ADVERTISEMENT

Nova, MSU, Duke

We went through this same song and dance when UK came roaring back vs WVU. They've looked better in the past few games but who have they really played?

Given both defenses are very good to elite, I don't see UK being able to keep up with Duke offensively.

Duke is #47 in the country in 3P FG% and UK is #200.
Duke is #22 in the country in 2P FG% and UK is #144.
Sure, fair point. That was for one half, though. This has been three games. Its almost March, running out of time if they haven't hit their stride yet. I also have admitted Duke is better than UK and should be favored. It shouldn't surprise anyone if UK were to win this match up, though.

Sure, fair point. That was for one half, though. This has been three games. Its almost March, running out of time if they haven't hit their stride yet. I also have admitted Duke is better than UK and should be favored. It shouldn't surprise anyone if UK were to win this match up, though.
Agreed it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Your small ball lineup can definitely cause some teams problems especially in the turnover department.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Yep, be prepared to rock this avatar after the national championship game on April 3rd.

usatsi_9671950-copy.jpg
Well that would suck.

Duke is especially strange when you look at Kenpom. They blow a lot of the other top teams away, in terms of rankings... #3 offense and #7 defense? That is SO damn solid. Most of the other top teams are really good in one category but only top 30 or so (or worse!) in the other. Is Duke better than they seem? Or have they found a way to throw Kenpom off?

Duke is especially strange when you look at Kenpom. They blow a lot of the other top teams away, in terms of rankings... #3 offense and #7 defense? That is SO damn solid. Most of the other top teams are really good in one category but only top 30 or so (or worse!) in the other. Is Duke better than they seem? Or have they found a way to throw Kenpom off?
What's UNC ranked in offense and defense? Because they blew your doors off last night. Final score doesn't properly describe the one sidedness.

What's UNC ranked in offense and defense? Because they blew your doors off last night. Final score doesn't properly describe the one sidedness.

4th on offense, 34 on d. Not sure about “blew the doors off”... winning by five after your opponents pg goes down with an injury where he then didn’t score in the entire is “beat” territory, not “blow door off” territory. And final score is what matters.

But that’s why I brought it up... Dukes Kenpom ratings are fantastic but they’ve had some losses that seem pretty off. So does that mean Kenpom is a bit off, or does it mean that we could see Duke do big things in the tourney? I tend to think Kenpom is off, but he usually isn’t...

And it wasn’t a Duke fan who did the most recent disappearance... it was a UK fan.

Reactions: Quavarius
4th on offense, 34 on d. Not sure about “blew the doors off”... winning by five after your opponents pg goes down with an injury where he then didn’t score in the entire is “beat” territory, not “blow door off” territory. And final score is what matters.

But that’s why I brought it up... Dukes Kenpom ratings are fantastic but they’ve had some losses that seem pretty off. So does that mean Kenpom is a bit off, or does it mean that we could see Duke do big things in the tourney? I tend to think Kenpom is off, but he usually isn’t...

And it wasn’t a Duke fan who did the most recent disappearance... it was a UK fan.
I think it just means that Duke can be really good, but have somewhat frequent off nights.

Rankings like that favor teams that win by very high margins. Duke has blown out a ton of teams this year. Their offense has started getting worse during this run while their defense has improved bigtime. There is no way it's the 7th best defense in the country as KenPom has it though. North Carolina would have had 100 points if they weren't so cold in shooting open shots.
I would say Duke has some weird losses (like literally every single team in the country) and that Duke could easily win it all or lose in the first round (again, like every team in the country almost).

Those three teams are, in fact, the top 3 seeds...in the East - according to Joey’s latest bracketology.

That would be unfair to Nova.

Reactions: HawksJ
@bignish, last chance before the brackets come out. You in for a hundo?
I didn't want to agree to the bet before the bracket came out since it was possible all 3 teams are on the same side which would make it a stupid bet.

I"ll replace MSU with UVA though and take UVA, Duke and Villanova vs the field.

You in for a $100? Loser venmo's/PayPals the winner after the title game.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
Rankings like that favor teams that win by very high margins. Duke has blown out a ton of teams this year. Their offense has started getting worse during this run while their defense has improved bigtime. There is no way it's the 7th best defense in the country as KenPom has it though. North Carolina would have had 100 points if they weren't so cold in shooting open shots.
I would say Duke has some weird losses (like literally every single team in the country) and that Duke could easily win it all or lose in the first round (again, like every team in the country almost).
I honestly don’t know what to expect from us.Just when I think we have turned the corner the bottom drops out.

I didn't want to agree to the bet before the bracket came out since it was possible all 3 teams are on the same side which would make it a stupid bet.

I"ll replace MSU with UVA though and take UVA, Duke and Villanova vs the field.

You in for a $100? Loser venmo's/PayPals the winner after the title game.

Lol, are you fvcking kidding? You stated you would take the 3 against the field and then backed out? Pathetic to say, we’ll, now, I change my mind based on the brackets. Just pathetic. You were offered the bet based on your statement and failed to put your money where your mouth was.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Lol, are you fvcking kidding? You stated you would take the 3 against the field and then backed out? Pathetic to say, we’ll, now, I change my mind based on the brackets. Just pathetic. You were offered the bet based on your statement and failed to put your money where your mouth was.
Wait, are you serious? You need to know what the brackets are before making a bet like that. I made this thread to express that I thought Nova, Duke and MSU were the 3 most well rounded teams in the country. I would have made this bet had they been in separate brackets.

As is stands, only MSU or Duke can get past the Sweet 16 and only one of my teams can even be in the final since they're all on the same side of the bracket.

I'm sorry you're offended I wasn't willing to make a random wild gamble before seeing the actual brackets.

Again, I'm willing to do Nova/Duke/UVA over the field if you're up for it for $100.

If not, no big deal.

Wait, are you serious? You need to know what the brackets are before making a bet like that. I made this thread to express that I thought Nova, Duke and MSU were the 3 most well rounded teams in the country. I would have made this bet had they been in separate brackets.

As is stands, only MSU or Duke can get past the Sweet 16 and only one of my teams can even be in the final since they're all on the same side of the bracket.

I'm sorry you're offended I wasn't willing to make a random wild gamble before seeing the actual brackets.

Again, I'm willing to do Nova/Duke/UVA over the field if you're up for it for $100.

If not, no big deal.
We're still on for the off season avatar bet right? We agreed right? I remember us agreeing without stipulations. Those three vs the field.

Considering all 3 teams were in the same side of the bracket, I’d only have 1 going to the FF no matter what anyway.

I’ve got the team with Jalen Brunson, I like my chances.
Could have had two, but I get your point.

There's nothing worse than being at the mercy of Duke fans celebrating a Villanova championship.

1FTX.gif
I actually took the field against a guy who picked 4 teams and lost thanks to Nova so I owe him 18 holes and dinner. This is just barely making up for it.

ADVERTISEMENT