ADVERTISEMENT

OAD poll

Not just your personal feelings, but what you think is the best chance at winning championships.

• Total voters
Not that comes to mind.
In today’s game, you need some experience to win. Duke is collection of immense talent but all the pieces need more time to realize it. You guys had 3 tight games that could go either way in a row. You could have just as easily loss to UCF as you could have beat MSU. In recent close games, Zion pulled out two key wins that I can think of (UNC and UCF).

Where would you have been without Z thus year?

Any indication K will back off the huge recruiting classes? Try to develop a more traditional team?
The answer is NO.

The NBA dictates which and how many players are available for the college teams. Why would any coach turn down a top player? What is he supposed to do, not recruit the best and sign a guy with half the talent?

Coach K and Coach Cal are playing the game based on the rules that the NBA and NCAA lay down.

Every blockbuster OAD is a deal with the devil, especially if you have a lot of them the year prior. Either have to replace OAD with an OAD or replace player with lesser talent and take a hit the next season. At some point, either the next freshman class won’t have enough talent in the pool to replenish your OAD’s or even if they do exist, they still have to commit to your school over others. Either way, your system will crash eventually.

Even if the system changes to let players go right out of HS, if they can still leave after year 1, the same pattern will be there.

At UK, the problem is the 2 who think they are 1 and done. If Hagans is a 1 and Done, I'm a astronaut!
I can't wait till it's over

I dont believe any rational fan thinks this is the best way to go. Rafters is of course absurd today. People wanting Cal fired, and people with pitchforks ready to hang anyone who criticozes him.

There are obvious problems with this philosophy that can be solved. Cal seems to be getting too stubborn to do it though.

Reactions: bkingUK
Having a bunch of one and dones is a good thing. The problem is Cam and RJ were both far worse than there RSCI suggested, RJ put up some counting stats but was by far Duke's weak link defensively and had mediocre efficiency. Cam struggled in all areas offensively

ADVERTISEMENT