***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caught up to the thread just now and this hits the nail on the bed. Literally sht going back and forth about the definition of “stretch”.
I still don’t know why the other Purdue fans got involved. Y’all want to harp on other people trolling or shit posting, but turn the other cheek when your own do the same thing.

I still don’t know why the other Purdue fans got involved. Y’all want to harp on other people trolling or shit posting, but turn the other cheek when your own do the same thing.
Because they disagreed with your interpretation. Why do you always get involved in discussions with Hail and vice versa?

Because they disagreed with your interpretation. Why do you always get involved in discussions with Hail and vice versa?
I mean, I get involved in discussions with several people here. Y’all want to act above the fray, but today is a classic example of Purdue fans getting involved in their typical shit posting. I’m really looking forward to when they blame everything on me or Hail. Lol. My posts just seem to trigger Purdue fans, regardless of topic.

Definitely, Fremont Summer Ale and Lush IPA are my favorites out here, I have spent many hours on their patio overlooking lake Union with my kids and dog. Georgetown also makes some great beer.
I’m jealous. Our head distiller’s uncle is a VP for Yakima Valley Hops and he goes out about once a year and he introduced me to that beer. I hope to get out there someday.

Reactions: theetommyt
I mean, I get involved in discussions with several people here. Y’all want to act above the fray, but today is a classic example of Purdue fans getting involved in their typical shit posting. I’m really looking forward to when they blame everything on me or Hail. Lol. My posts just seem to trigger Purdue fans, regardless of topic.
I think there are those that have the opinion that you are as big of a shtposter as anyone here. Most of the time, we will all have to just agree to disgree.

I think there are those that have the opinion that you are as big of a shtposter as anyone here. Most of the time, we will all have to just agree to disgree.
Problem with that is I don’t try and deny my trolling/shit posting. Several of the Purdue guys here, do.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I’m jealous. Our head distiller’s uncle is a VP for Yakima Valley Hops and he goes out about once a year and he introduced me to that beer. I hope to get out there someday.
I do some home brew out here, and it never fails to turn out above average to great. It's seriously the fresh hops and grains that are available. I just follow internet instructions.

Reactions: boilerzz
I’ve barely watched any nfl this year but damn that was a fun first drive.
You must not play fantasy, which does skew things quite a bit, especially if you play in more than one league. Lucky for me, the only player I have on either of these teams is James White in my big money league, and I didn’t start him this week, so I am watching purely as a football fan right now.

You must not play fantasy, which does skew things quite a bit, especially if you play in more than one league. Lucky for me, the only player I have on either of these teams is James White in my big money league, and I didn’t start him this week, so I am watching purely as a football fan right now.
I play in one fantasy league per year but just don’t watch much NFL. Catch the occasional Sunday/Monday night games but am normally doing something on Sunday’s. Went snow shoeing today, next Sunday will be my first ski day of the year :cool:

Last edited:
giphy.gif

@Noahtogo24

Little story from last nights game. Patrick Richard the Ravens FB/DT is from Massachusetts(which I didn’t know at the time) and bought the small section of single game tickets in front of us for family and friends. Well some of them video taped parts of the game and lets just say they have me and my buddy on video saying how much Brady loves male genitalia in and around his mouth especially the refs’. Looking back it made sense why they had Patriots shit on, but also had Ravens stuff with Richard’s name.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SNU0821
He’s not going to redshirt because he’s literally the only backup 4 we have. I get it you’re from New Castle but Painter & staff would be actively pursuing a grad transfer forward if they didn’t think Gillis could contribute this year. I’ll trust the coaching staff over some New Castle local. Sorry.
Well if he’s redshirting then you better tell Painter so he can start recruiting another forward for this season.
Sht, this just means that Gillis will now come flying out of the gate and be the biggest surprise on our team. I feel better already.
Probably just need 8-10 minutes out of him. The fact that Painter and staff aren’t going hard after a grad transfer forward tells me they’re confident he can contribute some next season.
He should be fully cleared by June giving him 5-6 months to ramp up. I think that’ll give him enough time to play a handful of meaningful minutes per game off the bench as opposed to bringing another guy in.
Yeah I agree with that. I don’t think much is going to be asked of him this year & like you said I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit to get out there. He’s also a guy that would have zero% chance of redshirting this year for Purdue based on talent and team need. So if the player and coaching staff feel good enough about his health, I’m all for it.
Mason Gillis is a back-up 4 and Brandon Newman or Stefanovich can play the 3.
I wonder if Purdue fans have any thoughts on this now?....

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-boilermakers-basketball-redshirt-decisions-being-made

Is He going to be the back 4 bases on reports?

I think he's practiced exclusively at the 4. Maybe he improved his agility a bit in the offseason but I'm skeptical of his ability to guard the better stretch 4's.

Without that move, there is no way Gillis would be a redshirt possibility.

I'm not proud of this, but I'm currently watching Tulsa play Houston Baptist. 5 1/2 more hours. Mercy.

Gillis looked confident in the exhibition but I think EB knows the system and being healthy may just be able to hold his own. Tre will slide to the four some as well or Haarms when they are both in, I’m not sure which or even if it matters. One of them will guard the opposing four I suppose and although not ideal, for spurts it could work.
The bottom line is Painter has a lot of options this year and redshirting a player or two is one of them.

Gillis looked confident in the exhibition but I think EB knows the system and being healthy may just be able to hold his own. Tre will slide to the four some as well or Haarms when they are both in, I’m not sure which or even if it matters. One of them will guard the opposing four I suppose and although not ideal, for spurts it could work.
The bottom line is Painter has a lot of options this year and redshirting a player or two is one of them.
The only reason I posted it was because I got railed on by Purdue posters in May when I said I thought Gillis would redshirt. As it turns out...

The only reason I posted it was because I got railed on by Purdue posters in May when I said I thought Gillis would redshirt. As it turns out...
Glad to be wrong in this case. Means Boudreaux made some significant strides to be able to be in this position. We rail on you because you won’t admit that you’re NCtrojan & you welch on bets.

Glad to be wrong in this case. Means Boudreaux made some significant strides to be able to be in this position. We rail on you because you won’t admit that you’re NCtrojan & you welch on bets.
No you railed on me, because you were certain there was no possible way Gillis could redshirt. You were wrong.

Your opinion of who I am means nothing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT