at Wisconsin. I just assumed most basketball arenas were that bare. You’ve got better fans, by far, and a better student section. We’ve got the better facilities. I don’t get why that makes too so defensive.
It’s just not an apples to apples comparison. It’s apples to spoiled apples. I’m surprised by the fan comment.

It’s just not an apples to apples comparison. It’s apples to spoiled apples. I’m surprised by the fan comment.

Michigan’s fans suck lol. Two younger guys about 18 were trying to find their row. Two 60s something guys yell at them “keep it moving”. So annoying. It’s a dead ball in the 1st half you’re not missing anything Jerry.

but there were probably 2,000 empty seats tonight. The seats I got for $45 today were $200 Sunday in Madison. Combination of Michigan sucking and checking vaccine status (I don’t think dude even looked at my phone tbh), but still.

Kohl is fine. It’s a new troll at least comparing a newly renovated arena to one that is 25 years old but whatever. Hail must be bored.

I just made a simple statement earlier. It was the first thing I noticed walking into the arena. You tried to act like it was a lie or something.

Michigan’s fans suck lol. Two younger guys about 18 were trying to find their row. Two 60s something guys yell at them “keep it moving”. So annoying. It’s a dead ball in the 1st half you’re not missing anything Jerry.

but there were probably 2,000 empty seats tonight. The seats I got for $45 today were $200 Sunday in Madison. Combination of Michigan sucking and checking vaccine status (I don’t think dude even looked at my phone tbh), but still.
Yea I’m a little shocked the lib****s in Madison didn’t have a vaccine pass. I wouldn’t buy a ticket again if they pulled that shit. **** em.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT