ADVERTISEMENT

Notice of Allegations for 6+ schools coming

Bleacher report is about as credible as Barstool Sports.

Would lay $1000 down you wouldn't be saying that if that article was about Coach K, Pitino, Roy, Duke, UNC, KU, Self, etc. any of those.

Would lay $1000 down you wouldn't be saying that if that article was about Coach K, Pitino, Roy, Duke, UNC, KU, Self, etc. any of those.
I've been more than generous to all the potentially named schools in this thread. You'd owe me 1000$ bc I don't read anything BR or Barstool. I do however watch Barstool Pizza reviews.

You're way more the trolling personality on this board than I am. I usually always take my bias out of the equation when posting on here, except for a few special personalities.

I've been more than generous to all the potentially named schools in this thread. You'd owe me 1000$ bc I don't read anything BR or Barstool. I do however watch Barstool Pizza reviews.

You're way more the trolling personality on this board than I am. I usually always take my bias out of the equation when posting on here, except for a few special personalities.

Yeah well you're last couple threads on here definitely no bias at all

You gotta figure the 6 comes from the list below?

Louisville
Arizona
LSU
Kansas
Creighton
USC
NC State
South Carolina
Auburn
Purdue

Louisville
Arizona
LSU
Kansas
Creighton
USC
NC State
South Carolina
Auburn
Purdue

Serious Q, do Indiana fans have any fear that their coach has been given some lessons by his older brother?

I don’t know Louisville’s allegations so can’t speak to them. Nor do I have anything to bash UK on. We all just assume Cal is running it dirty given his past where he did get busted. And the crop of talent he’s gotten

why do you and some others assume he is dirty despite the fact that he has never been "busted" as you say for anything
as a matter-of-fact the NCAA is on record saying that he was not at fault

some of you people really need to educate yourself on stuff before you say things that make you look ignorant

Louisville
Arizona
LSU
Kansas
Creighton
USC
NC State
South Carolina
Auburn
Purdue

Definitely not Auburn. They weren’t involved in anything recruiting wise and actually sat the players in question who were steered to an agent for a whole season. (Bama, LSU, KU, UA, etc didn’t) The NCAA cleared them over a year ago...

NCAA rules now make head coaches responsible for wrongdoing within their program.

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox said.

The NCAA had held off on investigations, he said, at the request of the government until the trials were concluded.

"So now that's it over, we're going to be moving forward with a number of Level I cases that will help people realize that, 'Yeah, the enforcement staff was in a position to move forward,'" Wilcox said.

They could be more restrictive or less restrictive," Wilcox said. "I wouldn't want to be the first institution to go through that process.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...fied-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

Definitely not Auburn. They weren’t involved in anything recruiting wise and actually sat the players in question who were steered to an agent for a whole season. (Bama, LSU, KU, UA, etc didn’t) The NCAA cleared them over a year ago...

Kansas sat players. Preston/DeSousa. Do you not remember? Not sure about Bama, LSU, UA.

A LOT of buttholes are puckering right now...going to be pretty crazy to see how this whole thing plays out.

Schools/NCAA just need to pay the damn kids and get on with life.

Kansas sat players. Preston/DeSousa. Do you not remember? Not sure about Bama, LSU, UA.

It won't matter if you sat them or not. In Preston's case it was over an alleged traffic accident. Its about the recruiting process.... Not about what you did afterwards gets you off the hook.

Reactions: olsonab
It won't matter if you sat them or not. In Preston's case it was over an alleged traffic accident. Its about the recruiting process.... Not about what you did afterwards gets you off the hook.
I think thats where the federal court prosecuting adidas and finding Kansas as a victim will help us.

I think thats where the federal court prosecuting adidas and finding Kansas as a victim will help us.

It'll be interesting how this process works out. NCAA using an outside agency to rule and being in a whole new territory. I think it depends on how they view Self's tape and texts if they have them. Townsend is your biggest problem.

Those can be viewed as removing KU from the victim angle you suggested.

It'll be interesting how this process works out. NCAA using an outside agency to rule and being in a whole new territory. I think it depends on how they view Self's tape and texts if they have them. Townsend is your biggest problem.

Those can be viewed as removing KU from the victim angle you suggested.
I think Self is in the clear b/c the only thing they have concerning him is the texts with Gassnola--which were very vague. The only question is it punishable to be talking with him at all.
Townsend convo at face value isn't 100% damning, but it obviously doesn't look good. Thank God he only said "if thats what it takes to get him here for 10 months we need to find a way to work it out" instead of point blank asking for money to make it happen. Could have been much worse. Its good they cant use the tape and can only question Towsend---which he could easily say he meant they needed to find "another way" to convince zion. I mean....can they really punish on hearsay and speculation---not to mention that cant even use the info on the tape. Couldn't KT say that the tape they ask him about cut out context and basically deny that the convo even took place---bc technically there isn't useable proof it did? There is no doubt Zions camp was asking for money and there is no doubt multiple schools were working behind the scenes to satisfy every demand. I think adidas was in the process of trying to get it done and somebody beat them to it. I also think KT knew "without" knowing what it meant to tell Code "if that what it takes we need to find a way to get it done"
( meaning: make it happen adidas)

Reactions: schoonerwest
I think Self is in the clear b/c the only thing they have concerning him is the texts with Gassnola--which were very vague. The only question is it punishable to be talking with him at all.
Townsend convo at face value isn't 100% damning, but it obviously doesn't look good. Thank God he only said "if thats what it takes to get him here for 10 months we need to find a way to work it out" instead of point blank asking for money to make it happen. Could have been much worse. Its good they cant use the tape and can only question Towsend---which he could easily say he meant they needed to find "another way" to convince zion. I mean....can they really punish on hearsay and speculation---not to mention that cant even use the info on the tape. Couldn't KT say that the tape they ask him about cut out context and basically deny that the convo even took place---bc technically there isn't useable proof it did? There is no doubt Zions camp was asking for money and there is no doubt multiple schools were working behind the scenes to satisfy every demand. I think adidas was in the process of trying to get it done and somebody beat them to it. I also think KT knew "without" knowing what it meant to tell Code "if that what it takes we need to find a way to get it done"

I don't think the NCAA can force KT to testify. It would be his choice. I don't know much about the outside committee that will be handling this, whether they can or can't since they're independent from the NCAA.

I don't think the NCAA wants any part of a ruling. They want that committee to be the bad guys.

All I'm saying is that I'm not nearly as concerned as I used to be. I said I could be wrong, which is more likely in regards to past experience. However, I do think we have a lot of ground to stand on in reference to other schools in the same boat. Thus, not as worried.
If it wasn't for the fact that they were in the middle of another scandal while this was going on...i think Louisville would have been in pretty good shape compared to the others listed. They were easily the most proactive at cleaning house over it.

But, i would seriously be concerned that just a couple years ago you all were the 1st team who had to pull a banner down as punishment. I would think that has to be an escalation of punishment.

Reactions: JC for 3
Self is about as clear as muddy water.

Serious Q, do Indiana fans have any fear that their coach has been given some lessons by his older brother?
Honestly, if he was at any different school then without a doubt I'd be concerned. However, IU is about as pretentious as you can be about not cheating. Its been mentioned that the compliance department instead of working with the coach to ensure everything is legal...they always try to figure out ways he might be cheating so they can catch him. (This is any coach...not just basketball). Apparently they make it extremely difficult to even play in the grey area.

If i remember correctly, this was the only reason they even caught Sampson making phone calls. Its been awhile, so i could be wrong....but he used payphones and burner phones and had other people call the recruit. But when the recruit answer it was Kelvin who was on the other end.

This is also why IU was one of the biggest Adidas schools that was never mentioned besides some random comments about Crean trying to hug the guy doing the deals the 1st time they met lmao.

Im not one of those people who thinks IU should always be an example of being "pure" in college sports! Im fcking tired of mediocrity at best for 25 + years. If everyone else is cheating i want IU to be the best at the cheating!

I don't think the NCAA can force KT to testify. It would be his choice.
If he declines, it would be an aggravating factor for the level 1 violation. Student Athletes that have left college have the luxury of declining to cooperate. School officials do not.

If he declines, it would be an aggravating factor for the level 1 violation. Student Athletes that have left college have the luxury of declining to cooperate. School officials do not.
I don’t think he would decline but the only info they could go off of is KTs narrative...right?

Louisville
Arizona
LSU
Kansas
Creighton
USC
NC State
South Carolina
Auburn
Purdue
Auburn’s situation is possibly the most unique of them all in that the exchange of monies had nothing to do with the recruitment of potential athletes. Purifoy and Wiley were already in school when the situations occurred that got Person arrested. They were involved in the steering college athletes to agents case, not the shoe deals or other recruitment scandals that were discussed during the recent trials. Wiley was suspended for the 2017-18 season and Purifoy for 2017-18 and a third of the 2018-19 season. Neither player was “reinstated” until AU received approval from the NCAA (with repayment of funds being a requirement to the reinstatement’s). Even if AU is one of the schools that receives a notice, I can’t imagine what the punishment would be, other than possibly the forfeiture of the games they played in, in the 2016-17 season after their eligibilities were compromised (AU didn’t even make the NIT that season so who really cares about those 8-10 victories that occurred after the Dec 16/Jan 17 incidents).

The most shocking thing to me has been how few of the national analysts believe that LSU will be one of the six. Parrish and Norlander played the “predict the six” game on their podcast and LSU was not even mentioned by either.

Last edited:
The most shocking thing to me has been how few of the national analysts believe that LSU will be one of the six. Parrish and Norlander played the “predict the six” game on their podcast and LSU was not even mentioned by either.

Lol what a joke. They are arguably in the worst of it outside of Arizona

Reactions: olsonab and AYounce
Auburn’s situation is possibly the most unique of them all in that the exchange of monies had nothing to do with the recruitment of potential athletes. Purifoy and Wiley were already in school when the situations occurred that got Person arrested. They were involved in the steering college athletes to agents case, not the shoe deals or other recruitment scandals that were discussed during the recent trials. Wiley was suspended for the 2017-18 season and Purifoy for 2017-18 and a third of the 2018-19 season. Neither player was “reinstated” until AU received approval from the NCAA (with repayment of funds being a requirement to the reinstatement’s). Even if AU is one of the schools that receives a notice, I can’t imagine what the punishment would be, other than possibly the forfeiture of the games they played in, in the 2016-17 season after their eligibilities were compromised (AU didn’t even make the NIT that season so who really cares about those 8-10 victories that occurred after the Dec 16/Jan 17 incidents).

Agreed on both accounts. The only way Auburn would be more involved is if there was something new that came out. The NCAA declared Wiley and Purifoy eligible after they sat for entire seasons and repaid the debt as theirs had nothing to do with recruiting and shoe deals whatsoever. Person was actually hurting Auburn and Pearl by steering players to leave school while lining his own pockets. Ironically, Wiley and Purifoy will actually be back on the team next year for their 4th and 5th years now at Auburn..

The LSU situation completely blows my mind. Teams would almost get the death penalty back in the 80's just based off the tapes alone....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Agreed on both accounts. The only way Auburn would be more involved is if there was something new that came out. The NCAA declared Wiley and Purifoy eligible after they sat for entire seasons and repaid the debt as theirs had nothing to do with recruiting and shoe deals whatsoever. Person was actually hurting Auburn and Pearl by steering players to leave school while lining his own pockets. Ironically, Wiley and Purifoy will actually be back on the team next year for their 4th and 5th years now at Auburn..

The LSU situation completely blows my mind. Teams would almost get the death penalty back in the 80's just based off the tapes alone....
And this is exactly why i just want IU to start paying players. The NCAA is so all over the place with enforcement. Which leads to every single school playing by a different set of rules. If the NCAA isn't going to fix the issues then everyone should start playing the same game

I don’t think he would decline but the only info they could go off of is KTs narrative...right?

I would think so plus any items submitted as evidence during the trial. But its possible the committee could listen to the tapes if they could get their hands on it. I don't understand the legalities concerning the tapes.

I would think so plus any items submitted as evidence during the trial. But its possible the committee could listen to the tapes if they could get their hands on it. I don't understand the legalities concerning the tapes.
That's a good point, just b/c something is not admissible in court,doesn't mean it's not for the NCAA.

It just depends on how they look at Persons whether Auburn is in the clear. The NCAA is putting more responsibility on the coaches in regards to what others in their program do. Auburn was mentioned in conjunction with the other teams today.

It just depends on how they look at Persons whether Auburn is in the clear. The NCAA is putting more responsibility on the coaches in regards to what others in their program do. Auburn was mentioned in conjunction with the other teams today.

Mentioned by who?

Mentioned by who?

Those expected to be in the crosshairs and face the most significant penalties include: Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn.

https://sports.yahoo.com/which-scho...aa-crosshairs-in-hoops-scandal-201725988.html

Person is your problem, not so much the players. UofL had a problem with McGee who supposedly acted alone. They got nailed for that one even though they cleaned house.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT