ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad he’s like a monkey ****ing a football when he’s trying to catch the damn ball or make a move on offense. He’s had his moments for sure. We don’t win a coupe games without him. I was hoping for more from Neath but he’s been derailed by injury and illness. Could improve next year if he gets healthy.
Vogt will never be a huge offensive star, but he’s a solid low usage guy.

Need guys like that

Makes sense, think Grandison is will do the same.

Not making enough in NIL to be convinced?

Need some cohesion within the personnel if Indiana wants to make a run next year
1. There are some that probably aren’t wanted back.

2. They aren’t TJD, so making $50k-$75k I’m sure isn’t enough.

I still think this team is better than what they have shown the last 5 games. Very poor offensive coaching.

Just hard to see a 3rd year player staying after getting no PT after the halfway point.

I think Loyer will be good in time and potentially better than Sasha, but freshman Loyer won’t be close to Senior Sasha.

I could see Purdue taking 2 guards and a 5 (depending what Edey does) in the portal.

Only way we take a 5 is if Edey leaves IMO. We have a 7’2 dude coming in plus Furst will probably get some back-up minutes at the 5 next year.

Only way we take a 5 is if Edey leaves IMO. We have a 7’2 dude coming in plus Furst will probably get some back-up minutes at the 5 next year.
That’s why I said depending on Edey’s decision. It would be hard to imagine the 7’2” guy will have an instant impact like Edey, but it’s Painter’s specialty.

We are bad at shooting but generally not dumb. It makes a difference.
Huge difference.....And Wisky is always smart with the ball. Up 4 with 59 seconds to go----you have to close that out.

Aggravating.....Up 22 at your place....Up 66-61 vs you dudes with 3 to go, and get outscored, 13-3...Up 8 at NW....Up double digits at Iowa.....Then tonight. Heck of a comeback. But at winning time, we don't make good decisons----panic.

Good example is Race's pass to TJD. Horrible. As a 14th year senior, you cannot make that pass. Then Race comes up to high on defense, leaves baseline wide opne, easy pass for game-tying dunk....That is just bad, bad basketball.

Up two with 40 seconds, and TJD never touches the ball....End up with a forced three.

Is what it is.....Got some dudes coming in. But, ya know, who knows. We are 16-10, and could easily be 19-7. But just don't have that killer instinct----and to boot, we are dumb as ****.

Reactions: jwardelt
That’s why I said depending on Edey’s decision. It would be hard to imagine the 7’2” guy will have an instant impact like Edey, but it’s Painter’s specialty.

Can’t remember where it was posted but there was something about Painter traveling the globe going from village to village to find the next 7 footer lol.

1. There are some that probably aren’t wanted back.

2. They aren’t TJD, so making $50k-$75k I’m sure isn’t enough.

I still think this team is better than what they have shown the last 5 games. Very poor offensive coaching.
Race or XJ aren’t getting kicked to the curb. So Stewart?

$75k+, housing paid for, free food, and playing basketball all day? You’d be crazy to pass that up unless you have something lucrative lined up

Offense has been brutal. Haven’t hit 70 this month…

Race or XJ aren’t getting kicked to the curb. So Stewart?

$75k+, housing paid for, free food, and playing basketball all day? You’d be crazy to pass that up unless you have something lucrative lined up

Offense has been brutal. Haven’t hit 70 this month…
Lol why would Race get kicked to the curb? I think Kopp and Durr are the seniors that likely wouldn’t have the option to come back.

The alumni connections these guys get leads to lucrative jobs right out of school. Then you also have to continue going to class/practice every day. I mean how many hours are they putting in a week to get the $75k plus other benefits? Could be easy 6 figures on a 40 hour work week.

Lol why would Race get kicked to the curb? I think Kopp and Durr are the seniors that likely wouldn’t have the option to come back.

The alumni connections these guys get leads to lucrative jobs right out of school. Then you also have to continue going to class/practice every day. I mean how many hours are they putting in a week to get the $75k plus other benefits? Could be easy 6 figures on a 40 hour work week.
Could they not get a similar 6 figure job the next year? Or are they just burnt out on playing?

No apologies to Gard.

How fun would a UM/UW big ten tournament game be this year?
Especially since it might be Howard’s first/second game back. Considering the crowd will be disproportionately Indiana/Purdue/Illinois/MSU/OSU fans (going off history in Indy), he’s gonna get showered with boos at the BTT.

Could they not get a similar 6 figure job the next year? Or are they just burnt out on playing?
They could, but why go through 100+ hour weeks (school/practice/travel) when you could work a 9-5 and make more money?

Purdue has 3 Seniors that have the opportunity to use their Covid year that have already turned it down. Illinois is an outlier as far as having a team full of players using their 5th year.

FMKtzMXXsAACtUh
Not sure fisting is listed in the rule book as a foul

Especially since it might be Howard’s first/second game back. Considering the crowd will be disproportionately Indiana/Purdue/Illinois/MSU/OSU fans (going off history in Indy), he’s gonna get showered with boos at the BTT.
Boos are child’s play. I think that big ten student sections will not let him forget this incident and will try to get under his skin every away game for him. Which doesn’t seem like a hard thing to do.

Think you're overestimating the every player can make 6 figures out of college thing.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Think you're overestimating the every player can make 6 figures out of college thing.
I can think of 3 examples off the top of my head who I know we’re making that right out of college. 2 IU players and 1 from Purdue. All 3 received jobs well above their experience.

Huge difference.....And Wisky is always smart with the ball. Up 4 with 59 seconds to go----you have to close that out.

Aggravating.....Up 22 at your place....Up 66-61 vs you dudes with 3 to go, and get outscored, 13-3...Up 8 at NW....Up double digits at Iowa.....Then tonight. Heck of a comeback. But at winning time, we don't make good decisons----panic.

Good example is Race's pass to TJD. Horrible. As a 14th year senior, you cannot make that pass. Then Race comes up to high on defense, leaves baseline wide opne, easy pass for game-tying dunk....That is just bad, bad basketball.

Up two with 40 seconds, and TJD never touches the ball....End up with a forced three.

Is what it is.....Got some dudes coming in. But, ya know, who knows. We are 16-10, and could easily be 19-7. But just don't have that killer instinct----and to boot, we are dumb as ****.
Boy, rough night for Indiana. Lose to a team Iowa handled in the same venue, and then they get swept in basketball by the Iowa men and women as the Hoosier women drop consecutive games to lower ranked Iowa.

Hard times indeed............... :cool:

Just because....

FBmPAG3XMAc1M7P
Just looked the poster up, and this is a fraction of his post from 5 days ago:

"Look. Wisconsin's players are worse than IU's. Michigan State's are worse than IU's. Ohio State's are worse than IU's. NW's are waaaay worse than IU's. Syracuse's are Waaaaaaaaaay worse than IU's.
The common factor is that IU hired the same coach twice."

"Look. Wisconsin's players are worse than IU's. Michigan State's are worse than IU's. Ohio State's are worse than IU's. NW's are waaaay worse than IU's. Syracuse's are Waaaaaaaaaay worse than IU's.
Here's another galaxy brained idea of his:

"Look. I'm a fan of college basketball. I'm a fan of systems that produce beneficial reproducible results.

Crean was not a head basketball coach. He is a brilliant mind at offensive basketball. If IU could hire him next year (or next week for that matter) he would be a great hire as an assistant coach in charge of offense. He couldn't administer the program. He couldn't recruit. He couldn't handle the media. He wasn't good as an in-game coach. But he could install great offense and he did player development brilliantly. Just look at how many of his players made the NBA?

Matta or Fife should be head coach. Woodson should be in charge of defense. Crean in charge of offense. Ya in charge of recruiting.
I think IU would be great."

Here's another galaxy brained idea of his:

"Look. I'm a fan of college basketball. I'm a fan of systems that produce beneficial reproducible results.

Crean was not a head basketball coach. He is a brilliant mind at offensive basketball. If IU could hire him next year (or next week for that matter) he would be a great hire as an assistant coach in charge of offense. He couldn't administer the program. He couldn't recruit. He couldn't handle the media. He wasn't good as an in-game coach. But he could install great offense and he did player development brilliantly. Just look at how many of his players made the NBA?

Matta or Fife should be head coach. Woodson should be in charge of defense. Crean in charge of offense. Ya in charge of recruiting.
I think IU would be great."
Ha. So in 4 months, Woody went from being the best coach in the B1G to he should be an assistant on Fife's staff.

Classic!

Purdue should be playing a Juwan Howard-less Michigan today. Unfortunately his COVID ducking may have cost Purdue a 1 seed in the process with unbalanced schedule they caused. Oh well. You reap what you sow. Enjoy the view from the couch you fraud.

Purdue should be playing a Juwan Howard-less Michigan today. Unfortunately his COVID ducking may have cost Purdue a 1 seed in the process with unbalanced schedule they caused. Oh well. You reap what you sow. Enjoy the view from the couch you fraud.

Underperforming, ducking games, then punching opposing coaches and starting riots. Lol. Michigan is a hot mess.

How can you tell which loser wrote that garbage?

Reactions: hawkit3113
Lol you are still crying about this . I never realized how soft Purdue fans are

So embarrassing

Lol you are still crying about this . I never realized how soft Purdue fans are

So embarrassing
Juwan showing his true colors throughout the season culminating in the Hell In A Cell in Madison on Sunday. What an embarrassment for the Big Ten and for Michigan. Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT