• Total voters

LetsGoDuke301

Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Team
Duke
Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
lPsfZX2.gif

I'd put it at +2500 that any of these gets past the signatures needed to put it on the ballot stage, let alone actual done, in the next 25 years. Probably less likely than a Constitutional amendment to get it across the finish line.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...ornia-from-us-is-getting-a-second-chance.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...tories-fighting-to-become-51st-state.amp.html

Refrain from the typical **** California, and other insults. (I will try because I still want to receive dick pics from @UL1986' recent dates).

Really curious if this will end up happening, I think that the New California movement would have more support. But how likely is either?
Knew you still needed a piece a dis. Hahaha

I am cool with it. Rather have Texas anyway , plus California might get split up from us by mother nature one day.

Reactions: SNU0821
Don't mind the businesses and people moving to Texas at all unless it's some of those left wing folks that want to contaminate what we have down here. Never understood why some folks would move because of high taxes and all the other liberal policies, and then continue to vote the same way as they did before they moved. Guess we could stuff them all down in Austin. It's a lost cause already.

Precedent could lead to nearly full dissentigration of union. Texas, New Hampshire, Montana all have similar movements. Not sure how it's in anyone's interest to support this. Russia loves it

Don't mind the businesses and people moving to Texas at all unless it's some of those left wing folks that want to contaminate what we have down here. Never understood why some folks would move because of high taxes and all the other liberal policies, and then continue to vote the same way as they did before they moved. Guess we could stuff them all down in Austin. It's a lost cause already.
You have old school lefties and new school lefties. It's mostly the new school lefties that are your concern.

Reactions: tw3301
Precedent could lead to nearly full dissentigration of union. Texas, New Hampshire, Montana all have similar movements. Not sure how it's in anyone's interest to support this. Russia loves it
So if that happened..... Could we say the South was right for not wanting to be part of the Union?

So if that happened..... Could we say the South was right for not wanting to be part of the Union?

As a Kentuckian if I'm stuck being governed by the southern fried rednecks, I'm peacing out. The rednecks running Kentucky are already bad enough.

But literally, Russia has a concerted power to push this movement and "predicted" the dissintegration of the US about 5 years ago. It's in their interest to cause division and weaken US power. The rednecks on right right supporting it are useful idiots and the idiots on the left in California (who are a pretty big minority) are equally moronic.

As a Kentuckian if I'm stuck being governed by the southern fried rednecks, I'm peacing out. The rednecks running Kentucky are already bad enough.

But literally, Russia has a concerted power to push this movement and "predicted" the dissintegration of the US about 5 years ago. It's in their interest to cause division and weaken US power. The rednecks on right right supporting it are useful idiots and the idiots on the left in California (who are a pretty big minority) are equally moronic.
In Cali they(Left) are a majority. Hell the entire Pacific coast. That is also almost every major urban center in America. Yea places like Kentucky and West Virginia seem a little to right for my taste as well. Why I like NC so much because it is very balanced and has been for a while politically. But last 8-10 years it's starting to swing left more because of urban centered cities like Charlotte and Raleigh having so many new transplants. I love Raleigh , born and raised here but it's getting to a new level of development that is hurting the natural culture of the city. Charlotte has had what I am talking about happen way more to the point where Charlotte really lacks a personal identity. Because of it's over development , especially commercial. It's like what Ronnie Van Zant is singing about in "All I Can Do Is Write About It". Just our generations version. Ronnie saw the creeping concrete before it ever arrived.

Also why can't we all get behind that Russia is just sketchy? That should be easy for everyone that loves America to get on board. Putin is like a cleaner cut more powerful version of Teddy KGB from the movie "Rounders".

Last edited:

yeah I remember the Russian that predicted that in what I think was near the end of Obama's 1st term. I do not understand the mindset of some on both extremes(but especially the Far Right's obsession with California.) that loudly root for another State's failure or separation because how the State's Government is run. I like how diverse this nation is politically across State lines & all the micro cultures you see when going to different regions.

In Cali they(Left) are a majority. Hell the entire Pacific coast.

Off topic, but I've always found it interesting that liberals dominate the coastal cities. I mean, if liberals are so concerned with global warming, why are they living on the coast? Pretty sure you'd be target #1.

yeah I remember the Russian that predicted that in what I think was near the end of Obama's 1st term. I do not understand the mindset of some on both extremes(but especially the Far Right's obsession with California.) that loudly root for another State's failure or separation because how the State's Government is run. I like how diverse this nation is politically across State lines & all the micro cultures you see when going to different regions.
I love diversity across this country. I love Oregon , one of my favorite places to visit. Lot of weird people in and from California I have met. Had friends come back from that place and completely change/turn on family. Never been impressed with any of my visits outside of the No. Cal area up towards Oregon. Southern California is a pretty terrible place , about 80% of it. Not enough good in California to make up for the bad. On a scale from 1-10 imo it's a 4.

Igor Panarin, KGB Educated Political Scientist who wrote the playbook:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Panarin

In 1995, Panarin claimed the US would fall in 2010. Russia aims to do to the US what the US did to the USSR. They can't match militarily so they present soft power espionage.

Panarin's prediction:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.va...n-civil-war-in-2010-russian-academic-says/amp

Is Calexit supported by Russia?
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/01/30/calexit-campaign-supported-russia/

Odds are good Russia had their hand in Brexit as well. They are increasing influence by weakening unions.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Igor Panarin, KGB Educated Political Scientist who wrote the playbook:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Panarin

In 1995, Panarin claimed the US would fall in 2010. Russia aims to do to the US what the US did to the USSR. They can't match militarily so they present soft power espionage.

Panarin's prediction:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.va...n-civil-war-in-2010-russian-academic-says/amp

Is Calexit supported by Russia?
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/01/30/calexit-campaign-supported-russia/

Odds are good Russia had their hand in Brexit as well. They are increasing influence by weakening unions.

This is what he predicted would happen in 2010

1920px-Panarin.svg.png

Keep believing that guy. Laughing

Why I like NC so much because it is very balanced and has been for a while politically.

Also why can't we all get behind that Russia is just sketchy? That should be easy for everyone that loves America to get on board. Putin is like a cleaner cut more powerful version of Teddy KGB from the movie "Rounders".

Agreed on the second point. Putin and his cronies are extremely dangerous and should be treated as such.

On the first, NC has had some sketchy Republican actions at the state level the last several years - the voter ID stuff, the gerrymandering, the supermajority/governor stuff, and the trans bathroom stuff. But I live in NJ now, so I just get to deal with different flavors of Democrats in most spots and some truly WTF local government (and lots of federal agencies because I live right by NYC so there's always some multi-state transportation BS). It's all levels of terrible.

Agreed. Federalism is a PITA a lot of the time (although as a lawyer it probably creates a lot of business for me), but the upshot is 50 little laboratories for things like regulations, zoning, and (sadly) new ways to screw over voters and taxpayers.

I do find it sad that people root for California to fail. And it is even more sad when people celebrate when they are on fire. But nothing wrong with pointing out whacky politics.

And @Spacegrass , of course Russia is a threat and cannot be trusted. They will never be a friend of ours IMO. I think the problem with people acknowledging their sketchiness is the whole colluding mess has taken the attention off of our real issues with them.

This is what he predicted would happen in 2010

1920px-Panarin.svg.png

Keep believing that guy. Laughing

You think it's a matter of believing. I don't think you understand. This is a KGB intellectual whose "predictions"are supported by Russia. I'm not saying the predictions are right. I'm saying Russia's promotion of the predictions are more evidence of their motivation for long term social espionage. They don't care what lines are divided.

You think it's a matter of believing. I don't think you understand. This is a KGB intellectual whose "predictions"are supported by Russia. I'm not saying the predictions are right. I'm saying Russia's promotion of the predictions are more evidence of their motivation for long term social espionage. They don't care what lines are divided.

Obviously the predictions weren’t right. We’re in 2018 and still plugging along. Russia does not want the US to complete collapse. If the US falls, a domino effect will occur with other economies collapsing around the world. Eventually, that domino effect will hurt Russia’s economy, perhaps causing it to collapse.

From Army War College paper (linked above):

Igor Panarin, an infuential scholar and a well-regarded Russian information warfare expert, outlined the basic instruments involved in the larger information struggle including propaganda (black, gray, and white); intelligence (speci cally information collection); analysis (media monitoring and situation analysis); organization (coordinating and steering channels and in uencing media to shape the opinion of politicians and mass media); and other combined channels.3 In terms of in uence operations, Panarin identi ed information warfare vehicles such as social control; social maneuvering; information manipulation; disinformation; purposeful fabrication of information; and lobbying, blackmail, and extortion.4 Therefore, the essence of information confrontation focuses on this constant information struggle between adversaries.

Reviewing the application of these principles in two well-known instances of Russian geopolitical involvement helps illustrate if and how Russian understanding of information confrontation has evolved; it also provides insight into the outcomes of such practices in the context of on-demand media coverage.

Obviously the predictions weren’t right. We’re in 2018 and still plugging along. Russia does not want the US to complete collapse. If the US falls, a domino effect will occur with other economies collapsing around the world. Eventually, that domino effect will hurt Russia’s economy, perhaps causing it to collapse.

So they stopped trying in 2010?

Agreed on the second point. Putin and his cronies are extremely dangerous and should be treated as such.

On the first, NC has had some sketchy Republican actions at the state level the last several years - the voter ID stuff, the gerrymandering, the supermajority/governor stuff, and the trans bathroom stuff. But I live in NJ now, so I just get to deal with different flavors of Democrats in most spots and some truly WTF local government (and lots of federal agencies because I live right by NYC so there's always some multi-state transportation BS). It's all levels of terrible.

Agreed. Federalism is a PITA a lot of the time (although as a lawyer it probably creates a lot of business for me), but the upshot is 50 little laboratories for things like regulations, zoning, and (sadly) new ways to screw over voters and taxpayers.
Voter ID and Bathroom thing was handled poorly by both sides and blown out of proportion. Until I see actually how the left wants to redraw the districts? I don't give them any belief they won't do the same thing in their favor.

I heard an old Afro Man song the other day. No homo, but it made me think of you.

"Met this girl in Hollywood, she had green hair but damn, she looked good. Took her to the house because she was fine, til she whipped out a dick that was bigger than mine."
He was speaking of Hollywood, Florida. Where the meth and hookers with long dicks are very prominent.

He was speaking of Hollywood, Florida. Where the meth and hookers with long dicks are very prominent.
You know that ain't true.

Really though. Nobody is even discussing the idea of New California. Splitting California into two states would keep them in the union. So far 38 out of California's 58 counties are in favor of it. I think it would allow for a healthier environment for moderate Californians who don't want to pay ridiculously high taxes and be handcuffed by expensive regulations. Also for the residents who are not in favor of some of the crazy social policies. And if having 50 stars on the flag as opposed to 51 is important to you, we can always give New Jersey to Canada.

Reactions: bMORE607

Really though. Nobody is even discussing the idea of New California. Splitting California into two states would keep them in the union. So far 38 out of California's 58 counties are in favor of it. I think it would allow for a healthier environment for moderate Californians who don't want to pay ridiculously high taxes and be handcuffed by expensive regulations. Also for the residents who are not in favor of some of the crazy social policies. And if having 50 stars on the flag as opposed to 51 is important to you, we can always give New Jersey to Canada.

Give Jersey to Mexico

I’m just too stoned to care.

ADVERTISEMENT