ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Rosters - Thoughts?

13-14 is high teens? So what the hell is 18? Super high teens? 19 is really super duper high teens?
High as in picking high. You get the lower number means a higher pick? Are you saying picking 1st is a low pick? since we are talking about draft picks, yes, 13-14 are high teens.

That's an all-timer, my friend.

Last edited:
The NBA is enacting zero-tolerance policy for fans that display abusive behavior.

"We've added any sexist language or LGBTQ language, any denigrating language in that way, anything that is non-basketball-related," said Jerome Pickett, the NBA's executive vice president and chief security officer. "So 'your mother' comments, talking about your family, talking about test scores, anything non-basketball-related, we've added that in as well as being something that we will go and pull a fan out of the seat and investigate what happened."

Not crazy about fans that shout off obnoxious obscenities towards players and refs. But, don't players talk to each other like this? Some things should be off limits, sure. That's fine. But it sounds like just about everything is off-limits now, if there is any truth to this zero-tolerance policy.

What are fans going to say now? "Hey Westbrook! Your shot selection is below average!"

My fantasy team is drafted and I'm heading into the season a bit on edge.

13 team league 11 roster spots.

Top heavy with Anteotounmpko and Doncic... a few potential break out guys Ingram, A Gordon, and Markkanen... some old dudes, M Gasol, D Jordan, J Teague...filled it out with Fournier, Stein, Delon Wright.. eh, I just don't know fellas. I just don't know.

The NBA is enacting zero-tolerance policy for fans that display abusive behavior.

"We've added any sexist language or LGBTQ language, any denigrating language in that way, anything that is non-basketball-related," said Jerome Pickett, the NBA's executive vice president and chief security officer. "So 'your mother' comments, talking about your family, talking about test scores, anything non-basketball-related, we've added that in as well as being something that we will go and pull a fan out of the seat and investigate what happened."

Not crazy about fans that shout off obnoxious obscenities towards players and refs. But, don't players talk to each other like this? Some things should be off limits, sure. That's fine. But it sounds like just about everything is off-limits now, if there is any truth to this zero-tolerance policy.

What are fans going to say now? "Hey Westbrook! Your shot selection is below average!"

I say if nothing else this sends the message up front - let's cool it on the over the top stuff. Also tells their players the league is trying to support them. We'll see how it goes.

If it was an LSU night time football game there'd be 12 year old kids getting ejected.

Reactions: dukedevilz
High as in picking high. You get the lower number means a higher pick? Are you saying picking 1st is a low pick? since we are talking about draft picks, yes, 13-14 are high teens.

That's an all-timer, my friend.

It depends how you phrase it. The “high teens” is a phrase that has a distinct meaning in life. If someone said a team was ranked in the high teens it’s pretty common acceptance that you would mean 17-19.

If you had said a pick in the “lower end of the lottery” it would be pretty accepted that you mean 10-14.

You didn’t say “higher up the draft board.” (Which of course means lower down on the numbers). You made a distinct statement about the higher end of the teens, which is a distinct range of numbers.

At any rate. Seems like we are saying the same thing. If they missed the playoffs they would be picking in the 11-14 range. Which can be a pretty darn good player some years.

Reactions: dtgold88
My fantasy team is drafted and I'm heading into the season a bit on edge.

13 team league 11 roster spots.

Top heavy with Anteotounmpko and Doncic... a few potential break out guys Ingram, A Gordon, and Markkanen... some old dudes, M Gasol, D Jordan, J Teague...filled it out with Fournier, Stein, Delon Wright.. eh, I just don't know fellas. I just don't know.

You got Freak and Doncic? You must be in a league with folks who don’t know much about ball.

Freak should have gone top 3, no question. And Doncic should have gone 11-16.

You got Freak and Doncic? You must be in a league with folks who don’t know much about ball.

Freak should have gone top 3, no question. And Doncic should have gone 11-16.

It was an auction which makes drafting tricky. Each team started with $260. I blasted $110 on Greek and $71 on Doncic. So I ran pretty thin rest of the way. Like what I got out of Ingram and Markkanen opening night....

I've already cut 2 guys I like playing the FA pool - Stein and Deandre are gonzo. Added your boy Bacon he came out gunning.

Reactions: GE Nole
Clippers have pretty much made their statement in week 1.

It's going to be a fun year.

Bucks got a real nice road win w/ Greek fouling out.

It was an auction which makes drafting tricky. Each team started with $260. I blasted $110 on Greek and $71 on Doncic. So I ran pretty thin rest of the way. Like what I got out of Ingram and Markkanen opening night....

I've already cut 2 guys I like playing the FA pool - Stein and Deandre are gonzo. Added your boy Bacon he came out gunning.

Ahhh. That makes much more sense. Good call. Markkanen is a stud. And yeah Bake has really come out hot.

Love how Buford t justice listed 10 players and missed out on both Jokic and Embiid as being top ten.

Ahhh. That makes much more sense. Good call. Markkanen is a stud. And yeah Bake has really come out hot.

Yeah this league I am in is so much fun. 13 teams 11 man rosters. Ingram has had a monster week for me. Back end of roster is shaky I may run last in blocks.

It depends how you phrase it. The “high teens” is a phrase that has a distinct meaning in life. If someone said a team was ranked in the high teens it’s pretty common acceptance that you would mean 17-19.

If you had said a pick in the “lower end of the lottery” it would be pretty accepted that you mean 10-14.

You didn’t say “higher up the draft board.” (Which of course means lower down on the numbers). You made a distinct statement about the higher end of the teens, which is a distinct range of numbers.

At any rate. Seems like we are saying the same thing. If they missed the playoffs they would be picking in the 11-14 range. Which can be a pretty darn good player some years.
we are saying the same, but come on. when you are talking about the draft high means better pick. Meaning high teens is 13-14.

Sure...could be a good player, but most likely is JAG at best.

Andrew Christian Wiggins just took over the game. RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Scored 11 straight points, late in the fourth quarter, capped by a step back 3.

Portland @ Mavs was a great game tonight. You can see the Mavs are a few players away, but the Doncic/Porzingis duo could be alright!

Love how Buford t justice listed 10 players and missed out on both Jokic and Embiid as being top ten.

I was just dropping players.
I do like Jokic's game offensively. I think Murray isn't getting enough credit for what is going on with Denver though.
It isn't all Jokic.

Why not the argument for Karl Anthony Towns?

So far after half a week you could make a case for KAT as MVP.

My two sleeper teams so far have looked good.
A great game by Portland have kept the Mavs and Minnesota from both being 3-0.

Portland @ Mavs was a great game tonight. You can see the Mavs are a few players away, but the Doncic/Porzingis duo could be alright!

That front office is really going to have to evaluate correctly.
There is belief that Doncic might end up the best player in the NBA and they can find pieces for him.
But to get those two players they gave up a lot and Doncic is only 20 years old.

From what I have heard and read they are high on Jalen Brunson.
He had a horrible game on both sides of the ball against Portland.
They need Brunson to step up.

Even with all that they only lost by 2.

Golden St gets blitzed by 30 by OKC. It is officially time to worry if you are a GS fan.

Worry about what? There weren’t really any serious expectations this year. It’s a gap year to test out some things and then come back next year with a fully healthy Klay.

I was just dropping players.
I do like Jokic's game offensively. I think Murray isn't getting enough credit for what is going on with Denver though.
It isn't all Jokic.

Why not the argument for Karl Anthony Towns?

So far after half a week you could make a case for KAT as MVP.

My two sleeper teams so far have looked good.
A great game by Portland have kept the Mavs and Minnesota from both being 3-0.

Why is your defense of illogically not having Jokic in the top 15 players always, “what about player X,” and player X is a guy who everyone agrees is top 10?

Yes, KAT is a top 15 player. We all would acknowledge that. Just like Jokic is a top 15 player.

It isn't all Jokic.

Murray is good, but sometimes he tries to do too much. Not a very good defender. But maybe the only one on the team that can get "hot" and score a bunch of buckets very quickly

Denver is best when they have jokic and Murray playing the pick and roll game, with Gary Harris out on the wings (he needs to be more selfish), and their other wings d(Barton, Millsap) to the hoop. It'll be interesting to see if/how MPJ, Bol Bol, and Grant fit in together.

Worry about what? There weren’t really any serious expectations this year. It’s a gap year to test out some things and then come back next year with a fully healthy Klay.

Worry about the future of the org/roster. Klay is great but there is no guarantee he returns to form first year back or solves the overall problems. This roster is bad.

Worry about the future of the org/roster. Klay is great but there is no guarantee he returns to form first year back or solves the overall problems. This roster is bad.

Lol. Two games removed from a dynasty and it’s time to worry about the future of the org? If FA and trades have taught us anything it’s that franchises can drastically change overnight. I have confidence that GSW leaders will execute a solid plan.

Also, recovering from ACL is pretty routine these days. Ain’t like an Achilles rupture or compound leg fracture. Klay will be 16+ months removed from the injury when next season starts.

Lol. Two games removed from a dynasty and it’s time to worry about the future of the org?

I'm not saying they're going to have to give back their rings or their legacy is tainted, and their history isn't appreciated.

These guys are great. But they're getting a little older. As a fan, I prefer Klay comes back strong and they make the required signings next year to be good. But the west is tough. Just saying it's no guarantee. A few franchises are on the rise out there.

I'm not writing them off this year after 2 games it's the NBA they can easily end up fine but this roster is SHAKY.

It's not like my POV is from Mars. Somebody just barfed a write up on ESPN about this topic.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-does-chase-center-house-warriors-future-past

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say this is the first time in NBA history that 3 players from the same school, playing for the same NBA team, scored 20+ points in a game. Last night the Pelicans took down the Nuggets, 122-107.

Jahlil Okafor- 26 points
Brandon Ingram- 25 points
Frank Jackson- 21 points

Also of note, Michael Porter got his first taste of NBA action and scored 15 points (5 for 8 from the floor) in 21 minutes.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say this is the first time in NBA history that 3 players from the same school, playing for the same NBA team, scored 20+ points in a game. Last night the Pelicans took down the Nuggets, 122-107.

Jahlil Okafor- 26 points
Brandon Ingram- 25 points
Frank Jackson- 21 points

Also of note, Michael Porter got his first taste of NBA action and scored 15 points (5 for 8 from the floor) in 21 minutes.

All playing on the same team is the stand out. UK has multiple players who are averaging 20 or more but play on different teams. I read updates on BBNBA daily and I can't recall three on the same team doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz

Maybe not by some, but NBA and sports talking heads have been pushing them as a contender. Most gambling sites and writers had them at 5th-7th (somewhere around there) as far as odds to win it all pre-season. There were definitely expectations and not many were talking "down year" or "bridge year".

I don't know why. It was kind of obvious with everything they lost that they would most likely get a low seed or struggle to make the playoffs. Guess people were putting a lot off stock in Russell's one good year.

So you have Culver's peak as league leading scorer and perennial MVP candidate?

I gotta be honest, there isn't a single opinion you've given in this entire thread that I didn't think was completely idiotic.

Yep. I’ve been reading through this thread and the Sheriff is a gotdamn idiot. Wouldn’t take a word he says about the NBA seriously.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I think Dallas hangs around Sheriff... Doncic is a monster and he does it in a way that also makes the guys around him a little better. He's averaging nearly a triple double and the assists kind of blow me away, it's not the strongest supporting cast.

No clue about their cap space/economic situation but I suspect that around the trade deadline they'll be looking to add a big if possible.

Even if they make no moves Doncic's got the ability to keep them in the picture.

I think I like Minnesota too. I like what they're doing they've moved Teague to 6th man and they have some decent depth there to go with the Wiggins breakout and obvious KT strong play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT