ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Olympians by college

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
Pretty interesting graphic. And shows how damn good Stanford is at non-revenue sports. Michigan is an impressive outlier as the all the other top schools are in warmer climates and/or much more scenic locales than the bitch we call Ann Arbor.

GS0k-PsaMAAKRRi

All the reporting I have seen shows Indiana with 20 which moves them up four slots. there are an additional three transferring to IU after the games. All time IU is eleventh in medals won.

Most of it swimming and diving.

Reactions: arja31121991
Ann Arbor is IMO likely the third ot fourth best college town in the BIG.
I mean I can see Madison being an argument, maybe even Evanston or State College. Either way Ann Arbor is far nicer than places like LA, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, College Station. Etc. west Lafayette most certainly is not as nice as Ann Arbor either.

Last edited:
I mean I can see Madison being an argument, maybe even Evanston or State College. Either way Ann Arbor is far nicer than places like LA, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, College Station. Etc. west Lafayette most certainly is not as nice as Ann Arbor either.
Bloomington, Madison, AA are the best three in the BIG and in that order from my travels over the years.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
The B1G schools are big and in large population areas. Lot of good cities have B1G schools.

This is just my opinion, but the nicest town in WI is Madison, the nicest town in IN is Bloomington, I love Columbus, OH except it is far too big; Champaign is the nicest town in Illinois, even though I love Chicago, it is just too big.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The B1G schools are big and in large population areas. Lot of good cities have B1G schools.

This is just my opinion, but the nicest town in WI is Madison, the nicest town in IN is Bloomington, I love Columbus, OH except it is far too big; Champaign is the nicest town in Illinois, even though I love Chicago, it is just too big.
When I moved to Columbus, I was amazed by the size of it. I thing the outer belt is 101 miles around. it took me a bit to find the right ways through and not spend all day going to the other side for a commute to work. A first it took 45 minutes to go from 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock.

This was way before GPS and I just a Rand McNally map.

Memphis is very small.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

"Champaign is the nicest town in Illinois". You win the internet today.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
This graphic is fraudulent, UK has 24 (and 2 coaches). Plus Sydney McLauglin should count as like 7.

Danielle Collins and Emma Navarro doing a great job representing UVA. They’re definitely bringing back some flashbacks for me about UVA women lol

3rd best ACC school smh

one of the things that surprised me while watching the Olympics was hearing that UVA is the defending womens champs and has one of the best swimming programs in the NCAA. In fact, they've won 4 straight national titles according to wiki. Not that I follow college swimming, but I always assumed all the good swimmers went to Stanford or other west coast schools like that.

Reactions: jhmossy
one of the things that surprised me while watching the Olympics was hearing that UVA is the defending womens champs and has one of the best swimming programs in the NCAA. In fact, they've won 4 straight national titles according to wiki. Not that I follow college swimming, but I always assumed all the good swimmers went to Stanford or other west coast schools like that.

Yeah, it's a recent phenomenon. UVA women's swimming was always pretty good but it's now an elite program. New coach has basically brought in and kept elite talent.

Yeah, it's a recent phenomenon. UVA women's swimming was always pretty good but it's now an elite program. New coach has basically brought in and kept elite talent.
is that where all Tony Bennet's NIL money is going?

Reactions: jhmossy
Or TX or Indiana

ADVERTISEMENT