ADVERTISEMENT

NIL budgets should be public knowledge

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Fact.

We deserve to know who has what budget. This should be listed just like you can see which teams play in the biggest arenas or which teams get what recruits.

NIL budget and payments should be listed for every team and player in D1. It should even be listed on their player card when they are on TV. So and so is a sophmore from such and such town and he's receiving X amount of $$ in NIL.

NIL budget should be factored in when deciding on post season awards like coach of the year. NIL budget should be factored in when the committee is deciding on the bubble teams, i.e. tie goes to the team with less NIL budget.

NIL has become a massive part of CBB and needs to be transparent.

Love that idea.
right? It seems like common sense. We have lists for everything else in CBB, why wouldn't we have a ranking of all the NILs in the NCAA? Especially since it's not being capped or regulated.

Instead of saying at the NCAA that a game features a massive underdog because one team is a #1 seed and the other is a #16, I want to hear announcers talk about how a team is a massive underdog because one team has $6mil in NIL budget and the other team has $1mil in NIL budget.

Or how two teams are seeded close to each other, but one is a massive over achiever because they have a significantly lower NIL budget.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Fact.

We deserve to know who has what budget. This should be listed just like you can see which teams play in the biggest arenas or which teams get what recruits.

NIL budget and payments should be listed for every team and player in D1. It should even be listed on their player card when they are on TV. So and so is a sophmore from such and such town and he's receiving X amount of $$ in NIL.

NIL budget should be factored in when deciding on post season awards like coach of the year. NIL budget should be factored in when the committee is deciding on the bubble teams, i.e. tie goes to the team with less NIL budget.

I agree, bitch.

Fact.

Isn't that already known? We hear about kids getting X or Y in NIL don't we? Y'all at DePaul just need to open up one of those French Chest of Doubloons and pay these kids what they are worth.

On the Memphis deal, it's ~10 football, 5 basketball, 5 all other sports and most going to spread over multiple years. I talked to Pat about his and it's substantial but not what it seems on the service. This goes back years. Back when Cal didn't like playing in the Pyramid.

Don't think this is some sort of crazy pay day for Memphis athletes. It helps but it's not like they just put 25 million in basketball like UK just put 8 into straight basketball.

Also if you follow Autozone is about to do near the same in Memphis athletics.

Pat said Alice Walton is about to be a big deal in the college landscape. She's taken a real shine to bring her Hogs back.

TIFWIW. *Pat owns multiple dealerships across multiple states. One of the largest boosters for UM, helped create the Collusium, Pyramid and FedEx Form. He likes me for some reason and comes by my office often when he's around. He loves talking ball. So again TIFWIW

Last edited:
Isn't that already known? We hear about kids getting X or Y in NIL don't we? Y'all at DePaul just need to open up one of those French Chest of Doubloons and pay these kids what they are worth.

no, it's not known. Sure we hear a few rumors or details of deals here and there, but never seen any sort of comprehensive listing of a team's budget posted or listed anywhere.

Reactions: jamo0001
no, it's not known. Sure we hear a few rumors or details of deals here and there, but never seen any sort of comprehensive listing of a team's budget posted or listed anywhere.
Is that possibly because the collectives were not part of the school? This should go away when players are considered employees.

Is that possibly because the collectives were not part of the school? This should go away when players are considered employees.
What incentive do players, schools, or agencies have to be honest about the current market rates?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Blue bloods have been running successful NIL programs for decades. Why is this a problem now that everyone else is doing it?

Blue bloods have been running successful NIL programs for decades. Why is this a problem now that everyone else is doing it?

Bluebloods? Is that why practically every major conference program (and a bunch of midmajors) were named in the FBI probe?

There are still people who think that only a few schools were playing guys who accepted payments? 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT