ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little homoboard material. This is 2023 Purdue commit Myles Colvin (Dad played in the NFL).

image.png

The number 1 issue with this team is they lack mental toughness IMO. No leaders, no one to weather the storm, just a bunch of dudes who don’t really care all that much.
And Malik Hall.

Honestly, I think the players are checking out on Izzo, right or wrong. That's the biggest issue.

Every time I see someone come off the court, they just have this "fed up" look when Izzo is giving them an earful.

Reactions: MGC_07 and jwardelt
I didn't say sh** about the NIT because of the fact that the NET loves us (for obvious reasons.......................)

You had them going 3-7 after the penn state loss and needing two wins in the BTT to get in:

True, but a win would've helped to alleviate some of the pressure on Iowa to steal a win against a better team in order to get in.

Iowa has very few games remaining that they'll be favored in (arguably 3 left out of 10 regular season games).

Say they win those and loss the rest. That'd leave them at 17-14 going into the Big Ten tourney.

Probably gonna need at least 2 wins in the BTT if they want to get in at that point, unless the bubble is as weak, or weaker, than last year's..........

We both know we would have been anywhere from a 4- to a 6-seed in 2020 with no NCAA cancellation; we finished ranked #21. If your point is (late) Weber and Groce were historical anomalies for Illini basketball with how bad they were and it took Underwood until year 3 to build us into a relevant program, then … agreed.
Very true----But weird. When I bring up that IU would have made the NCAAT had it not been cancelled, seems that discussion goes the other way.....

Underwood has done a very good job....Tough nosed. I like him.

@Nebraska - W
Northwestern - W
@Michigan - toss up
@IL - W

Who would have guessed we would be 23-8 or 22-9?

Oh yeah, me.

And Malik Hall.

Honestly, I think the players are checking out on Izzo, right or wrong. That's the biggest issue.

Every time I see someone come off the court, they just have this "fed up" look when Izzo is giving them an earful.
Malik Hall chose MSU over Purdue because he didn’t want to be leading guy at Purdue. Literally said he’d rather be role player around all that MSU talent. Well look how that’s turned out. Soft as baby shit.

That’s a really good observation. They seemed to be annoyed when Izzo is trying to coach them and rarely actually do better what he’s yelling at them about. His intensity really only works with kids who just as intense about getting better and winning. Clearly not this group.

You had them going 3-7 after the penn state loss and needing two wins in the BTT to get in:
First of all, speculation vs declaration......lol learn the difference.

Lastly, and I do mean lastly......

I wholeheartedly appreciate you coming to the defense of Iowa to make sure the record gets set straight about how good a team we really ARE. ;)

You are a true Iowa fan, and your former team will miss you dearly.

Pshh. Iowa is 5-23 in Champaign in my lifetime, and 4 of those came during Groce’s disaster and the messy aftermath.

Ain’t happenin’. ;) Good win tonight, though!
It probably should though, if we're trying to get the universe perfectly balanced once again.

An Iowa win in Champagne would right a lot of wrongs in the world right now.......

But then again, leave it to Illinois to continue to do the wrong thing. ;)

Reactions: hawkit3113
That’s a really good observation. They seemed to be annoyed when Izzo is trying to coach them and rarely actually do better what he’s yelling at them about. His intensity really only works with kids who just as intense about getting better and winning. Clearly not this group.

The toughest teams to watch and be a fan of.

Last edited:

Or the last group.

First of all, speculation vs declaration......lol learn the difference.

Lastly, and I do mean lastly......

I wholeheartedly appreciate you coming to the defense of Iowa to make sure the record gets set straight about how good a team we really ARE. ;)

You are a true Iowa fan, and your former team will miss you dearly.
Happy to help, lunatic

Which players do you think checked out? All of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT