ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA announces COVID issues will result in tournament forfeit

Do you realize this is a team game? And anything non-covid related could happen and wouldn’t change anything, like if a stud goes down injured for a contender, or upsets like you say.

But if teams get to just advance via forfeit, which is totally new, it just won’t be the same. It’s not like a forfeit just hurts, it also vastly helps not only the team that advance but everyone in the bracket.

And back to your Olympic “trophy” 😂 your right they still give one out, to whoever wins the competition. Not for just showing up when the other person is injured/sick.
Please provide a better, realistic solution. This one is not theoretically perfect, but is the simplest, most practical. Are you suggesting they fill the sick teams slot with the last team they defeated? That would deserve three asterisks if the fill in team won it all.

Please provide a better, realistic solution. This one is not theoretically perfect, but is the simplest, most practical. Are you suggesting they fill the sick teams slot with the last team they defeated? That would deserve three asterisks if the fill in team won it all.

Ohh your right, I mean there are a few things I’d consider like reseeding if someone went down so the team that reaps the reward is the one that’s earned it all season as the one seed. But besides that yea idk much they could have done. But it’s def making me rethink my take on asterisks gate 2020.

Gonna have to wait and see

Maybe if u have to forfeit a round in, then whoever you beat, takes your spot......................in line at contact tracing testing.

Ohh your right, I mean there are a few things I’d consider like reseeding if someone went down so the team that reaps the reward is the one that’s earned it all season as the one seed. But besides that yea idk much they could have done. But it’s def making me rethink my take on asterisks gate 2020.

Gonna have to wait and see
Do nothing but piss people off even mentioning reseeding less than 24 hours before a game is to be played. That sounds like something our liberal leaders in Washington would suggest.

I bet if they polled Americans at least 69% would agree that the first J&J shots should go to NCAA spring tourney sports. I would say just mens basketball but I'm an Iowa fan and think we should also do wrasslin. So we'll need to vaccinate women's BB and indoor track for title ix. Who's with me? Love or hate Obama, you know that dude would have gotten at least the P5s he picked to advance vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT