ADVERTISEMENT

Not a UK apologist at all....

Moretti ball hogged it and didn’t pass it to his teammate wide open for 3. Turned it over

But they have getting fvxked in this game by the stripes
Nominated for a "Postie"

51ESr1By3qL._SX425_.jpg

You think this was bad? Watch any game where UK goes on the road in the SEC and watch the E8 game UK and UNC played in 2017. You would cover your mouth in horror.

I would take this officiating crew anytime. They let both teams play.

SEC refs call every fingernail touch and turn games into free throw shooting contests.

You think this was bad? Watch any game where UK goes on the road in the SEC and watch the E8 game UK and UNC played in 2017. You would cover your mouth in horror.

I would take this officiating crew anytime. They let both teams play.

SEC refs call every fingernail touch and turn games into free throw shooting contests.

It was tough. You guys got some calls for sure. UNC won despite all that noise though so it's weird to bring that one up.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Whatever, there isn't one dude that can watch that game abmnd say UK didn’t get hosed. No way.

There are actually a lot of dudes who can. There may not be one UK fan who can though. That isn't surprising. One day you kids will learn how to lose. Until then, it will always be someone else's fault though.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
There are actually a lot of dudes who can. There may not be one UK fan who can though. That isn't surprising. One day you kids will learn how to lose. Until then, it will always be someone else's fault though.
I'll leave it there, you're a good poster and I don't want to get into this. Later man.

I thought the first half whistle against unc in that game was pretty lopsided. But I keep going back to us being up 5 with 5 minutes left? And then we missed like 4 straight jumpers.

During that stretch I thought bam probably got fouled on a layup. But other than that I didn’t see much to complain about down the stretch. Was more disappointed that we started settling for jumpers down the stretch.

Boy i tell ya cal can’t win. I’m either bitching about being afraid to shoot down the stretch or bitching about not attacking. :D

It wasn't a game that had 51 fouls called, I'll take it.
Agree. I think some officals feel if there is contact, a foul needs to be called. Its just not how I approach the game. Gentleman who got me into CBB told me, "the best call, is no call. Learn to let them play, and learn what contact has an impact."
There were some touch calls against both today. Nothing out of the norm. That is going to happen every, single game. Just as fans, myself included, it sometimes feels that those calls come at critical times. But in reality, no play is less important, or more important tham the other. For example---The three at the end of the half. No big deal, right? Well, sure if the UK goes onto to win by 15. But in a 2 point, OT win, those three points were as big as the two FT's hit by Nick late, to give UK the lead.

Reactions: oldsports_
Agree. I think some officals feel if there is contact, a foul needs to be called. Its just not how I approach the game. Gentleman who got me into CBB told me, "the best call, is no call. Learn to let them play, and learn what contact has an impact."
There were some touch calls against both today. Nothing out of the norm. That is going to happen every, single game. Just as fans, myself included, it sometimes feels that those calls come at critical times. But in reality, no play is less important, or more important tham the other. For example---The three at the end of the half. No big deal, right? Well, sure if the UK goes onto to win by 15. But in a 2 point, OT win, those three points were as big as the two FT's hit by Nick late, to give UK the lead.

The GT at UofL game the refs were calling touch fouls.

Today the Clemson at UofL game they werent.

Refs dont win or lose you games. Thdy make mistakes, just like the players do. Just like the Coaches do.

The GT at UofL game the refs were calling touch fouls.

Today the Clemson at UofL game they werent.

Refs dont win or lose you games. Thdy make mistakes, just like the players do. Just like the Coaches do.
Until officials(myself included) become employee's, you will get this type of officiating. Each crew is different. Which is another thing I didn't like, when working a regular schedule---Mostly different crews every night. I hate that. In HS, I work basically with the same 2 or 3 guys, every night. Of course this can't always be the case. But for the 40 or so HS games I work, 95% of them I work with the same crew. I like that b/c we become a team. Familiar with one another. Understand the rules the same. In other words, we are usually pretty damn consistent, b/c we wrk with each other a lot.

Until officials(myself included) become employee's, you will get this type of officiating. Each crew is different. Which is another thing I didn't like, when working a regular schedule---Mostly different crews every night. I hate that. In HS, I work basically with the same 2 or 3 guys, every night. Of course this can't always be the case. But for the 40 or so HS games I work, 95% of them I work with the same crew. I like that b/c we become a team. Familiar with one another. Understand the rules the same. In other words, we are usually pretty damn consistent, b/c we wrk with each other a lot.
Who decides who refs which game(s)? I kind of picture it like scheduling a work week for employees who have other things going on ie side businesses, etc.

Who decides who refs which game(s)? I kind of picture it like scheduling a work week for employees who have other things going on ie side businesses, etc.
Each region has assigners....Each conference as well. Guys assign non-conference...some assign conference....some assign both. Usually in late summer, games are released. Some you can self assign, and if accepted, you get the game. But for 95% of the games, you are scheduled by an assigner.

As for me, I worked for multiple conference's, therefore, I had multiple assigners. BUT---I was membered to two associations, so I was assigned by them first, then took whatever else from other assigners.

Like for baseball. Our schedule came out in early Jan. I am assigned games to multiple conference's, but mainly work one conference for conference only games.

Moretti ball hogged it and didn’t pass it to his teammate wide open for 3. Turned it over

Yeah that wasn't great. Moretti wasn't great down the stretch. But his game is more spot up 3s than driving the lane.

Yeah that wasn't great. Moretti wasn't great down the stretch. But his game is more spot up 3s than driving the lane.
Once he beat Hagans initially, I thought he should've pulled up for a jumper. MOF, I thought he would. Why he continued to go at the rim, is beyond me.

That’s okay, Maxey played the entire game like he was being paid by Chris Beard. He's awesome when he’s on, but those "on" games are few and far between.
When he's off, he kills us. I hope he realizes by tournament time that his hero ball bs doesn’t work at this level.

Last edited:
Once he beat Hagans initially, I thought he should've pulled up for a jumper. MOF, I thought he would. Why he continued to go at the rim, is beyond me.

We want guys to drive and go to the rim but that isn't Moretti's game. He isn't Culver or Evans from two years ago.

Ramsay could be but he isn't there yet.

We want guys to drive and go to the rim but that isn't Moretti's game. He isn't Culver or Evans from two years ago.

Ramsay could be but he isn't there yet.
I know. Its why I thought he'd pull up.

I thought the first half whistle against unc in that game was pretty lopsided. But I keep going back to us being up 5 with 5 minutes left? And then we missed like 4 straight jumpers.

During that stretch I thought bam probably got fouled on a layup. But other than that I didn’t see much to complain about down the stretch. Was more disappointed that we started settling for jumpers down the stretch.

Boy i tell ya cal can’t win. I’m either bitching about being afraid to shoot down the stretch or bitching about not attacking. :D

You must have really thought UK was better than UNC. I think the fouls were about even in the first half. I think at one point it was 6 fouls against UNC and 2 against UK but ended up around even at the half. So UK must have fouled more at the end of the half. I see why those would stick with fans I suppose. I mean, there are UNC fans who still think the refs cost us the title against 'Nova. Fans are weird that way.

That’s okay, Maxey played tge entire game like he was being paid by Chris Beard. He's awesome ehen he’s on, but those "on" games are few and far between.
When he's off, he kills us. I hope he realizes by tournament time that his hero ball bs doesn’t work at this level.
Reminds me of Green for Indiana. Man when he (Devonte) is on---Wow he is fun. But when he is off? He brings nothing. I like what Miller has began to do with Green. If he's "bad Devonte", he plays very little. "Good Devonte"? I mean, dude can make Indiana look really good. But as you said---those games are few and far between.

I can see that as being good or bad working with the same crew all the time.

That’s okay, Maxey played tge entire game like he was being paid by Chris Beard. He's awesome ehen he’s on, but those "on" games are few and far between.
Yeah, Maxey was a big liability today. Tried to force too much. I expected a big game from him too, being his homecoming and also being that he seems to rise to the occasion for big games. Luckily his team bailed him out.

You must have really thought UK was better than UNC. I think the fouls were about even in the first half. I think at one point it was 6 fouls against UNC and 2 against UK but ended up around even at the half. So UK must have fouled more at the end of the half. I see why those would stick with fans I suppose. I mean, there are UNC fans who still think the refs cost us the title against 'Nova. Fans are weird that way.

I’m not saying that to say I think we were better. The game in December that year was outstanding. I mean they played two games and the total point difference was 1. Those team were pretty even.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT