ADVERTISEMENT

Not a UK apologist at all....

I’m not saying that to say I think we were better. The game in December that year was outstanding. I mean they played two games and the total point difference was 1. Those team were pretty even.

Reminds me of the year Davis blocked Henson. I would have like a rematch. UK was better (and they certainly deserved their title) but feel like it could have been a better game than anyone else could have given them.

There may not be one UK fan who can though.
Weird

This apparently wasn't a foul according to frosted tips
foul-2.gif

foul-3.gif

But yeah, you guys totally earned that dub. Didn't have any help at all besides Frosted Tips.

There are actually a lot of dudes who can. There may not be one UK fan who can though. That isn't surprising. One day you kids will learn how to lose. Until then, it will always be someone else's fault though.

And one day you'll admit UNC cheated for decades and got away with it. Until then we will point and laugh at the carolina way..

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty00
You think this was bad? Watch any game where UK goes on the road in the SEC and watch the E8 game UK and UNC played in 2017. You would cover your mouth in horror.

I would take this officiating crew anytime. They let both teams play.

SEC refs call every fingernail touch and turn games into free throw shooting contests.

UNC controlled that game till Monk shot you guys back in it. We dominated the glass and thanks to you Luke Maye became a legend.

Reminds me of Green for Indiana. Man when he (Devonte) is on---Wow he is fun. But when he is off? He brings nothing. I like what Miller has began to do with Green. If he's "bad Devonte", he plays very little. "Good Devonte"? I mean, dude can make Indiana look really good. But as you said---those games are few and far between.
Calipari keeps Maxey in, did the same thing with Kahlil Whitney too.

I know why he does it, but we're almost 20 games in now. Freshman or not, at some point he has to realize hero ball doesn't work. It did in a couple of games this season, but he'll come down the court 4 or 5 times in the row, never pass the ball and jack up a dumb shot that ends up being the first pass in the other teams fast break, but not learn anything from it.

How is he a lottery pick? How is he even in the conversation for a 1st round pick? Potential? Whatever. We keep losing these guys after 1 year just because they have potential.

Oh well.

Yeah, Maxey was a big liability today. Tried to force too much. I expected a big game from him too, being his homecoming and also being that he seems to rise to the occasion for big games. Luckily his team bailed him out.
Very few players play well when they go back to play near their hometown. They always try to force it and end up playing like crap.

Hagans actually bucked that trend last year when UK went to UGA, but he's the only one I can think of that performed well in that situation.

Reactions: Montana81
Hey guys, I screwed up. I brought up the UK v UNC E8 game from 2017 and that was stupid. I don't want to turn the thread into a bash fest, so lets just drop it.

I didn't intend to take anything away from UNC, they won the game and then won the title. It is what it is, but just let it go fellow UK fans, we've been over this too many times.

Very few players play well when they go back to play near their hometown. They always try to force it and end up playing like crap.

Hagans actually bucked that trend last year when UK went to UGA, but he's the only one I can think of that performed well in that situation.

Hagans is a beast on defense and if he can get a consistent jumper he’ll be in the league 10+ years.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Whatever, there isn't one dude that can watch that game abmnd say UK didn’t get hosed. No way.

And you can say the exact same thing about the 2014 uk/U of L SS game.

No one but uk fans would be able to watch that and say we got a fair shake. We coulda had two vacated titles lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty00
And you can say the exact same thing about the 2014 uk/U of L SS game.

No one but uk fans would be able to watch that and say we got a fair shake. We coulda had two vacated titles lol
This is the first time I've heard anything about bad officiating in that game. UL did more to lose that game than anything else.

This is the first time I've heard anything about bad officiating in that game. UL did more to lose that game than anything else.

Not sure if serious? We def didn’t help ourselves down the stretch but it wouldn’t have even been a close game if the refs had called it anywhere close to even the first 35 mins. The fouls in the first half that sent Harrell and then Hancock to the bench were a complete joke, but alas it’s ancient history, believe what u wanna believe. Thankfully our whipping boy UCONN makes it a pretty moot point anyways.

But I’m not trying to hijack the thread no more than the guy who brought up the 2017 unc/uk game, so carry on, and congrats on the win in lubbock.

Last edited:
I watched the OT streaming on IPTV, but I just got to watch the whole game thanks to a guy on RR uploading it. All in all it was called pretty ok. OT had some bad ones, but overall it wasnt' so bad.

Was that the same game where this happened?

giphy-1-1.gif

Yes, but that shot only happened because the officials impeded the UK defenders on the possession. Basically told them if they tried to defend they would call a foul so that UK would lose. You can clearly see that if you are a UK fan.

Weird

This apparently wasn't a foul according to frosted tips
foul-2.gif

foul-3.gif

But yeah, you guys totally earned that dub. Didn't have any help at all besides Frosted Tips.

Correct, UNC earned it. I agree that could have been an offensive foul since Hicks jumped straight up. However, I didn't bitch about it. But hey, be a whiny loser all you want, man. You'll fit in well with many other UK fans.

Correct, UNC earned it. I agree that could have been an offensive foul since Hicks jumped straight up. However, I didn't bitch about it. But hey, be a whiny loser all you want, man. You'll fit in well with many other UK fans.
Either a quality troll post or severe delusion. Kudos on the first, Ts & Ps for the latter.

Either a quality troll post or severe delusion. Kudos on the first, Ts & Ps for the latter.

You know, it is actually pretty typical when delusional people (UK fans in this case) have to label others as such to continually feed their delusions. It is the only way they can feed this belief that keeps them going.

You know, it is actually pretty typical when delusional people (UK fans in this case) have to label others as such to continually feed their delusions. It is the only way they can feed this belief that keeps them going.
Thread started by an Auburn fan. Either he/she is delusional or a closet UK fan?

Doesn't matter. You win the argument man. I got shit to do.

Okay man, let it go. I knew the name calling was gonna start, just drop it Cory, nobody is going to agree on this subject.

Okay man, let it go. I knew the name calling was gonna start, just drop it Cory, nobody is going to agree on this subject.

I mean, I'm just responding. You dudes are the ones getting worked up. I ain't mad, lol.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Seriously LoL. You might want to rewatch.

Anyways, only 5% of UofL fans bitch about the refs.
Well, Louisville isn’t really relevant, so nobody cares. Besides, your guys probably had Katina and the girls on their minds during UK's comeback.

You know, I'm just amazed at how hung up on UK you are. You're pretty pathetic man. Come back when you guys actually win one against UK. You talk smack like you guys have had success in the series, when all you guys have proven to be is nothing more than one of those fainting goats.

Too easy

Last edited:
Reactions: JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT