ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Rosters - Thoughts?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Jan 20, 2011
There are a few obvious upgrades - Clips, Rockets, Lakers.... Well I think they are obvious upgrades but somebody could make a case maybe not?

You can't talk me off the Clips they are just loaded. Depth/Chemistry could be issues with Houston and the Lakers, but it's hard to argue against their moves. Or is it?

What else do you all see?

I like Conley out in Utah. I kind of like that Denver didn't do much, added a role player but kept the core.

76ers adding Horford I kind of like that but they lost JJ and I like what he brought that team. They did bring in Richardson from Miami so maybe that's an upgrade I'm not really sure.

It appears Charlotte is going to suck.

Phoenix adding Kaminsky to make sure their 2nd string defense won't stop anybody.

I give Orlando props for doing pretty much nothing and saying, "We kind of like our young guys, and we play in the East so we could be the 6 seed this year."

Who do you see flopping? Who do you see surprising?

What about ROY, is it Zion and we just fuhget about it? He's on an up tempo team and he figures to get all the shots he wants with Jrue.

No clue what to make of the Celtics. They are intriguing with Kemba and Heyward trying to bounce back.

Deeper thoughts. I was mulling over what to do with my 25c Draft Kings Euro Basketball Team - that's right they tip off this Thursday can you believe that shit? Interesting players in the player pool. The regular studs Nick Calathes, Nando De Colo, Scottie Wilbekin, and Jan Vesely return... but I see some new faces - Jimmer Fredette, Greg Monroe, and Shelvin Mack.

If you don't watch the E league you're missing out it's good stuff.

My preseason top 8 from West go as:
1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Pels (depending on how the guys mesh with Zion, Ingram, Jaxon Hayes, Lonzo, Holiday, JJ, Josh Hart, Favors.. etc. on paper that’s a pretty formidable squad.

For the East my top 8 goes as:
1. Milwaukee
2. Philly
3. Indiana
4. Brooklyn
5. Boston
6. Toronto
7. Orlando
8. Sleeper pick (Knicks) they have an interesting squad that is pretty talented on paper with Julius Randle, Ntilikina, DSJ, RJ Barrett, Knox, Mitchell Robinson, Marcus Morris, and Taj Gibson. They’ll be better than most people think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big ol arms
I would wait on the Pels

I like what they have and they can be a real exciting team but the Spurs and Mavs may end up being better this year

Especially the Spurs.

Sounds like Rockets are going to run 6 minutes of iso with Harden than 6 with Westbrook and keep switching off until the last 4-5 minutes.
Enough to carry them to 50+ wins because of the other pieces.
Both are very good at creating. Westbrook is just more explosive than Chris Paul was and impacts more of the game.

Just matters their seeding and playoff roster.
I just don't see them getting past the WCF.

I would wait on the Pels

I like what they have and they can be a real exciting team but the Spurs and Mavs may end up being better this year

Especially the Spurs.

Sounds like Rockets are going to run 6 minutes of iso with Harden than 6 with Westbrook and keep switching off until the last 4-5 minutes.
Both are very good at creating. Westbrook is just more explosive than Chris Paul was and impacts more of the game.

You’re probably right, and I was gonna put the Spurs as my 7 or 8, but I decided to go out on a limb. Pels are pretty inexperienced aside from a couple vets.

My preseason top 8 from West go as:
1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Jazz
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Pels (depending on how the guys mesh with Zion, Ingram, Jaxon Hayes, Lonzo, Holiday, JJ, Josh Hart, Favors.. etc. on paper that’s a pretty formidable squad.

For the East my top 8 goes as:
1. Milwaukee
2. Philly
3. Indiana
4. Brooklyn
5. Boston
6. Toronto
7. Orlando
8. Sleeper pick (Knicks) they have an interesting squad that is pretty talented on paper with Julius Randle, Ntilikina, DSJ, RJ Barrett, Knox, Mitchell Robinson, Marcus Morris, and Taj Gibson. They’ll be better than most people think.

Nuggets are way too low. They will be top 3 in the west. At least in the regular season.

There is enough with the Rockets to win maybe 60 games in a weak division but regular season doesn't mean much to most on their roster and they don't have enough in the playoffs

I do think their roster in much better suited for what they want to do with Westbrook over Chris Paul.

If they get complacent they will be stuck around 50 wins again
If I had to base it on talent compared to the schedule they have the best chance at the #1 seed.

Nuggets are way too low. They will be top 3 in the west. At least in the regular season.
Probably could flip warriors with nugs, but I feel like Houston will have a pretty good year.

Probably could flip warriors with nugs, but I feel like Houston will have a pretty good year.

The Lakers and Rockets don’t care about the regular season. Heck, neither will the Clippers.

Nuggets will be top 3 in the West.

Reactions: dtgold88
Pistons need to blow it up. Never going to sniff a chip with this current roster. I’m fine with us tanking. I can’t get excited about top draft picks, not 12-18 range.

The Lakers and Rockets don’t care about the regular season. Heck, neither will the Clippers.

Nuggets will be top 3 in the West.
Maybe, who knows. The roster changes make this season really intriguing.

Nuggets will be solid like last year, no doubt. Just can’t see them being better than the Jazz/Warriors/Rockets this season. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong. This season is shaping up to be the most interesting season in a long time.

Nuggets will be solid like last year, no doubt. Just can’t see them being better than the Jazz/Warriors/Rockets this season. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong. This season is shaping up to be the most interesting season in a long time.

The Nuggets won 54 games and were the 2 seed in the West last year. That’s a lot better than “solid.”

The Nuggets won 54 games and were the 2 seed in the West last year. That’s a lot better than “solid.”

That is on Murray and Jokic.
Solid players but do you think either or both would be considered Top 10-15 in the NBA.

I think the Jazz have more potential than the Nuggets. Denver going to win 50 again but I don't see them as a 60 win team.

Reactions: UL_1986
Certainly looks that way. This has got to be the most parity in a decade, right?

People don't buy into these Super Teams. I think ESPN thought they could get everyone to buy into these huge matchups but it doesn't work.
You need everyone interested. The popularity in the 1990's wasn't just because of MJ by himself and the Chicago Bulls.

I do think, though, that Brooklyn aren't the Knicks. As much as people want them to be they need the Knicks up there against the Celtics and Sixers and not Brooklyn.
Not to mention the Bulls.

Solid players but do you think either or both would be considered Top 10-15 in the NBA.

I think the Jazz have more potential than the Nuggets. Denver going to win 50 again but I don't see them as a 60 win team.

Huh??? Jokic is unanimously considered a top 10 player in the league, let alone top 15.

I would wait on the Pels

Especially the Spurs.

yea, cause that "let's take turns going ISO" system really worked so well 2 years ago in OKC.

Houston could be in big trouble this year. They have the two guys who want the ball more than any other players in the entire league and that's backed up by usage stats. No way that works.

yea, cause that "let's take turns going ISO" system really worked so well 2 years ago in OKC.

Houston could be in big trouble this year. They have the two guys who want the ball more than any other players in the entire league and that's backed up by usage stats. No way that works.

It has worked for Houston the last two years.
OKC didn't have another Harden. Paul George is a great player but he isn't an elite scorer like Harden.

Because they needed a center for All NBA team.
Jokic ended up All NBA because of lack of elite centers more than because he was a Top 10.

Has nothing to do with positions. Every list out there right now has Jokic comfortably in the top 10 and those lists are not based on positions.

Reactions: GE Nole
It has worked for Houston the last two years.
OKC didn't have another Harden. Paul George is a great player but he isn't an elite scorer like Harden.

What are you talking about? Houston never had a system where players take turns going ISO. It's been Harden and only Harden getting the ISOs. I think you're confused.

Has nothing to do with positions. Every list out there right now has Jokic comfortably in the top 10 and those lists are not based on positions.

Every list?
Probably because he was an All NBA player.
Not too many elite centers.

I actually wouldn't include any centers in the Top 10

Giannis
Curry
PG13
Harden
Anthony Davis
Kawhi
LeBron
Lillard
Westbrook
KD

Depends on your definition of solid. They had a really nice regular season, elite if you will. Then barely got past the spurs and ended up losing to the blazers who in turn got swept by the Warriors. So yeah, solid..

Too much talent in the West. I stand by my initial prediction of the nugs in the West.

Every list?
Probably because he was an All NBA player.
Not too many elite centers.

I actually wouldn't include any centers in the Top 10

Giannis
Curry
PG13
Harden
Anthony Davis
Kawhi
LeBron
Lillard
Westbrook
KD

yes, he's on every list and it has nothing to do with the position he plays or the accolades he got last year. It's a projection for this year and has nothing to do with all NBA teams past or future.

Reactions: GE Nole
Harden and Chris Paul.

lol Chris Paul stood in the corner most of the time and watched Harden operate. If CP3 got any ISO's it sure wasn't on a 50/50 split with Harden, it was closer to 90/10. So, nothing like the 50/50 split they are going to try this year, a system that already proved disastrous in OKC 2 years ago.

yes, he's on every list and it has nothing to do with the position he plays or the accolades he got last year. It's a projection for this year and has nothing to do with all NBA teams past or future.

He isn't on every list.
Not on mind.
Don't care what some Bleacher Report says because for the most part all their list are horrible.

Jokic is a great player and has upside but he isn't a Top 10 level player.
He could end up there maybe this season or next but I think Donovan Mitchell from Utah has a better chance.

Goes back to my original point about Denver vs Utah

lol Chris Paul stood in the corner most of the time and watched Harden operate. If CP3 got any ISO's it sure wasn't on a 50/50 split with Harden, it was closer to 90/10. So, nothing like the 50/50 split they are going to try this year, a system that already proved disastrous in OKC 2 years ago.

They aren't trying a 50/50 split
They are going to use one to keep the others legs fresh.
Majority of the game they won't be on the court together

Depends on your definition of solid. They had a really nice regular season, elite if you will. Then barely got past the spurs and ended up losing to the blazers who in turn got swept by the Warriors. So yeah, solid..

Well, the only thing I've been stating on here is that they would finish top 3 in the regular season standings. So that's what I'm talking about.

Uhhh, yeah I think Jokic is definitely considered a top 10-15 player in the NBA. Not even a question. If you're legitimately questioning that, I question whether you watch the NBA.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Well, the only thing I've been stating on here is that they would finish top 3 in the regular season standings. So that's what I'm talking about.
I get that, I just happen to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT