ADVERTISEMENT

New California vs CalExit

Pick a side

• CalExit

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • New California

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
I'm a HUGE fan of the Pacific Northwest. I mean, I personally think that New England in the fall is about as good as it gets, but christ I love how green and beautiful it is up there.
Astoria is gorgeous. I’ve never seen such green landscape where roses grow naturally everywhere. My point with all of this, is people need to step out of their comfort bubble and experience the beauty of the west coast. Politics shouldn’t hamper your life to the point of you not visiting beautiful cities/landscapes.

I’m talking to you @hailtoyourvictor & @LetsGoDuke301

Astoria is gorgeous. I’ve never seen such green landscape where roses grow naturally everywhere. My point with all of this, is people need to step out of their comfort bubble and experience the beauty of the west coast. Politics shouldn’t hamper your life to the point of you not visiting beautiful cities/landscapes.

I’m talking to you @hailtoyourvictor & @LetsGoDuke301

I’m just not a huge fan of hot climates. Would rather take a cruise in Alaska than a cruise in the Bahamas. Honeymooned in a cabin on a lake rather than the tropics. Etc etc. Visiting Florida, Texas, etc. does nothing for me and when you couple that with the distance and absurd politics of California I don’t foresee ever making that trip.

Colorado is pretty liberal too, right? I’d rather visit there than California because I could at least get some skiing in.

I’m just not a huge fan of hot climates. Would rather take a cruise in Alaska than a cruise in the Bahamas. Honeymooned in a cabin on a lake rather than the tropics. Etc etc. Visiting Florida, Texas, etc. does nothing for me and when you couple that with the distance and absurd politics of California I don’t foresee ever making that trip.
Nor cal isn’t hot, it’s mild. And did you just ignore my post about why politics shouldn’t matter while you’re taking a vacation? Let loose a little man. You seem tense 24/7 about politics. No one is going to come up to you and start berating you because you’re a republican.

Nor cal isn’t hot, it’s mild. And did you just ignore my post about why politics shouldn’t matter while you’re taking a vacation? Let loose a little man. You seem tense 24/7 about politics. No one is going to come up to you and start berating you because you’re a republican.

There are plenty of other places I’d rather visit or vacation, tbh.

We don’t vacation a lot, though. If I have a spare $2,000 I’d rather spend that at 20 Brewers games than go look at some trees in a California while having to ask my tour guide their pronoun.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
That’s fine, but it sounds to me you’re basing it off political climate, which is asinine logic. Not everyone here is liberal. It shouldn’t matter anyways. I wouldn’t not visit Michigan because of its politics, especially the upper peninsula as you previously stated.

Where I hang in Cali:

yxckWTQ.jpg

DUW5wGq.jpg

I don't mind Cali.

(Money helps.)

Reactions: schoonerwest
That’s fine, but it sounds to me you’re basing it off political climate, which is asinine logic. Not everyone here is liberal. It shouldn’t matter anyways. I wouldn’t not visit Michigan because of its politics, especially the upper peninsula as you previously stated.

Did you miss the part where I said it had most to do with climate and distance?

Not necessarily. SF doesn’t get above 75. Portland/Seattle stay pretty mild too. San Clemente is like 75-80 year round. Kinda why people consider Coasal Cali to have the best weather year round in the states, but continue on with your uninformed opinions.
I still need to visit San Diego. I’ve been everywhere else on the west coast except for there. My buddy grew up in Chula Vista. 77 degrees every day nearly 365 days a year sounds amazing.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Not necessarily. SF doesn’t get above 75. Portland/Seattle stay pretty mild too. San Clemente is like 75-80 year round. Kinda why people consider Coasal Cali to have the best weather year round in the states, but continue on with your uninformed opinions.

That's pretty crazy

I still need to visit San Diego. I’ve been everywhere else on the west coast except for there. My buddy grew up in Chula Vista. 77 degrees every day nearly 365 days a year sounds amazing.
San Diego is awesome, my cousin lives in Seal Beach between Huntington and Long Beach, not a far drive from SD, and it’s gorgeous. Perfect weather. You gotta visit, plus babes everywhere.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Lol, you’re in such an odd bubble it’s mindblowing.

Plenty of people don't care for traveling. I've been to Canada, but don't see myself ever traveling to any other countries. No interest to. Does that rustle you?

Plenty of people don't care for traveling. I've been to Canada, but don't see myself ever traveling to any other countries. No interest to. Does that rustle you?
It doesn’t rustle me but I am curious why you don’t have any interest to see and experience other cultures? There’s some pretty amazing things out there that no story on the internet or tv can explain.

No, however, a place you’ve never stepped foot in seems to deeply rustle you for arbitrary reasons.

Having no interest in visiting there =/= being rustled. I have no interest in visiting Rome even though I though Gladiator was awesome. That doesn't mean Rome rustles me.

@UL1986 if a trip to California was paid for by someone else, I'd go. I make decent money but it's still finite and that means choosing to spend it on things I'd rather do than go to California.

Having no interest in visiting there =/= being rustled. I have no interest in visiting Rome even though I though Gladiator was awesome. That doesn't mean Rome rustles me.
Enough with the rustle talk. I’m merely speaking on the fact that you haven’t had first hand experience in places you’ve never once visited, yet seem to know the ins and outs of how shitty they are. Seems kind of odd to me, eh?

@UL1986 if a trip to California was paid for by someone else, I'd go. I make decent money but it's still finite and that means choosing to spend it on things I'd rather do than go to California.
We still have to meet up in St. Louis to play in that Bond tournament. Loser reimburses the winners travel expenses.

That’s fine if you have other places on your list to visit than northern or Southern California, but to keep bludegoning the fact of how shitty they are kind of makes you look foolish, seeing as you haven’t been there to experience it. Don’t go, stay within your realm of comfort, just don’t preach about things you know nothing of. Anyone can read a slanted article about how awesome or shitty a destination is, but to be objective and visit said place first hand, then you reserve the right to make judgment.

That’s fine if you have other places on your list to visit than northern or Southern California, but to keep bludegoning the fact of how shitty they are kind of makes you look foolish, seeing as you haven’t been there to experience it. Don’t go, stay within your realm of comfort, just don’t preach about things you know nothing of. Anyone can read a slanted article about how awesome or shitty a destination is, but to be objective and visit said place first hand, then you reserve the right to make judgment.

You thinking of someone else?

I really don't see how anything I've said about Northern California could be construed as "keeping on bludgeoning on about how shitty it is".

Enough with the rustle talk. I’m merely speaking on the fact that you haven’t had first hand experience in places you’ve never once visited, yet seem to know the ins and outs of how shitty they are. Seems kind of odd to me, eh?

I don't seem to know the ins and outs of how shitty other places are. Wtf? Lol.

Where did I ever say North California was shitty, let alone continue to bludgeon on about how shitty it was?
Insinuating you wouldn’t visit a place based on political climate, and not knowing weather based climate, but still having a hard pressed stance on the fact you’d never visit, kinda sounds like you think it’s shitty, no?

We don’t vacation a lot, though. If I have a spare $2,000 I’d rather spend that at 20 Brewers games than go look at some trees in a California while having to ask my tour guide their pronoun.

I'll even help you. These were my two posts about why I haven't and probably won't spend the money it takes to visit Cali.

You really read those as bludgeoning on about how shitty Northern California is? That is such a huge leap, dude.

Insinuating you wouldn’t visit a place based on political climate, and not knowing weather based climate, but still having a hard pressed stance on the fact you’d never visit, kinda sounds like you think it’s shitty, no?

1. I was mistake about the weather climate.

2. Even if the weather climate WAS hot like I was saying, that isn't calling the weather shitty. I wasn't calling the weather shitty. Most people LOVE that weather. Saying that I don't care for Bahama-type-weather isn't calling Bahama weather shitty.

3. The political climate is more of a joke and/or a cherry on top.

Also, having a hard stance that I'd never pay to visit does not mean I'm calling that place shitty. There are plenty of places that I think would be very cool that I'm still ~positive that I'd never pay to go visit.

So you’re going to keep dodging the question and move on to arguing semantics, cool.

I'm trying to respond to all of your posts. I may have missed the question if I haven't answered it yet. Why are you being such a dick today? Are you still drunk celebrating the GSW win?

I'll even help you. These were my two posts about why I haven't and probably won't spend the money it takes to visit Cali.

You really read those as bludgeoning on about how shitty Northern California is? That is such a huge leap, dude.
So far I’ve read about a hypothetical tour guide trying to get said tourists to use gender fluid pronouns, and that you wouldn’t want to visit a hot climate (even though it isn’t, which I’ve tried to “bludgeon” that in your head repeatedly) and you’d prefer a cruise in Alaska, because somehow that would be cheaper than taking a flight from Detroit to SFO which when planned ahead of time would run about 350-400$ round trip.

Facepalm to the furthest extento_O

ADVERTISEMENT