ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

So much more fun to watch than when Crean was here. Even when we get down, we seem to be able to play good defense and claw ourselves back in. Agreed that it was a great game.

Tonight we saw not just 2 of the best young coaches in the conference, but 2 of the best coaches in the conference period. Those 2 are the real deal.

No no no I’m assured it’s just crazy Purdue fans conjuring up conspiracy theories!
Yup. All those guys who chose other programs really wanted to go to Purdue but they weren’t able to get in because the couldn’t cut it academically. After all, Purdue is at the Ivy League level. Lulz.

Oh, and speaking of next year, I wouldnt be looking forward to that if I were you...

ksxrEInG_400x400.jpg

Yup. All those guys who chose other programs really wanted to go to Purdue but they weren’t able to get in because the couldn’t cut it academically. After all, Purdue is at the Ivy League level. Lulz.

Now you’re being ridiculous. You’re better than this.

I am not going to get worked up about potential deals that never happened. Of course Dawkins was fishing for deals.

Bowen didn’t end up at Indiana and neither Thomas Bryant or OG signed with ASM
You guys were doing shady shit. Whether it's now or in the past, works out with a recruit or doesn't, it hardly matters. Can't respect a program like that considering there are programs out there that do it the right way. I will say there's not enough stuff out about Indiana to say anything definitive but MSU is clearly a dirty program with all this smoke.

You guys were doing shady shit. Whether it's now or in the past, works out with a recruit or doesn't, it hardly matters. Can't respect a program like that considering there are programs out there that do it the right way. I will say there's not enough stuff out about Indiana to say anything definitive but MSU is clearly a dirty program with all this smoke.
Yup. And the Swanigan recruitment was clean, I’m sure of it...

Purdue might be the only one after this.

You don’t have a clue what Indiana was or wasn’t doing and neither do I. What I do know is nothing of that proposal came to fruition

Except that isn’t what it said.

Its actually exactly what it said. You must have skimmed over it:

He dangles a high school prospect – five-star recruit Brian Bowen – as potential trade bait for schools to steer their best players to ASM Sports. On the same July day, Dawkins wrote to Miller that he connected with two Big Ten assistants, Dwayne Stephens of Michigan State and Chuck Martin, formerly of Indiana.

The email recounts the interactions from Dawkins’ perspective:

“Dwayne Stephens – Trying to close the deal on Brian Bowen for Michigan State. Trying to do a trade deal for (Spartans) Gary Harris, Miles Bridges, etc”

“Chuck Martin – Trying to close the deal on Brian Bowen for Indiana. I told him if we can work together and if he can push for us to get (Hoosiers) Thomas Bryant and OG Anunoby two projected first rounders from IU this year we can work something out.”

Purdue might be the only one after this.

You don’t have a clue what Indiana was or wasn’t doing and neither do I

Did you read the article? Here it is again, one of your former assistant coaches.

“Chuck Martin – Trying to close the deal on Brian Bowen for Indiana. I told him if we can work together and if he can push for us to get (Hoosiers) Thomas Bryant and OG Anunoby two projected first rounders from IU this year we can work something out.”

That's fvcking shady shit. So, yeah, we kind of have an idea of what Indiana was doing.

Did you read the article? Here it is again, one of your former assistant coaches.

That's fvcking shady shit. So, yeah, we kind of have an idea of what Indiana was doing.
Apparently we’re really good consider none of those things happened.

Oh I read it but it doesn’t say IU proposed that deal. Dawkins did. Doesn’t say anything about IU responding
Yeah that's how I read it. I don't like Indiana getting mentioned for sure, and any power 5 caught up somehow wouldn't surprise me. This bit of info alone does not implicate Indiana under Tom Crean.

Reactions: klize17
I mean seriously, I dont think its an exaggeration to think many of the contenders this year might get banned from the tournament.

The one thing working for them is time. NCAA may not have time to investigate and ban before the tournament(nor does it make business sense todo that)

Reactions: klize17

I did and I am not reading it as a negoation. Maybe it was

You’ll be a bubble team. Not really something to pound your chest about.

That’s your opinion. Purdue could be a bubble team, they could be a tournament team, or they could be worse. But with a front runner for BPOY, I like our chances.

I mean seriously, I dont think its an exaggeration to think many of the contenders this year might get banned from the tournament.

The one thing working for them is time. NCAA may not have time to investigate and ban before the tournament(nor does it make business sense todo that)

I think you’ll see the firings and suspended players first before bans by the NCAA

Reactions: SNU0821
That’s your opinion. Purdue could be a bubble team, they could be a tournament team, or they could be worse. But with a front runner for BPOY, I like our chances.
He’ll be one of the front runners for BTPOY, but Morgan will be right up there too. The only difference is we have a better supporting cast, don’t lose as much and bring in a better recruiting class and that’s before Romeo decides (one way or another). You guys lose most of your scoring and four senior starters. I wouldnt be real optimistic if I were you.

Honestly are we readying the same thing? What are you talking about?

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17
He’ll be one of the front runners for BTPOY, but Morgan will be right up there too. The only difference is we have a better supporting cast, don’t lose as much and bring in a better recruiting class and that’s before Romeo decides (one way or another). You guys lose most of your scoring and four senior starters. I wouldnt be real optimistic if I were you.

Neither would I. I expect Purdue to take a pretty good dive next year.

A rival fan hoping and wishing
Didn't even think once about Indiana being implicated until I read the article and yes I got somewhat of an orgasm thinking Indiana could go down with the rest of the college basketball slime. If your rival was cheating you'd like to see them go down in flames too.

ADVERTISEMENT